Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sprint customers will be roaming on T-Mobile soon.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Around Sacramento, it's native coverage or no coverage. USCC's California coverage is north of Sacramento.
    Yea I think they cover an area in or near Mendocino county.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Yea I think they cover an area in or near Mendocino county.
    Pretty much all of California, north of Sacramento.

Name:  Clipboard01.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  138.6 KB
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Pretty much all of California, north of Sacramento.
    USC mostly only covers the US 101 corridor above Santa Rosa and some areas in the far northeast. It is going to be spotty on US 101 no matter which carrier. Sprint coverage may be as good as TMO in some of these areas. The hatched areas on the maps are roaming. The star is my general location.

USC voice
    Name:  USC voice 101.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  87.2 KB

USC data
    Name:  USC data 101.JPG
Views: 91
Size:  111.4 KB

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    This is where USCC has 850 MHz licenses in California. They have other low-band (600 & 700) licensed down to just north of Chico.

Name:  Clipboard01.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  168.5 KB

Feedback Score
    This is where USCC has 850 MHz licenses in California. They have other low-band (600 & 700) licensed down to just north of Chico.
    There is a difference in having licensed spectrum, and actually using it. T-Mobile has licenses for B12 and B71 in NorCal, but uses very little of it. Makes their coverage pretty bad in many of the outlying areas. A surprising thing is T-Mo has not activated 5G in most of NorCal, even in the Bay Area. A large area around Reno has it. ???

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    There is a difference in having licensed spectrum, and actually using it.
    It's a little difficult to provide native service where you don't have a license.

Feedback Score
    It's a little difficult to provide native service where you don't have a license.
    T-Mobile has licenses for B12 and B71 in much of NorCal but not using it presently. What are Sprint users going to roam on, which is the subject of this thread? I don't think relying on USC is a good option. TMO better retain B41 LTE for those users, and not steal it away just for 5G. Should keep B25 available too.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile has licenses for B12 and B71 in much of NorCal but not using it presently. What are Sprint users going to roam on, which is the subject of this thread? I don't think relying on USC is a good option. TMO better retain B41 LTE for those users, and not steal it away just for 5G. Should keep B25 available too.
    Band 25 is just an additional PCS block.. there's no reason to *not* keep it available, and T-Mobile will most likely do a 50/50 split on 2.4GHz to start, and as more 5G devices come online, eventually move *all* of 2.4GHz to 5G.

with T-Mobile having a substantial B71 licence, I am willing to bet once they get sprint's network plan sorted out, you will see a better rural push from them using mostly existing sites built by AT&T/Verizon early on, since they do not own most of them anymore.
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"
    Sprint: Premium Unlimited (for 100GB hotspot!)

Feedback Score
    No, Sprint customers will not be actually T-Mobile customers until the infrastructure, accounting, etc. changes have been made. More like the Sprint division of T-Mobile until then. They were talking 2-3 years for all this. Good thing there will be a delay, because many Sprint phones will have to be replaced to be T-Mobile compatible. The claim is 80% are compatible now, but I think that is BS.
    The merger is complete , I’m now a T-Mobile customer since I’m roaming on T-Mobile towers freely and at the same low sprint price

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrp Alert View Post
    California Public Utilities meeting is April 16. Your timeline is off by a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Merger is done, I’m already enjoying service on all T-Mobile towers and LTE bands

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 9, Apple Xr, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Project Fi, T-Moblie
    Feedback Score
    In my local area I have a decent Sprint signal, and maybe one bar indoors of T-mobile, outside T-mobile works fine less than a mile down the road in almost every direction. There is a big T-mobile hole in southern Hillsdale county Michigan Go 10 miles southwest and Sprint has a hole. There is a perfectly placed Sprint tower 4 miles north of the Ohio Line just off US-127 that will fill the T-mobile hole nicely when converted. I ported from Magenta to Yellow last night with a new S20. With the merger, I almost feel guilty taking the $100 port gift card.... My home internet, and iPhone are Fast Band 2 ATT LTE from a extra tall former Centennial tower 6 miles down the road at the highest point between the Ohio Turnpike and home, So at home my Sprint WiFi calling is actually using ATT.
    ATT Note 9, iPhone Xr
    T-mobile Nokia 6.1
    Project Fi Moto G6

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaco1 View Post
    Merger is done, I’m already enjoying service on all T-Mobile towers and LTE bands
    How do you know what you are running on? Details please for everybody's benefit. Not everybody is as sophisticated as some here, nor do they have have the latest phones that are more capable.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    How do you know what you are running on? Details please for everybody's benefit. Not everybody is as sophisticated as some here, nor do they have have the latest phones that are more capable.
    iPhone test mode *3001#12345#*
    Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...check&hl=en_US

Google it from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrp Alert View Post
    iPhone test mode *3001#12345#*
    Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...check&hl=en_US
    Very familiar with Android signal apps, including SignalCheck Pro. You are only going to see whatever tower you are on at a given point, and only from the carrier your SIM card is designated for. Maybe different if roaming, but us MVNO customers usually don't have that capability.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kneemeister View Post
    ......There is a perfectly placed Sprint tower 4 miles north of the Ohio Line just off US-127 that will fill the T-mobile hole nicely when converted. ......
    Don't count your chickens.... I've seen T-Mobile do some pretty bone-headed things over the years.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast