Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Could use some suggestions for new phone plan - preferrably for a year

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    Red Pocket does have an annual plan of 5gb on Verizon now.

Everyday sale price on eBay is about $240.

Could be less if they have a special sale(maybe around Easter?) or eBay ever issues a coupon.
    In case diddlydudette or anybody is interested, the above UT&T&D, 5GB/mo LTE, Red Pocket plan is currently on sale, as of this moment, for $209.99/360 days (regular price $240), or $17.50/30 days. That's a pretty good deal! Link:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/17-50-Mo-Re...-/133058350672

EDIT:
    Huh. I missed daleraver's post just above mine with the info about the sale price! Oh, well...I'll leave my post since it has the link to the eBay plan.
    Last edited by Boz1; 03-14-2020 at 06:41 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    As long as the phone is VoLTE compatible, it --should-- work on any Vzw MVNO. I was just wondering if maybe it has started malfunctioning. It will be hard to tell without some testing with either another MVNO or another phone.

Regarding what will happen if you file a dispute with your CC company, if you decide to go that route, I would file the dispute and then port your # out before Net10 has a chance to do anything with your #. But I wonder if it's even too late to file a dispute with your CC?

Regarding where to move your #, TW is under the same ownership as Net10, so if you think Net10 might do something to your #, TW may know about it. It's generally thought that they share CSRs and databases.

There's nothing wrong with Total Wireless. My sons used TW successfully and happily for 4 years, when it was the best option for a high data allowance for the least cost. They only just left because one decided to get a free iPhone 11 and go on his girlfriend of 5 years family's plan, and the other decided to go with Visible (Vzw) on the $25/mo unlimited everything plan.
    Thanks Boz. That's what I don't know and why I was wondering. I don't know if it's too late to do a chargeback. I'm just past 6 months of the 1 year plan. If they don't chargeback, then I'd just put up with Net10 for the remainder of my time. I'd hate to move my number and then find out the chargeback is too late in the game.

I don't think I'll chance it. All I know is I will never go with Net10 ever again. It's been a nightmare. Dealing with customer service is the worst. All they do is transfer you around from person to person until the last person just hangs up on you and you call and start again. If you ask a question, they refer to a manual to look up a response. They don't seem educated on how plans work with phones. It's just a bunch of canned answers and they all speak the exact same script.

Feedback Score
    In case diddlydudette or anybody is interested, the above UT&T&D, 5GB/mo LTE, Red Pocket plan is currently on sale, as of this moment, for $209.99/360 days (regular price $240), or $17.50/30 days. That's a pretty good deal! Link:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/17-50-Mo-Re...-/133058350672

EDIT:
    Huh. I missed daleraver's post just above mine with the info about the sale price! Oh, well...I'll leave my post since it has the link to the eBay plan.
    What is UT&T&D? Red Pocket on Verizon is a great deal at 209.99 and of course you get charged the tax now. Hopefully in June/July of this year they will have that same deal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I'd call up the cc tell them the **** & you want to initiate a chargeback. Ask if you can still chargeback. Tell cc not to start now. Tell cc you're going to port out your # 1st, so you don't lose it. NEVER count on a Slime mvno to do the right thing.
    I may just call and ask. It won't do any harm to just ask. I wish I knew for sure I could get my money back and then I'd jump on the Red Pocket deal but I don't think Chase can tell me 100% sure I could win and get my money back from Net10. I may just have to suffer with crappy Net10 until june/july.

Thanks for the suggestion! I really appreciate it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sevillelady View Post
    I'm no fan of any tracfone brand because I don't speak Hindi. That said my family is using TF,TW,ST, & N-10 on VZ and AT&T. Never had a service issue. The folks here are very knowledgeable, would a new sim help in this case?

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app
    I think what worked for about a month last time I called is that they reset my sim. I was able to get texts instantly and I was getting phone calls and all was good. Then it went back to delayed texts and sometimes phone not ringing or alerting me I have a call.

Yesterday when I called, one rep did suggest a new sim but they said I'd have to pay for it. That got me asking for a manager. Here I am with a phone not working on their plan when it should and they want me to pay for a new sim when it might be a sim issue? Why not do the right thing and offer to send me a new one and help me to get the phone working? Not my fault if they sent me a faulty sim. Sims aren't that expensive....just mail it to me to try. I have a family member's phone and will call Net10 again tomorrow. I'll ask to go straight to a manger/supervisor and ask for a sim and if they give me a problem, I'll ask that they reset my sim.

Thanks.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
    What is UT&T&D?
    Unlimited Talk&Text&Data.

With a couple of these recent 5GB plans, it just means that when the 5GB is up data doesn't completely stops. Just drops down to under "2G speeds". I had tried a Verizon MVNO a couple years ago and when the limited (250mb at the time on my plan) data ran out VoLTE would also stop.

After being away from the Verizon network for a few years for my main phone, I guess I'll see if the de-prioritization many people complain about here at HF is an issue for me where I use/live. Hope not, since I'm signed up for a year.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Trying to simplify to 2 prepaid lines, one on the Verizon network and a limited minute plan on ATT to improve coverage area. 12 month plans to help me fight the urge to switch. The good old days of contracts where you had to pay a hefty ETF to leave

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    I was just wondering if maybe it has started malfunctioning. It will be hard to tell without some testing with either another MVNO or another phone.
    I suggest trying another phone as well if possible. I've had older phones that developed antenna/radio issues that caused intermittent problems.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I'm about in tears from the Net10 customer service. It blows my mine how unhelpful they are or want to be. Today I made sure I had a second phone to use while we troubleshooted my phone. I got a manager on the phone and again told her the story of delayed texts and sometimes not getting calls. I asked her if she could reset my sim or send me a new one.

This is how she troubleshooted (is that a word lol). She went me a text which I did receive in a minute and I sent myself a text and received it in the same time.

She declares now that my phone is fixed. I told her that 75% of the time, I'm not this lucky and that I may not get texts until the next day or 1/2 hour later. I told her that this was the case 75% of the time.

She kept repeating and apologizing to me that nothing they can do since i got the text instantly in this one instance. She says my phone is working now and not a thing else they can do to troubleshoot. OMG, I can't believe.

I kept repeating that this is not the case 75% of the time. My phone does not work. She refused to reset my sim or to send me a new one. I'm sorry but I've never had such sub-par service. Wow. This has been a big lessons learned....unbelievable. I told her at one time they reset my sim and it seemed to work for a month. I told her if they can reset my sim that I should be able to keep it on life support until my plan expires but they refuse to help me out and do that. I kept asking why they refuse? All she'd say is my phone is working and there is no need to do that. OMG.

I went to the trouble or borrowing a phone from someone so that I could call and troubleshoot and they refuse. All they do is send a text. I told her I can do that myself.....and this coming from a manager? Wow.

Feedback Score
    ...This has been a big lessons learned....unbelievable...
    Just so you don't fall in this trap again América Móvil owns Net10.

In the USA América Móvil owns:
    TracFone Wireless, NET10 Wireless, Straight Talk, SIMPLE Mobile, Total Wireless, Telcel América, and Page Plus Cellular.

Sorry you're going through this DD. Maybe (fingers crossed) the texting issue is really fixed.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.38 otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 07.08.20

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    If you wanted to get a replacement Net10 SIM in a SIM kit, you could get it (in person) for $1 at Best Buy, Target, or Dollar General. Probably Family Dollar too, but Walmart would be more expensive.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    DD,

As others have mentioned I would try the following: 1) try a different Verizon phone for at least a day or longer (not just a couple texts/phone calls); 2) If you're still having problems, buy a replacement sim card as mframe mentioned in his post and try that both in your phone and another Verizon phone.

If the problem is Net10, switch to another mvno. You're seven months in to an annual plan. I would rather have a cellphone plan that worked, even if it meant losing five months on a prepaid plan.

Eric

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fv22652 View Post
    DD,

As others have mentioned I would try the following: 1) try a different Verizon phone for at least a day or longer (not just a couple texts/phone calls); 2) If you're still having problems, buy a replacement sim card as mframe mentioned in his post and try that both in your phone and another Verizon phone.

If the problem is Net10, switch to another mvno. You're seven months in to an annual plan. I would rather have a cellphone plan that worked, even if it meant losing five months on a prepaid plan.

Eric
    Thanks everyone. I was just in a grocery store and had to call someone, I had no service and had to walk out in the parking lot to call. This happened at 2 stores. Never have I ever had phone service that required I walk outside to call.

I don't know anyone that can be without a Verizon phone for a day or 2. I think what I'm going to end up doing is get Chase to file a dispute. I think after I explain what is going on and how Net10 refuses to troubleshoot, they just may fight for me. This is the worst company and customer service I've ever run into. At this point, I don't even care if I lose my phone number. Unbelievable they refuse to troubleshoot except to send me a text and say my phone works perfectly just because that one text they sent me went through. I'm sorry but they are idiots manning the phones. Anyone could work there. It requires no expertise. You just need to be breathing.

Feedback Score
    As you're feeling just be sure not to go to another América Móvil company.

Feedback Score
    If you have decent AT&T service where you live...
    The AT&T Prepaid Moto E5 should work fine on Net10. Buy a $1 BYOP SIM kit, and change devices to the Moto on AT&T. (It might take a day or 2 to complete the move between carriers.) If it works fine for you, use the Moto through the end of your annual plan. If not, activate the Note again on another swap with a new BYOP SIM card from the same kit. Nothing lost except time and a couple $. Tracfone/Net10's customer service is far better about dealing with activation issues than they are with troubleshooting a line problem.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone. I was just in a grocery store and had to call someone, I had no service and had to walk out in the parking lot to call. This happened at 2 stores. Never have I ever had phone service that required I walk outside to call.

I don't know anyone that can be without a Verizon phone for a day or 2. I think what I'm going to end up doing is get Chase to file a dispute. I think after I explain what is going on and how Net10 refuses to troubleshoot, they just may fight for me. This is the worst company and customer service I've ever run into. At this point, I don't even care if I lose my phone number. Unbelievable they refuse to troubleshoot except to send me a text and say my phone works perfectly just because that one text they sent me went through. I'm sorry but they are idiots manning the phones. Anyone could work there. It requires no expertise. You just need to be breathing.
    Your problem sounds like a phone problem, not a Verizon problem. I know this has been mentioned many times before, but have you tried another Verizon phone?

Eric

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2