Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Could use some suggestions for new phone plan - preferrably for a year

Feedback Score

Could use some suggestions for new phone plan - preferrably for a year

I purchased a year of Net10 in Aug of 2019. It's just not working for me. It's not reliable. I end up calling and chatting with their customers service too many times and get nowhere. I've just finally had it and currently working on a refund from them. After changing to Net10 all I get is very delayed texts and some calls not even coming in. I've had people stand there with me and call me and my phone did nothing. It showed nothing and no ring either. That is just no longer acceptable. I can't rely on it.

Before I leave Net10, I need to find a new plan both economical and reliable. I need it soon so I can transfer my number. I hadn't looked at phone plans in awhile so don't know what's out there. I may end up just going back to Red Pocket.

I prefer 5gb but since I have a Verizon Samsung Note 5, Red Pocket doesn't offer it.

If I can find a deal for say 3gb and then throttling after that? Is something like that out there at a good price?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Carrier(s)
    boom! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
    I purchased a year of Net10 in Aug of 2019. It's just not working for me. It's not reliable. I end up calling and chatting with their customers service too many times and get nowhere. I've just finally had it and currently working on a refund from them. After changing to Net10 all I get is very delayed texts and some calls not even coming in. I've had people stand there with me and call me and my phone did nothing. It showed nothing and no ring either. That is just no longer acceptable. I can't rely on it.

Before I leave Net10, I need to find a new plan both economical and reliable. I need it soon so I can transfer my number. I hadn't looked at phone plans in awhile so don't know what's out there. I may end up just going back to Red Pocket.

I prefer 5gb but since I have a Verizon Samsung Note 5, Red Pocket doesn't offer it.

If I can find a deal for say 3gb and then throttling after that? Is something like that out there at a good price?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    Check out boom! Mobile. We have yearly plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Red Pocket does have an annual plan of 5gb on Verizon now.

Everyday sale price on eBay is about $240.

Could be less if they have a special sale(maybe around Easter?) or eBay ever issues a coupon.
    Quote Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    Sent from my SM-G925T using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    boom! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post

Could be less if they have a special sale(maybe around Easter?) or eBay ever issues a coupon.

boom! Mobile has it on eBay for $229.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff H. View Post
    Check out boom! Mobile. We have yearly plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff H. View Post
    boom! Mobile has it on eBay for $229
    This is a serious question.

Based on the discussion starting at https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...5#post17120055, since diddlydudette has a Verizon Samsung Note 5, wouldn't that phone face the "up to $22/mo penalty fee" issue?

Feedback Score
    Nevermind guys. I do appreciate it and good to know about the Red Pocket now has Verizon on that plan and good to know about Boom.

Come to find out, Net10 won't refund me or help me and there is no other way I can get my money back so I'm stuck with a phone service that they refuse to help me with or refund me for. I purchased plan thru Ebay using Paypal. Paypal says they can dispute/refund up to 180 days but that time has already come and gone. Paypal says my only recourse is my credit card company.

At this point I'm going to just have to deal with a plan that I can't depend on until it expires. I'm afraid if I go thru my credit card company and they help, that Net10 will disconnect the plan with no heads-up and I lose my phone number. It's too complicated to deal with so I'll just have to use it until July, 2020.

Maybe I'll give it some thought and it may be worth fighting with Credit card company even if I have to give up my phone number that I've had for years and years. Net10 is such a disappointment.

NEVER EVER WILL I EVER BUY another TRACFONE/NET10 PLAN. The customer service is horrible and non-existent. They couldn't care any less....it's impossible. Why in the heck would all other Verizon plans works great on my phone yet Net10 does not. It only works here and there when it wants to.

Feedback Score
    diddlydudette, I know we discussed this issue previously in a different thread, but have you been able to test the Net10 SIM in a different Vzw compatible phone to eliminate the possibility that, perhaps coincidentally at the same time you started using it with Net10, your Samsung Note 5 developed a physical/hardware problem? I don't know when it was new to you, but that model was released in August, 2015, so I'd guess there's at least a chance of that.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    diddlydudette, I know we discussed this issue previously in a different thread, but have you been able to test the Net10 SIM in a different Vzw compatible phone to eliminate the possibility that, perhaps coincidentally at the same time you started using it with Net10, your Samsung Note 5 developed a physical/hardware problem? I don't know when it was new to you, but that model was released in August, 2015, so I'd guess there's at least a chance of that.
    No, I sure haven't tried another Verizon phone. Only other phone I have sitting around is AT&T Prepaid - Motorola MOTO E5 Play.

I think when this plan has expired (YAY), I will go back to Red Pocket. I know my phone will work with that plan. I'll just have to suffer until then I guess. I like Samsung Note phones and not quite ready to spend a lot of money on a new one.

Right now I'm desperately trying to find a fix for my voicemail notifications on my Note 5. I had about 20 new voice messages on my phone today and I never saw any type of notification so I had no idea they were even there. I have no idea why the notification has stopped working.

At one time when I called, Net10 had me dial a number after I uninstalled the sim and reinstalled and did some other things. After calling the number, the phone worked for about a month then it stopped again. I had asked the rep what that number was so in case it happened again but she refused to share it with me. Even if I could put this plan on life support month to month until I can go back to Red Pocket. I have just wasted much of the day trying to figure out what to do with this non-working plan.

So are you saying since my phone is about 5 years old, it might be time to get rid of it and not many plans will be compatible with it?

Carrier(s)
    boom! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This is a serious question.

Based on the discussion starting at https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...5#post17120055, since diddlydudette has a Verizon Samsung Note 5, wouldn't that phone face the "up to $22/mo penalty fee" issue?
    We also offer it on Pink and Blue. We could obviously test his device on Red as well to see if registered a penalty.

Feedback Score
    Boz, if I file a claim with my credit card company to get my money back from Net10, I'm wondering how that will work with my phone number. If Net10 disconnects me from the plan, do I have so many days to put the phone on another plan before I lose my phone number or once Net10 disconnects me from my plan, I lose my number?

I tried calling Net10 again. I ended up just getting transferred from dept to dept and then hung up on. This happened twice. I don't think they know enough to help. They probably have a script and aren't very technical enough to know how to fix issues. No one is offering help at all. I just really want my money back.

If I had a heads up on when Net10 is disconnecting me, I could run put my phone on Total Wireless on something else until I purchased a year plan elsewhere so that I could keep my number but without know when they disconnect me, that is what is holding me back.

Any idea what happens to my number? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I'd call up the cc tell them the **** & you want to initiate a chargeback. Ask if you can still chargeback. Tell cc not to start now. Tell cc you're going to port out your # 1st, so you don't lose it. NEVER count on a Slime mvno to do the right thing.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.38 otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 07.08.20

Feedback Score
    As long as the phone is VoLTE compatible, it --should-- work on any Vzw MVNO. I was just wondering if maybe it has started malfunctioning. It will be hard to tell without some testing with either another MVNO or another phone.

Regarding what will happen if you file a dispute with your CC company, if you decide to go that route, I would file the dispute and then port your # out before Net10 has a chance to do anything with your #. But I wonder if it's even too late to file a dispute with your CC?

Regarding where to move your #, TW is under the same ownership as Net10, so if you think Net10 might do something to your #, TW may know about it. It's generally thought that they share CSRs and databases.

There's nothing wrong with Total Wireless. My sons used TW successfully and happily for 4 years, when it was the best option for a high data allowance for the least cost. They only just left because one decided to get a free iPhone 11 and go on his girlfriend of 5 years family's plan, and the other decided to go with Visible (Vzw) on the $25/mo unlimited everything plan.

Feedback Score
    I'm no fan of any tracfone brand because I don't speak Hindi. That said my family is using TF,TW,ST, & N-10 on VZ and AT&T. Never had a service issue. The folks here are very knowledgeable, would a new sim help in this case?

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post

I posted this in another thread, but it seems applicable here, so here is a cut & paste:

For those interested in Red Pocket service, on Ebay currently the 360 day, 5Gb Unlimited voice & text is priced at $209.99. This is down from the standard pricing typically at $240 for the same term and service. I bought one for Verizon service. I have a Verizon one active now but it is the 500Mb version I bought as a trial. It works well and I have never needed it in the 2 months I've had it active in my dual sim iPhone, but I have some trips planned and I can pass that sim down to my wife or grandson. They both have dual sim Xr's, so there is no real learning curve involved.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast