Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TF iPhone Unlock - No Codes Needed, No Email Sent (?)

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    Are you saying that one only has to purchase a year's worth of service to get a Tracfone branded phone unlocked? They do not have to also wait for the year to be up?

Device(s)
    Unlocked Tracfone iPhone SE & iPhone 6S, Tracfone Samsung Luna Pro, Tracfone LG Rebel 4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    Are you saying that one only has to purchase a year's worth of service to get a Tracfone branded phone unlocked? They do not have to also wait for the year to be up?
    No, what seems to be is the TF branded phone (iPhone in this case which unlocks differently than android I think - there is no "code" to enter in phone) needs to have gone through a year of service and the year of service has to be paid.

So let's say you have a new iPhone and you decide to activate it with a transfer in from another phone/account. The account has 13 months of service time on it. So you transfer to iPhone and you get to 12 months of service with your iPhone (a year goes by) but you try and you can't unlock it. Why, because you didn't pay for 12 months specifically for the iPhone. That payment credit belongs to another phone. Pay it on the iPhone, it unlocks. Like what happened for my friend. So it seems he got credit for the time but not for no payment. Make payment, and the time is honored and it unlocks.

If you activate the phone with a 1 year plan for example the phone will not unlock. Why? Because you haven't use it for a year of service.
    In my case, I unlocked 3 iPhones because I paid for a year of service on them and used the phone for a year.

My three iPhones did unlock slightly early.. by a few weeks each.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    My three iPhones did unlock slightly early.. by a few weeks each.
    My wife's TF-branded Fiesta 2 was activated on 4/28/19 and it's been in service since. This morning I tried submitting an unlock request for it but TF said it's not eligible (yet?). I'll try again on 4/30/20.

Device(s)
    Unlocked Tracfone iPhone SE & iPhone 6S, Tracfone Samsung Luna Pro, Tracfone LG Rebel 4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    With the iPhones they tell you they will send an email with instructions, but they never send anything. I just know at this point to check the phone with a roaming international sim to see if it has unlocked after a day or two. In the account the unlock request will change from open to closed as well.

With my friends account, he only added 3 months of service to what was transferred on to it. I never even considered that. Both of my iPhone were also transfers but I had added year cards to them as well as a month here and there. So I was confused at first but the rep explained...he only put three months on. So I asked that if he puts 9 months on it it will unlock? He said that's correct. I was skeptical but he was right. And it was pretty instantaneous.

Meaning one minute before he added the year plan, the unlock page stated that the phone was not eligible to be unlocked.
    After paying and checking again on the unlock page one minute later, it was now eligible and I could enter the required info.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    My wife's TF-branded Fiesta 2 was activated on 4/28/19 and it's been in service since. This morning I tried submitting an unlock request for it but TF said it's not eligible (yet?). I'll try again on 4/30/20.
    Was it a bundle activation? Should unlock on 4/28 if not a little earlier. I would def. call them if it doesn't unlock by 4/30.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    Was it a bundle activation? Should unlock on 4/28 if not a little earlier. I would def. call them if it doesn't unlock by 4/30.
    Yes, it was a Buy-One-Get-One TF deal last year. I activated Fiesta 2 #1 in Feb 2019 with its bundle, then on 4/28/19 activated Fiesta #2 with its bundle and a transfer from #1. I've added a few time cards and a $39.99 1200/1200/3GB/1-yr also. But that phone itself won't have 12 months of service until 4/28/20.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So 24 hours later after I put in the successful unlock request in to TF I put my international sim in the iPhone 6S to see if I could get the activation lock screen which would indicate the phone is unlocked - and it came up. So this was a quick one. So first I confirmed the Wi-Fi (pressed next), and it then asks for your Apple ID and Password with an activation unlock screen. You would not get this screen if the phone was locked. Below that on that screen it offers an unlock with passcode link. So I chose that.. much easier, entered it twice, and bang unlocked and surfing on roaming AT&T. So then I took that sim out, put back TF sim in, and back to normal. So now he can use it when he travels.. one day.

Name:  IMG_1582.PNG
Views: 37
Size:  26.5 KB -- Name:  IMG_1583.PNG
Views: 34
Size:  36.5 KB --Name:  IMG_1584.PNG
Views: 35
Size:  12.1 KB

So that's 4 iPhones - 2 6S and 2 SE (including one using Safelink Wireless), unlocked. Glad that's over.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2