Thread: Verizon Yahoo Mobile (Rebranded Visible?) $40/mo UTT

Device(s)
    Iphone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score

Verizon Yahoo Mobile (Rebranded Visible?) $40/mo UTT

Looks like a rebranded Visible plan at least to some extent, maybe not but it looks like the same thing with phone restrictions etc. No party pay either.

https://www.yahoomobile.com/plan

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    Looks like a rebranded Visible plan at least to some extent, maybe not but it looks like the same thing with phone restrictions etc. No party pay either.

It is. Posted on there site

Effective Date: March 11, 2020

Yahoo Mobile is brought to you by Visible Service, LLC (“Visible”), including Yahoo Mobile service,

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Feedback Score
    Looks like LTE only and unlimited devices on Hotspot. This might actually work as a home internet replacement for some. I'm currently paying Comcast $45.00 for my 3mb speed home internet service.

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score

Verizon Yahoo Mobile (Rebranded Visible?) $40/mo UTT

Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Looks like LTE only and unlimited devices on Hotspot. This might actually work as a home internet replacement for some. I'm currently paying Comcast $45.00 for my 3mb speed home internet service.
    I know iOS is capable of 5. Not sure about Android.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Device(s)
    Iphone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    This would be $15 more a month than Visible though, if a user sets up party pay with three other individuals, with the only difference being 'ad free Yahoo mail' as far as I can tell.

Maybe Verizon will rebrand Visible completely to Yahoo Mobile, adding party pay. They made a huge mistake buying it in the first place (not as bad as AT&T buying Directv though) so they want to monetize it as much as possible.

One reddit user said the website mentions 5G coming soon but I couldn't find that myself.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    This would be $15 more a month than Visible though, if a user sets up party pay with three other individuals, with the only difference being 'ad free Yahoo mail' as far as I can tell.

Maybe Verizon will rebrand Visible completely to Yahoo Mobile, adding party pay. They made a huge mistake buying it in the first place (not as bad as AT&T buying Directv though) so they want to monetize it as much as possible.

One reddit user said the website mentions 5G coming soon but I couldn't find that myself.
    Honestly I don’t care what they call it as long as I get to keep what I have now. I have never had the hotspot speed cap so if I could keep that, bonus. If it goes down to 5, I’m good with that too.

I do think calling it Yahoo Mobile is kind of smart since Yahoo is a well known name/brand. On Yahoo Mobile’s site, it does not specify the one device limit for mobile hotspot. I wonder if they didn’t implement it or just didn’t specify it but it’s there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I can see Verizon trying to recoup a lot of that money lost on the AOL/Yahoo! acquisition.

Most people under 35 probably have zero brand recognition of the Yahoo! brand however.

I do like the simplicity and easy access to this service.

It also, as some have suggested, that eventually the Visible brand might be folded into this one if it’s more successful.

For all those involved: I hope it works out and best of luck.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score

Just like visible it claims the S10 isn't compatible when it really is. You just have to put in the apn settings

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Looks like a rebranded Visible plan at least to some extent, maybe not but it looks like the same thing with phone restrictions etc.
    Why the phone model restrictions? Would think any unlocked Verizon whitelisted phone should work.

Feedback Score
    My S20 5G unlocked US version is deemed "compatible". Not that I need an overpriced "unlimited" plan...

Feedback Score
    I think this is perfect for VZW.

Market the same 1 plan (except adfree YM) to Visible (younger users don't need their hands held) $40 or as low as $25 for party pay. And $40 for Yahoo Mobile (older users) who need CS.

I see VZW keeping both brands as separate entities.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.38 otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 07.08.20

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Why the phone model restrictions? Would think any unlocked Verizon whitelisted phone should work.
    Not all Androids have the required software. Visible and Yahoo Mobile run on a cloud. I don’t know what exactly is required but that’s what I know. iOS seems to be covered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk