Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's HoFo Gold?

Feedback Score

What's HoFo Gold?

I got an email this morning saying congrats - I get HoFo Gold for a month. Have no idea what this is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haymeadowfield View Post
    I got an email this morning saying congrats - I get HoFo Gold for a month. Have no idea what this is.
    Ooo...Hold onto it! With the stock market going down like it is, you might NEED it!

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haymeadowfield View Post
    Take a look HERE , your userID is mentioned below the title "Phone Recommendations". When you click on Gold Membership, it takes you HERE , but I don't know if Gold Membership is the same as Premium Membership.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the explanation hpham. Lucky me (I guess).

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    I got the private message congratulating me about creating a thread that produced a lot of posts and they mentioned enjoying a month of HoFo Gold. The links only took me to the login page for the mobile version of the forum and after logging in, to the list of forums and nothing about HoFo Gold.

I guess it's just to say anyone who gets "HoFo Gold" is on a list of members who posted a lot that month? But why the links? I thought it would lead to a page that *explained* HoFo Gold.

Hmm. Well at least it wasn't a complaint that I've been blabbing too much!

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    I guess it's just to say anyone who gets "HoFo Gold" is on a list of members who posted a lot that month? But why the links? I thought it would lead to a page that *explained* HoFo Gold.
    I think HoFo Gold = Premium membership, which gives you some "perks". My post #3 above explained what those perks are. Being recognized with the "Thread of the Week Winner" banner under your userID means you started a thread that generated a lot of responses. It doesn't mean you posted too much.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    I got this email yesterday and since then I'm blocked from accessing HoFo via the HoFo app I installed from Google Play. I was able to log in to the forum using Chrome.

(Quote pasted from email)
    Dear WheelieBoot,

Your access to the paid subscription "Thread of the Week Winner" is about to expire.

If you have selected a recurring subscription you will be automatically billed for the renewal, else to renew this subscription you must visit https://www.howardforums.com/payments.php

If you do not extend your subscription, access will be removed.

All the best,
    HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource
    (End quote).

I have no paid subs so I assume this has to do with the "golden" status I received for a month (which I never found out what its purpose was).

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    It likely has nothing to do with your subscription. The app hasn't worked for me all day either. Have to access through Tapatalk or a web browser.

Looked to see if an update is available in the Play Store, but don't see one. . . .

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    I did search and find the HoFo app on Google Play. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and it still blocks access. I also dumped various browser caches as well as stored data on the app itself.

Usually it's easier to find any apps you've installed on your phones or devices using your Google account by visiting Google Play and looking under "My Apps" on the menu. I usually do it that way but for some reason my ZTE zFive G doesn't display the library of installed apps, although my other phones do. It says "no activity" under previously installed apps. So I searched HoFo and it did come up. I think it's on the Tapatalk forums app list too but I don't have that one installed.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If the HOFO application does not work, the Tapatalk application is a free option for users.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    I was finally able to get into the forum using the HoFo app.

I checked out the TapaTalk app and forums on the web but being unable to find a list of all the available forums, decided no sense joining. Wouldn't let me create a user ID without signing in through Google or Facebook, I don't use FB.

Glad I could get in through the HoFo app. The only forums I follow are Turk Forum and a few others related to cell phones. I don't know much about cellphones but learn a lot here.

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    To clarify, the HowardForums "gold" membership is a legacy term for our current Premium Membership. Info on that here: https://www.howardforums.com/payments.php

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frail View Post
    To clarify, the HowardForums "gold" membership is a legacy term for our current Premium Membership. Info on that here: https://www.howardforums.com/payments.php
    Why are people getting messages referencing "Gold" if it's discontinued?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Why are people getting messages referencing "Gold" if it's discontinued?
    Like Frail mentioned, it is a legacy feature that gives members extra privileges that normally have to be paid for. It is an incentive for members to post new content that receives a lot of hits and/or considered as thought provoking for the community at large by the moderator group.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frail View Post
    I couldn't access the link, it took me to a page that says not accessible by mobile. I tried using Chrome and then the HoFo app. The HoFo app wouldn't load the page at all.

It's my guess Premium is only for those who use computers. I use my cellphones to access the forums.

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using HoFo mobile app

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast