Thread: AT&T Samsung Galaxy s9 March 2020 update broke damn near everything

Device(s)
    Cingular/AT&T 8525
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, formerly Cingular
    Feedback Score

AT&T Samsung Galaxy s9 March 2020 update broke damn near everything

Galaxy S9, new AT&T update broke it today...
    Update finally forced itself onto my phone, a new (December) S9, and it seems to have broken the built-in screencap app and the built-in gallery app.

Screencap will take the image, but won't alow scroll down or crop, then makes the snap sound and hangs on the image, forcing using the back button to get rid of it.

Then one cannot find the captured images.

Open the gallery app, the screencap folder is gone, and scrolling thru the items listed crashes the app, it just closes. Once I find the screencap folder, attempting to enter it crashes the app again

Using a file explorer (the built-in one and ASTRO file manager) one can find the screen cap folder, under DCIM, but the previews aren't there, just a folder image; and, the Samsung file explorer crashes upon entering the folder or trying to view an image.

Has anyone else had these issues or others related to the latest update

Also: cut and paste of text fails, cannot pull up the clipboard to paste text.

And: It seems to be related to OneUI 2.0, because it seems everything has changed, and not for the better.

And and: tried clearing system cache and Gallery cache, no love there. Galley still shows nothing in the various folders, and crashes every time I try to enter the folders.

I'll update this with any other weirdness I find.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Do you people even bother to check where you post or you simply click on Samsung as soon as you see the word? This is a forum for non-smartphone / feature phones!

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Device(s)
    Cingular/AT&T 8525
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, formerly Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    Do you people even bother to check where you post or you simply click on Samsung as soon as you see the word? This is a forum for non-smartphone / feature phones!

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    Apparently not. I thought I had the right forum, had to dig just to find this.

Mods, please feel free to move this to the appropriate forum. Thank you.