Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Visible 2-week review

Device(s)
    Google Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score

Smile Visible 2-week review

I switched from Straight Talk to Visible about 2 weeks ago. Activation was a breeze, but I did have to reboot my Pixel 3 a couple of times and reset my APN settings to get voice calls to work. But ever since day one, its been great, I've streamed about 50 GB so far, trying to get to 100 GB but we'll see. At work I get 100mb down 25 mb up, and at home its 20mb down and 10 mb up. It works for what I use my phone for and not too much buffering. $25 is way better than $60 I was paying for a single line. Support has been great in answering all my questions and concerns so far.

Looking forward to that $100 prepaid mastercard in a few weeks
    Last edited by naypalm[]maker; 03-04-2020 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Forgot to add carrier to title

Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible Mobile $25
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by naypalm[]maker View Post
    I switched from Straight Talk to Visible about 2 weeks ago. Activation was a breeze, but I did have to reboot my Pixel 3 a couple of times and reset my APN settings to get voice calls to work. But ever since day one, its been great, I've streamed about 50 GB so far, trying to get to 100 GB but we'll see. At work I get 100mb down 25 mb up, and at home its 20mb down and 10 mb up. It works for what I use my phone for and not too much buffering. $25 is way better than $60 I was paying for a single line. Support has been great in answering all my questions and concerns so far.

Looking forward to that $100 prepaid mastercard in a few weeks
    You will get $100 gift card in email, best place to spend is reloading your Amazon gift card. Real money.
    I m in my 3rd month going 4th month with Visible, i think it is the best right now, $25 for everything, hotspot is included at conveniency, ended up using a lot.
    Thanks for sharing, likewise great Visible experience.

Feedback Score
    I bit on the free Moto E6 offer and have tried Visible for 1 month. Speeds vary wildly, often good in uncongested towers, but as soon as there's any congestion, data becomes unusable.

This was my experience with Verizon Prepaid previously as well. The service is not good enough as a primary line for me but interesting to try.

EDIT: up to now, phone calls with Visible have been decent. Just experienced an issue with phone calls on Visible.

Was dialing into work for a remote meeting, and the audio was extremely choppy / jittery. I dialed back in twice, and the audio was the same, very choppy as it happens with VOIP applications.

So I reverted to my ATT prepaid phone and dialed in, and voila - audio sounds perfect with no noise.

Kind of concerned that Visible's audio could be so choppy and bad.
    Last edited by sprintleaver; 03-16-2020 at 02:00 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr999 View Post
    , hotspot is included at conveniency, ended up using a lot.
    What does this mean? They are GIVING you a hot spot along with the phone?
    Get the best in Fitness Training with Fitness Professionals!
    www.TopFitnessStrategies.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotex21 View Post
    I'm not sure what the "at conveniency" part means.

But regarding Visible hotspot, it's an included feature with the $25/mo (w/ Party Pay) price.

Visible hotspot isn't a separate device, but it's an officially supported feature enabled to be used with a phone's built in hotspot feature.

Many MVNOs don't include hotspot as an officially supported feature

Visible's hotspot is officially limited to 5Mbps speed, and connection to 1 device at a time. However, there have been reports that the 1 device at a time limitation may not be enforced, but consider that possibility YMMV.

Feedback Score
    sprintleaver, have you experienced the "audio was extremely choppy / jittery" issue again since you reported it above?

Feedback Score
    I've been reading and watching (youtube) where people are saying Visible has done away with the 5mbs thing. They "claim" it's unthrottled.

I've read several places that the hot spot thing is only with the $25/month party plan. Does that mean, if I'm by myself and get only one line at $40/month, it does NOT include the hot spot?

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Hotspot is included on both party & individual plans. There is no difference other than price. .

Feedback Score
    I've been reading and watching (youtube) where people are saying Visible has done away with the 5mbs thing. They "claim" it's unthrottled.

I've read several places that the hot spot thing is only with the $25/month party plan. Does that mean, if I'm by myself and get only one line at $40/month, it does NOT include the hot spot?
    That's very possible. But probably YMMV, just like the report I saw about Visible not enforcing the 1 device at a time hotspot limitation.

There's no reason that I can think of that you wouldn't want to get in a Party Pay group. It will save you up to $15/mo, or $180/year.

As Digital Rules said, there is only 1 plan. The only difference is price, based on Party Pay.

Feedback Score
    If I find others that want to be part of a party plan, I would definitely do it! The key is finding the people.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    If I find others that want to be part of a party plan, I would definitely do it! The key is finding the people.
    It sounds like you can find others very quickly. Both here and on Reddit.

Feedback Score
    Great! I didn't know that!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    sprintleaver, have you experienced the "audio was extremely choppy / jittery" issue again since you reported it above?
    Yes I have, so much that I stopped using it.

I switched to the the free Mint 90 day service and audio is flawless so far.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    Yes I have, so much that I stopped using it.

I switched to the the free Mint 90 day service and audio is flawless so far.
    Wow. That's too bad! I guess this was using the free Moto E6 you got from Visible?

So far, my son hasn't experienced this using his old iPhone 8 that he put on Visible just over a week ago, but if he does, I'll know he's not the only one with the issue.

Thanks for the feedback.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible Mobile $25
    Feedback Score
    just toggle the hotspot on on your phone and have your devices connected to it. I mean it is so convenient especially Apple ecosystem, instantly. With Apple and Android you have to input password into Android devices to hotspot. In all it works great, i streamed youtube, both tv and app on 55” tv for hours, hotspot laptop or ipad on trips, all work nicely.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast