Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: FreeUp grandfathered free plan being reduced

Feedback Score

FreeUp grandfathered free plan being reduced

Thank you for being part of the FreeUp Mobile family. Your assistance as we beta tested free plan offerings has been very helpful.

We are making some changes to our free plan effective April 1. When your plan renews during the April 2020 billing cycle, your line will be automatically migrated to the new free plan offering which provides 250 minutes of talk and 250 text messages per month. As normal, you will need to reconfirm your subscription each month to continue with the free service plan.

Should you need more talk and text or wish to add cell data to your plan, we invite you to choose one of our always low-cost plans with blazing fast 4GLTE starting as little $15/month. All paid FreeUp Plans include unlimited global talk and text and include features such as Caller ID, Call waiting, 3 way calling and voice mail.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Haven't gotten this email yet. When did you get it? I suppose 250 min/250 text isn't bad either for free. Page plus used to charge $13 a month for this.

I'm lucky to use 10 min on the flip a month, so 250 min is plenty.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    Thank you for being part of the FreeUp Mobile family. Your assistance as we beta tested free plan offerings has been very helpful.

We are making some changes to our free plan effective April 1. When your plan renews during the April 2020 billing cycle, your line will be automatically migrated to the new free plan offering which provides 250 minutes of talk and 250 text messages per month. As normal, you will need to reconfirm your subscription each month to continue with the free service plan.

Should you need more talk and text or wish to add cell data to your plan, we invite you to choose one of our always low-cost plans with blazing fast 4GLTE starting as little $15/month. All paid FreeUp Plans include unlimited global talk and text and include features such as Caller ID, Call waiting, 3 way calling and voice mail.
    Thanks for the heads up I'll keep an eye out for it. Both my 1000 min plans are backup lines anyway, 250 min would still be fine. I don't think I used more than 50 mins total since creating the plans.

Feedback Score
    I haven’t received this email yet. 250 min txts is still good. I don’t think I even use 100 mins per month.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post

Did you have the older plan with some data on it or the Talk&Text 1000? No email about my 1000 changing yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    Haven't gotten this email yet. When did you get it? I suppose 250 min/250 text isn't bad either for free. Page plus used to charge $13 a month for this.

I'm lucky to use 10 min on the flip a month, so 250 min is plenty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Did you have the older plan with some data on it or the Talk&Text 1000? No email about my 1000 changing yet.
    Just got the email when I posted. I had the original 500or500/100MB plan

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    One of the posters on SD indicated this change presently applies to those with data on the account. My plan has no data. It's due to renew in about a week. When I logged in this morning for the monthly click, it showed 1K min for the upcoming period. We'll see what happens in a month.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    After carefully reading the email, it seems like the 500 talk OR text + 100MB plan is going to 250 talk PLUS 250 text and NO data. Bummer that it appears that we're losing the data...

Device(s)
    Pixel4XL, s10+, Axon 10P, Titan, Atom, MoFi, etc
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, Google Fi, Xfinity Mobile, TMO, RP/vzw/att/tmo, Tello, Tru, eKit
    Feedback Score
    Yes, got the email too.

I really only care about the data, even at 100 measly MB, it *was* better than 0. It's still useful in a dual SIM device as the voice section (no VoLTE tho). Decent pairing with a Fi data only SIM.

FreeUp does seem to be on the way out one cut at a time. As a paid provider it's nothing special. On-line account management seems to be getting worse too. Account into not populating at all most of the time recently.
    --
    CellGuru

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmarkson View Post
    Yes, got the email too.

I really only care about the data, even at 100 measly MB, it *was* better than 0. It's still useful in a dual SIM device as the voice section (no VoLTE tho). Decent pairing with a Fi data only SIM.

FreeUp does seem to be on the way out one cut at a time. As a paid provider it's nothing special. On-line account management seems to be getting worse too. Account into not populating at all most of the time recently.
    Freeup has been bought by Ztar mobile,more info at bestmvno.com. That’s the cause of the grandfathered free plans being migrated to 250 talk and 250 text. Those of you who did not get an email of this you will pretty soon. No this is not a April fools joke.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Right now the 100MB limit is not being enforced. Probably related to the website issues.
    Last edited by dmarkson; 03-01-2020 at 12:14 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmarkson View Post
    Right now the 100MB limit is not being enforced. Probably related to the website issues.

I wonder if this is only for grandfathered free plans or will they open it up again for new customers?

Feedback Score
    Limited to grandfathered plans, according to New owners Ztar mobile. If the free plans don’t get renewed monthly the plan is canceled

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Interesting tidbit now that the website is working this morning.

I blew past my 100MB of data, and now it is deducting from my balance (that I earned with coupons last year). Have not figured out the rate yet.

Edit: Appears to be deducting $0.05 / MB.
    Last edited by dmarkson; 03-01-2020 at 12:14 PM.

Device(s)
    Moto Z4, ZTE Z232, SkyRoam, Isatphone 2.1, Karma Go
    Carrier(s)
    Vz/Visible,Sprint,Piranha,SkyRoam,InMarSat
    Feedback Score
    Ztar enables the 7 eleven brand speakout, good2go mobile and Petro Mobile in Canada...all running on Rogers. US is good2go and now freeup running on at&t. My impression is freeup is sort of blah other than it's grandfathered free plans. The $45 unlimited plan is being beat out by other offers that don't have a 15 gb throttle, and their cheaper plans are a bit light on data.

The US good2go plans have some decent deals on light usage phone plans. Wonder if ztar plans to merge the two companies or mirror the available plans? Won't be the first time that ztar sunsets a brand if that happens... speakout used to be both USA and Canada and is now only Canada

Sent from my moto z4 using HoFo mobile app

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast