Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Best 5g

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    627
    Feedback Score
    0

    Best 5g

    Looks like a combined srint tmobile will have the best frequencies for 5g. I am sure would be easier to use 600 mhz 2600 mhz for 5g network less towers more coverage and wide band. Att verixon have to deploy microwave band 5g. I hope the cost of merger will not drain funds away from 5g build.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,589
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tritron7 View Post
    Looks like a combined srint tmobile will have the best frequencies for 5g. I am sure would be easier to use 600 mhz 2600 mhz for 5g network less towers more coverage and wide band. Att verixon have to deploy microwave band 5g. I hope the cost of merger will not drain funds away from 5g build.
    The best 5G is what there will be a few years from now. All of the current deployments are at a very early stage of coverage and capability, with nothing particularity compelling to use them now.

    I expect that all of the Big-3 will have 5G worth considering after more spectrum is deployed.

    Lots of marketing hype in the mean time.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    833
    Feedback Score
    0
    This whole 5G thing is just another way for the CEO’s of the big three to have a pissing contest, nothing more. Remember when AT&T did the 5Ge icon? Then Verizon with their 5G in select areas, and now T-Mobile with their “nationwide 5G”. If a customer doesn’t buy into the marketing malarkey and watches from the sidelines, it might actually be entertaining to watch.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,762
    Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    There is a lot of advantages with 5G over 4GLTE. Stand-Alone 5G with similar bandwidth will be 20% or faster than 4GLTE. That means more bandwidth for customers and less congestion service with the same spectrum they are using. Also, 5G better bandwidth and efficiency will allow your networks to provide fixed or mobile Wireless Internet Service. Also, reduced latency time with 5G will allow future applications that require almost real time support. I wonder if anyone of these people that are downplaying 5G, are still using dial up modems over their home phone line instead of fast broadband internet at home. We have just stared 5G and people are pretending 5G is just marketing banter before 99.9% of the people get their first 5G device. 5G is the future not 4GLTE and their will be new technology even after 5G is common place.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,074
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tritron7 View Post
    Att verixon have to deploy microwave band 5g. I hope the cost of merger will not drain funds away from 5g build.
    sigh

    You do realize At&t has been deploying lowband 5G since December. It's in something like 58 markets. Verizon is going to deploy low/mid band 5G later this year. These are well known common knowledge facts. I'm not sure if some people here are being obtuse on purpose or are actually obtuse

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    833
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    There is a lot of advantages with 5G over 4GLTE. Stand-Alone 5G with similar bandwidth will be 20% or faster than 4GLTE. That means more bandwidth for customers and less congestion service with the same spectrum they are using. Also, 5G better bandwidth and efficiency will allow your networks to provide fixed or mobile Wireless Internet Service. Also, reduced latency time with 5G will allow future applications that require almost real time support. I wonder if anyone of these people that are downplaying 5G, are still using dial up modems over their home phone line instead of fast broadband internet at home. We have just stared 5G and people are pretending 5G is just marketing banter before 99.9% of the people get their first 5G device. 5G is the future not 4GLTE and their will be new technology even after 5G is common place.
    Don’t get me wrong I’m just pointing out the ludicrous nature of how competitive these providers have become and the lengths they’d go to undercut each other.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,762
    Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    sigh

    You do realize At&t has been deploying lowband 5G since December. It's in something like 58 markets. Verizon is going to deploy low/mid band 5G later this year. These are well known common knowledge facts. I'm not sure if some people here are being obtuse on purpose or are actually obtuse
    I guess you don’t understand this is a T-Mobile board. People come here to talk about T-Mobile. If you expect people to be talking about what AT&T or Verizon does we would be on their boards. Personally the only news I would care about involving AT&T is if they are going out of business. Whoopee AT&T has 58 markets and some day Verizon will get around to deploying low band 5G. However T-Mobile has almost nationwide 5G now and in a few months will be increasing the bandwidth with their new 2.5 GHz spectrum to make it robust deep bandwidth and increases performance.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    542
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    I guess you don’t understand this is a T-Mobile board. People come here to talk about T-Mobile. If you expect people to be talking about what AT&T or Verizon does we would be on their boards. Personally the only news I would care about involving AT&T is if they are going out of business. Whoopee AT&T has 58 markets and some day Verizon will get around to deploying low band 5G. However T-Mobile has almost nationwide 5G now and in a few months will be increasing the bandwidth with their new 2.5 GHz spectrum to make it robust deep bandwidth and increases performance.
    No you wouldn't, you'd talk about them here. You talk more about at&t and Verizon than anyone else. You sure you aren't paid by them to bring up their name, in every single post you make. Here's a challenge, make a single post without mentioning Verizon and at&t.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,762
    Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    Don’t get me wrong I’m just pointing out the ludicrous nature of how competitive these providers have become and the lengths they’d go to undercut each other.
    I get it. Other than video streaming there is no application for a mobile phone that needs 5G. Yet 5G is the new thing and it is being hyped by all business. For me my dream of having 5G is only for Wireless Internet service so I can fire Comcast/Xfinity. I pay more money for Xfinity Broadband that is slower than what my T-Mobile network. However the data caps on T-Mobile would stop me from being a Xfinity cable cutter and stream video to my 4K HDTV. Still I dream of the day I can fire Comcast and 5G is what my dream is hoping for to make that come true.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,762
    Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    No you wouldn't, you'd talk about them here. You talk more about at&t and Verizon than anyone else. You sure you aren't paid by them to bring up their name, in every single post you make. Here's a challenge, make a single post without mentioning Verizon and at&t.
    I am done with you. You are always insulting me and calling me Jet1000 little buddy he has to protect. Leave me alone we have nothing to talk about.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    542
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    I am done with you. You are always insulting me and calling me Jet1000 little buddy he has to protect. Leave me alone we have nothing to talk about.
    You guys literally answer each other's questions. What would give anyone that impression.....

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    19,045
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Children, play nice or I can guarantee a thread closure, post deletions, and possible post vacations.

    If you want to make personal comments, unrelated to the thread, do it in a private message. No need for personal attacks/insults in the open forum.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,074
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    I guess you don’t understand this is a T-Mobile board. People come here to talk about T-Mobile. If you expect people to be talking about what AT&T or Verizon does we would be on their boards. .
    You don't get the person I was responding to implied that at&t and Verizon has mmwave spectrum ONLY. Here I will quote to what I responded too

    "Att verixon have to deploy microwave band 5g."

    I have every right to correct this person on the facts. And they were in fact "talking about what AT&T or Verizon does"
    Last edited by veriztd; 02-25-2020 at 05:34 PM. Reason: off-topic comment removed

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    993
    Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Red Pocket (VZ)
    Feedback Score
    0
    AT&T's decision to call their 4G LTE "5Ge" is completely indefensible. However, AT&T's completely fake 5G is significantly faster in 99% of the area it covers than anyone else's real 5G (including their own). 5G is not ready for prime time yet.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,762
    Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    AT&T's decision to call their 4G LTE "5Ge" is completely indefensible. However, AT&T's completely fake 5G is significantly faster in 99% of the area it covers than anyone else's real 5G (including their own). 5G is not ready for prime time yet.
    According to the 2H2019 Rootmetrics report AT&T was #1 in Speed with just 33.1 Mbps on average that was tested. So if what you say is true then AT&T must not have a lot of that fake 5Ge In the USA. That is slower than everyone 5G in the OpenSignal test on all 4 networks below. Note AT&T has not at this point of the test allowed anyone other that their corporate contracts to use their 5G mmWave networks. But their 5G low band was tested. Since Sprint 5G was tested at 183 Mbps that spectrum will be added to T-Mobile 5G soon that has over 200 million pops today.

    In these tests, average 5G download speeds from Verizon were 15 times faster than the slowest 5G offering

    Opensignal recorded the fastest average 5G download speed of 722.9 Mbps on Verizon’s 5G mmWave network, followed by T-Mobile’s mmWave with 243.1 Mbps, and Sprint at 183.0 Mbps on its 2.5 GHz 5G network in known locations where 5G was present. AT&T and T-Mobile’s low-band 5G networks clocked average download speeds of 59.3 Mbps and 47.5 Mbps respectively, confirming that the type of 5G service and the spectrum used for 5G has a major impact on the speeds a user will see.


    https://www.opensignal.com/2020/02/2...ly-5g-approach

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Best Camera Phone for live blogging - US 3.5G required
    By camoruin in forum Phone Battle and Comparison
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-05-2008, 10:37 AM
  2. The Best Cellular Plan You Know!
    By Mugen in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 11-10-2002, 09:04 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-15-2001, 01:22 AM
  4. What's the best North American Nokia Phone?
    By howardchui in forum Nokia
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-10-2001, 09:23 PM
  5. Sick of Fido, looking for best service provider in Vancouver
    By Vancityphreak in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2001, 02:03 PM

Bookmarks