Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How will verizon att respond to new tmobile

Feedback Score

How will verizon att respond to new tmobile

What marketing promotions will verizon, att deploy to grab customers from t-mobile ? Looks like promoting its elite plan with unlimited data first 100gb un optimized and access to 5g and 30 gb of hotspot, my att account shows price of $70 a month for 4 lines.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    If the past is any guide, nothing?
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Probably meaningless flashy commercials and advertisements about their services and how much better and faster and shinier their 5G is over the other guys, and how much happier their customers are, but nothing tangible like price reductions on current plans or free bumps on tiered data plans.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Most likely both AT&T and Verizon will make more TV commercial on how their customers can connect to their mmWave 5G at least 6 percent of the time they are walking next to their networks 5G mmWave transmitters. As OpenSignal has tested.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    They will probably introduce discounts for those who qualify with employers again.

Verizon always seems to follow ATT and vice versa with moves. Now that FAN is available for the elite plan on ATT, expect Verizon to respond.

As far as New TMO, there probably won’t be any response until they actually merge and they can assess the threat level to their businesses.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Most likely both AT&T and Verizon will make more TV commercial on how their customers can connect to their mmWave 5G at least 6 percent of the time they are walking next to their networks 5G mmWave transmitters. As OpenSignal has tested.
    Didn't you just tell me in another thread " If you expect people to be talking about what AT&T or Verizon does we would be on their boards"

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Red Pocket (VZ)
    Feedback Score
    The 5G advertising is idiotic. No one really cares about 5G. AT&T and Verizon have no reason to respond to T-Mobile unless T-Mobile improves their network to the point where it is competitive in the future, and that's not going to happen for the better part of a decade. AT&T is building coverage out like crazy for FirstNet, and they already have a really solid network in most markets, and Verizon is building small cells like crazy, so catching up is going to be a long road if they ever do.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    In the past, T-Mo and Sprint have really been the lower cost two carriers. AT&T and VZW really have tried as much as possible to studiously ignore them; they do not wish to lower their prices to Sprint-like rates if they really don't have to.

I think in future, they will continue to try to do this, pretend T-Mo and Dish don't exist as long as possible. This is going to be increasingly awkward though; in years past, T-Mo was known for strong urban data speeds, but infamous for having spotty coverage (not that they did a bad job; but AT&T and VZW would typically both have low band -- historically, 850 -- while T-Mo didn't.). All too often, customers would leave AT&T/VZW, try T-Mo, enjoy the nice speeds but not the coverage going out in buildings etc., they'd switch back. Now? T-Mo also has 600/700Mhz low band rolled out the last several years, the spotty coverage is no longer spotty. This alone should worry AT&T and VZW; getting all that Sprint spectrum will give them a potentially large speed advantage pretty soon, this should really worry them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    QFT.

10char.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.38 otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 07.08.20

Device(s)
    LG G5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Nothing. Verizon and AT&T are happy that the price gap for postpaid between all three will eventually narrow down.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    The 5G advertising is idiotic. No one really cares about 5G. AT&T and Verizon have no reason to respond to T-Mobile unless T-Mobile improves their network to the point where it is competitive in the future, and that's not going to happen for the better part of a decade. AT&T is building coverage out like crazy for FirstNet, and they already have a really solid network in most markets, and Verizon is building small cells like crazy, so catching up is going to be a long road if they ever do.
    So if you are right that no one cares about 5G, then why is Verizon claiming “Verizon is 5G Done Right “ on all their TV Advertising? I really hope you are right that AT&T doesn’t care about 5G when they become the #3 network in customers and have to raise their remaining customers prices on service. People that are buying all these 5G Flagship phones are going to want a network that has 5G coverage where they live, work and play to justify paying extra for a 5G phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    T-Mo also has 600/700Mhz low band rolled out the last several years, the spotty coverage is no longer spotty. This alone should worry AT&T and VZW; getting all that Sprint spectrum will give them a potentially large speed advantage pretty soon, this should really worry them.
    Oh, they're definitely worried. I suspect they were behind the lawsuit by the state attorney generals. It was their last ditch effort to prevent their worst nightmare. The duopoly has been on easy street for too long and now a third competitor with more resources and is ready to go after their marketshare.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Oh, they're definitely worried. I suspect they were behind the lawsuit by the state attorney generals. It was their last ditch effort to prevent their worst nightmare. The duopoly has been on easy street for too long and now a third competitor with more resources and is ready to go after their marketshare.
    On March 13th Phase 8 will close for TV stations to leave their 600 MHz spectrum. Phase 9 of the a Repack ends May 1st and the final Phase 10 ends on July 3rd. By July I expect The New T-Mobile to have a lot of Sprint’s unused 2.5 GHz deployed for speed. The Ericsson 5G equipments is ready for DSS but the Nokia tower radio is behind schedule on DSS. Been told T-Mobile has Ericsson the East and West coast areas.

Good video on T-Mobile DSS that I got this info from

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I agree.
    It would be easier to grab those that are on Sprint. Sprint typically has allowed roaming on other carriers such as VZW - even if slow/limited. Going to T-Mobile, roaming is much more limited, and service in many places will now be Emergency SOS only vs. txt/calls.
    Eg. Areas like Cambria, CA which is literally ALL Extended 4G LTE, some non LTE and a few spots of No-Service ... Go to T-Mobile, and its a small patch of native 4G LTE, and a LOT of No-Service.
    T-Mobile will keep its urban market... Verizon and to a lesser extent AT&T own most rural areas. If Verizon wants customers - it just needs to keep the status quo and make the point that it just works and is reliable... while carriers like T-Mobile 'claim' to cover rural areas... but their definition of 'cover' doesn't mean you will have service where you need it.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Red Pocket (VZ)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    So if you are right that no one cares about 5G, then why is Verizon claiming “Verizon is 5G Done Right “ on all their TV Advertising? I really hope you are right that AT&T doesn’t care about 5G when they become the #3 network in customers and have to raise their remaining customers prices on service. People that are buying all these 5G Flagship phones are going to want a network that has 5G coverage where they live, work and play to justify paying extra for a 5G phone.
    They're trying to hype up 5G and pander to people who mostly don't even know what 5G is. The whole 5G marketing is idiotic, it's not going to transform anything, or enable anything that we can't already do on 4G it will come in over time as it will allow carriers to move data traffic more efficiently and at lower cost.

AT&T's network is arguably #1 right now, with great speeds, rapidly expanding coverage through FirstNET, and solid service in most places. I didn't say AT&T doesn't care about 5G, I said no one cares about 5G. It's a bunch of overhyped tech that average people don't care about. AT&T suffers from an image problem due to people making jokes about AT&T's poor coverage that are based on AT&T's abysmal performance in NYC between 2007 and 2012ish when they started to turn things around there with LTE. The reality is that most of the US is not NYC, it just has an outsize impact due to all the media there.

The reality is that AT&T is the fastest LTE network out there, and that AT&T is on track to have more coverage than Verizon (who has more now is debatable) within the next couple of years, while T-Mobile is far behind.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast