Thread: @TARGET.COM - Tracfone 30-Day Unlimited Talk/Text with Carryover Data 3GB - $30

Feedback Score

@TARGET.COM - Tracfone 30-Day Unlimited Talk/Text with Carryover Data 3GB - $30

What's the deal with this new card?

https://www.target.com/p/tracfone-30...y/-/A-79232359

My current Tracfone buckets
    DATA: .776GB
    TEXT: 38884
    MINUTES: 13327
    EXPIRES: 2036

Is this new card usable with my existing phone or does it supersede it?

I'm tired of $10/GB data generally but this looks like a move in the right direction.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    It is one of 3 new plans available from Tracfone... https://www.tracfone.com/shop/plans
    Here is a thread on this airtime... https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...nlimited+plans

You`re current airtime balance goes into hibernation during the time the unlimited plans are in effect.

Feedback Score
    With all of those Minutes and Texts, why even bother with unlimited? Using promo codes can get you cheaper data than $10 a gb.
    Target has their Buy 1, get 10% off another deal. So, get 2 for $19. Then use a promo code from Turkforums or Tracfone Reviewer (14223 is one promo code) for 500 mb extra for each gb. So you can get 3 gb for $19. So that is $6.33 per gb if my calculations are correct.
    And now that I look, I'm down to my last gb. The Target deal ends today.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    With all of those Minutes and Texts, why even bother with unlimited? Using promo codes can get you cheaper data than $10 a gb.
    Target has their Buy 1, get 10% off another deal. So, get 2 for $19. Then use a promo code from Turkforums or Tracfone Reviewer (14223 is one promo code) for 500 mb extra for each gb. So you can get 3 gb for $19. So that is $6.33 per gb if my calculations are correct.
    And now that I look, I'm down to my last gb. The Target deal ends today.
    Are those promo codes reusable? If yes then you have a point. If no then it goes back to my growing frustration with Tracfone Data and just wanting a short term bridge til I move back in line with something more reasonable. It's been a reasonably priced 10yrs with Tracfone after 10+ with Verizon at $110/month but $10/GB data is becoming a drag and so is all the hoops to get it cheap on occasion. I don't believe the majors will ever allow Tracfone to sell cheap or even competitive data.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by huntingn View Post
    Are those promo codes reusable? If yes then you have a point. If no then it goes back to my growing frustration with Tracfone Data and just wanting a short term bridge til I move back in line with something more reasonable.
    Promo codes are supposed to be one time use per account, but many have used them over. There are usually enough codes to last a while. Not sure if you can use a code for more than one card in a single transaction.

What does "a short term bridge til I move back in line with something more reasonable" mean?

Device(s)
    Unlocked Tracfone iPhone SE & iPhone 6S, Tracfone Samsung Luna Pro, Tracfone LG Rebel 4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You may be able to get data cheaper than that. If you add something to your cart on the tracfone website, and then check out and look at "more for your device" in the cart, you may see other options, including an option to get 1GB of data for $8. I'm seeing that now. You can increase that to 1.5GB for $8 with the coupon code. So you could get 3GB of data for $16 which comes to a rate of $5.33 per GB if I did my math right.

If I recall correctly, I used to buy them one at a time to make sure the coupon code would work each time.

I'm not sure if only Tracfone branded phones get this (i think i recall that was the case for the $49 year card but don't know if changed) and I haven't bought data in a while as I have a ton so I'm not sure how it is behaving w regards to coupon codes.

But I've bought a lot of data like this in the past with this $5.33 rate.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  18.2 KB

Name:  Capture2.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  29.6 KB

Note: this $8 1GB rate is not always available if I recall correctly. Sometimes they have a $7 for 500 MB option which is the sucky version.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lappers View Post
    You may be able to get data cheaper than that. If you add something to your cart on the tracfone website, and then check out and look at "more for your device" in the cart, you may see other options, including an option to get 1GB of data for $8. I'm seeing that now. You can increase that to 1.5GB for $8 with the coupon code. So you could get 3GB of data for $16 which comes to a rate of $5.33 per GB if I did my math right.

If I recall correctly, I used to buy them one at a time to make sure the coupon code would work each time.

I'm not sure if only Tracfone branded phones get this (i think i recall that was the case for the $49 year card but don't know if changed) and I haven't bought data in a while as I have a ton so I'm not sure how it is behaving w regards to coupon codes.

But I've bought a lot of data like this in the past with this $5.33 rate.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  18.2 KB

Name:  Capture2.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  29.6 KB

Note: this $8 1GB rate is not always available if I recall correctly. Sometimes they have a $7 for 500 MB option which is the sucky version.
    I don't have that option with my BYOP.

Feedback Score
    I don't have that option with my BYOP.
    I've done this before. I got the $8 1GB to show just moments ago by adding the $10 1GB add on to my cart and then adding the the $8 1GB add-on that shows in the cart and deleting the $10 1GB option.

Feedback Score
    I always buy the 1 gig of data and use the 500 mb promo code. 100% of the time it works, over and over again.
    I'll top off a phone by doing, like, three individual transactions, each getting 1.5 gigs for $10. So I end up with 4.5 gigs for $30, can't get it any cheaper than that. Yeah, I also have oodles of voice & text; never run out of them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by huntingn View Post
    I've done this before. I got the $8 1GB to show just moments ago by adding the $10 1GB add on to my cart and then adding the the $8 1GB add-on that shows in the cart and deleting the $10 1GB option.
    If you have a BYOP, then good for you that it works. Ever since I went with an unlocked phone, the only option I have is for ILD for $10.

Feedback Score
    If you have a BYOP, then good for you that it works. Ever since I went with an unlocked phone, the only option I have is for ILD for $10.
    OP did not state what kind of phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635, Moto G 2nd
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone x3, PPCx2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX3, H20, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Promo codes are supposed to be one time use per account, but many have used them over. There are usually enough codes to last a while. Not sure if you can use a code for more than one card in a single transaction.
    No. the promocode is accepted but it will only be applied to one card.

If you add two 1MB/$10 cards to the shopping cart and apply a promocode that gives 500MB extra, you get only ~2.5GB, not ~3GB. It happened to me.

And yes, those promocodes for the data add-on can be used more than one time per number, but there is a small limit of uses. When reached you get an error saying "promocode invalid for this number" or something like that.