Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Verizon, T-Mobile bicker over C-band auction rules

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Mississippi may not be a "hotbed of communism" but we are pretty big on frivolous law suits and jackpot justice, and had a litigious AG who was running for governor.
    I guess frivolous would depend entirely on how a person felt about the case. The fact alone that they can sue based entirely on them thinking some right has been violated, seems to kill the "communist" claim.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    Nothing about this merger is for competition for him. It’s about “my team is better than your team”...

Let whatever company pick up what they want. T-Mobile will have 160-200 MHz of BRS spectrum to play with nationally. That’s half to over half of what’s being auctioned in C band.
    C-band is auctioning off 280 MHz. 200 is 71% of 280. So T-Mobile gets 200 MHz Verizon and at&t should only get 200 MHz combined? Even if Verizon and at&t split C-band that's only 140 MHz compared to 200 MHz for T-Mobile. Sorry but now that the merger is going forth they can no longer play little guy victim anymore that needs the government to come in and stop big bad Verizon and at&t.

BTA-44: MTA-29: MSA-41: PEA-40: CMA-41: BEA-78: MEA-24
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10+ (unlocked), Galaxy S8, LG K7, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    How about they just divide the spectrum up evenly for every carrier in the US (national and regional)?

I think they should let the market decide. Doesn't seem like the government has any interest in keeping things fair based on all the merger activity that's been happening in the past decade or two.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T Unlimited & More w/ 2 Lines
    AT&T TV w/ HBO

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    .......Sorry but now that the merger is going forth they can no longer play little guy victim anymore ........
    Amen. There's been a quantum shift. Get used to it. T-Mobile now has low, mid and high band spectrum plus mmWave. Not deprived any more.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Those hotbeds of communism such as Mississippi, Virginia and Wisconsin. Lmao. See kids, this is what happens when you let older relatives play on facebook, he joins one of those groups with some eagle logo and freedom in the title, and everybody becomes a communist to him. The irony is....most of those groups are ran by foreign entities........
    See kids, this is what happens when you let the public schools educate your children.

You'd be shocked how young I am, I just didnt receive a proper indoctrination from government training facilities.

Oh, and I've never logged into Facebook in my life, in fact, its blocked at my edge firewalls on any network I control. And yes, have you ever been to Madison, Wisconsin? You might as well be in Pyongyang some days. They hate private business and wealth as much as anyone in San Francisco.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    This post is nonsensical. Stop playing the victim. People who act like they are best buddies with whatever carrier they use deserve to be called out on it. As they say, if the shoe fits.

Great, glad you are happy with your current plan, but sitting here wishing that verizon and at&t raised prices is nonsensical, all it would lead to is higher prices across the board for all 3 carriers. Again, stop playing the victim thinking everyone is attacking you best friend.
    I would love see what T-Mobile would say if he said he would stop paying his bill? “Gee shilocane that’s ok, you always defend us on hofo. This one is on us”. Go pound sand comes to mind.
    Hartford, CT Area

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    See kids, this is what happens when you let the public schools educate your children.

You'd be shocked how young I am, I just didnt receive a proper indoctrination from government training facilities.

Oh, and I've never logged into Facebook in my life, in fact, its blocked at my edge firewalls on any network I control. And yes, have you ever been to Madison, Wisconsin? You might as well be in Pyongyang some days. They hate private business and wealth as much as anyone in San Francisco.

Right, youre "woke". Hahahaha

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRC72 View Post
    I would love see what T-Mobile would say if he said he would stop paying his bill? “Gee shilocane that’s ok, you always defend us on hofo. This one is on us”. Go pound sand comes to mind.
    I find it hilarious that some feel stating the obvious fact that tmobiles goal is to maximize their profits from their subscribers to increase their shareholder value is somehow "attacking" the company. Like the company doesn't like money. For some reason people need to paint this picture of tmobile is good, verizon and at&t are evil. Doesn't work that way, all 3 have the same intent. To make their shareholders as much money as possible by maximizing their profit margin from each and every one of their users.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    ...... To make their shareholders as much money as possible by maximizing their profit margin from each and every one of their users.
    And this is not bad. It's how a market economy works.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    And this is not bad. It's how a market economy works.
    It's not bad, nor an attack as some claim. It doesn't make them evil, nor does it make them saints. It makes them a publicly traded company.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    I'm for some caps in C-Band; remember, there isn't just VZW, T-Mo, and AT&T, and nothing else. In my area, US Cellular would probably want a crack at some C-Band; there are wireless ISPs around that may want some C-Band. Dish Network, who is after all now the 4th carrier, may want some. Without some caps, honestly, VZW, AT&T, or T-Mo (well probably not them with all that 2.5...) could simply decide to outbid the other two (and everyone else) just to keep them from having any juicy mid-band spectrum.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shortyd999 View Post
    How about they just divide the spectrum up evenly for every carrier in the US (national and regional)?
    That's not how auctions work. And in some areas the ONLY carriers are at&t and Verizon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post

So despite warning from the mods about not getting political you are getting political. Keep it up and see you when you back from your 2 week vacation

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I find it hilarious that some feel stating the obvious fact that tmobiles goal is to maximize their profits from their subscribers to increase their shareholder value is somehow "attacking" the company. Like the company doesn't like money. For some reason people need to paint this picture of tmobile is good, verizon and at&t are evil. Doesn't work that way, all 3 have the same intent. To make their shareholders as much money as possible by maximizing their profit margin from each and every one of their users.
    Wait. What? Are you saying T-Mobile doesn't provide us with service solely out of the love of connecting us all together?

I feel like Peanuts' Linus discovering his favorite teacher, Miss Othmar, gets paid for her service...

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    So despite warning from the mods about not getting political you are getting political. Keep it up and see you when you back from your 2 week vacation
    It's relevant to the discussion, considering what the topic of the thread is. It's literally a discussion about government regulation of private businesses, but somehow discussing the politics of it all is vwrboten? No wonder all the real discussion has moved elsewhere.

But I'm shaking in my boots now! Banned from a dying forum, whatever would I do with my life.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast