Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 141

Thread: Verizon, T-Mobile bicker over C-band auction rules

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    16,304
    Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    This was disputed excellently in the post above.......
    BTW, also based on T-Mobile's history, I believe that I will be able to keep my 2/$60 55+ plan for a very long time. They let me keep a bizarre old DigiPH PCS plan for something like 16 years before it was obsoleted and I was forced onto a Select Choice plan. I don't blame them for that change. I was probably the only customer still on that old plan. The plan I was put on as a replacement beat every plan publicly-available at the time. What I do believe is that new customers won't find the deep discount promo plans that were once the norm and that MVNOs won't find the wholesale market quite as cut-throat as it once was. A lot hinges on what DISH actually does. If they do (against all odds) build a functioning network, rather than pulling yet another finagle, we could actually end up with very strong price competition at the low-end of the market.
    Donald Newcomb

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    542
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    As Legere said:

    "If we broke faith by raising rates and cutting back benefits, we would lose our loyal customers and destroy the future of our brand. "

    You trying to claim they're only going to offer a higher priced $90 plan goes directly against Legere's statement above. You're making multiple posts that they're going to raise rates. Who's your source? You're throwing out names like Liz Mcauliffe while you make numerous posts that higher rates are in the works. Have you been having lunch meetings with incoming CEO, Mike Sievert, who's giving you the inside scoop? Do tell.

    Everyone has a choice. They can read the words of Legere himself:

    https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/1020416...02.01.2019.pdf

    Or they can take the word of hofonewb9 who yesterday claimed:

    "I can guarantee you I pay LESS than you do for TMobile service, I can guarantee you I've been a customer for LONGER than you have. I can guarantee you I know MORE about the company than you do, and have stronger ties TO the company than you do. "
    Where John is wrong is why would they lose loyal customers? They aren't taking away their plans. As far as potential customers, where else they gonna go? They'll pay the same price everywhere else. JL made no such promise to the FCC to offer cheaper plans as you try to claim. This is false information being spread by you for some weird reason.

    If you'd like to discuss my work history, I've told you numerous times to pm me, as you've been warned by the mods here numerous times that this isn't the forum for personal discussions. You have yet to. Maybe you're afraid? Who knows. Feel free to pm me though if you'd like to discuss it.

    As far as me paying less than your....I guess friend, as that comment was to somebody else but for some reason you felt the need to jump in, correct, I am positive I pay less than them. This doesn't mean I want prices to increase across the board. I realize that one day I may be unhappy and want to leave, I realize that one day maybe I will want to go somewhere else, why should I want price increases industry wide? That would be nonsensical. If I wanted that, it would almost be like I had a hidden agenda. You know what I mean? I mean I get that you are a lifer, as long as you get to keep your 3.99 a month data plan....and hey, more power to you. Hopefully you keep it forever. But, I'm not you.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    542
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    BTW, also based on T-Mobile's history, I believe that I will be able to keep my 2/$60 55+ plan for a very long time. They let me keep a bizarre old DigiPH PCS plan for something like 16 years before it was obsoleted and I was forced onto a Select Choice plan. I don't blame them for that change. I was probably the only customer still on that old plan. The plan I was put on as a replacement beat every plan publicly-available at the time. What I do believe is that new customers won't find the deep discount promo plans that were once the norm and that MVNOs won't find the wholesale market quite as cut-throat as it once was. A lot hinges on what DISH actually does. If they do (against all odds) build a functioning network, rather than pulling yet another finagle, we could actually end up with very strong price competition at the low-end of the market.
    I don't doubt they will honor all grandfathered plans, the only thing is they make these plans hard to keep over time. Any kind of promo you want to take advantage of, any type of deal, requires a new plan. Over time these get harder and harder to hold on to.

    I generally agree with this assessment. That's why the majority of people here jumping through hoops over the merger, are on grandfathered plans. Price raises won't affect them, at least initially.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,109
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    JL made no such promise to the FCC to offer cheaper plans as you try to claim. This is false information being spread by you for some weird reason.
    I didn't say he said they would offer "cheaper" plans. Though he leaves the door open to that possibility. I'll quote what he said again because of your incorrect allegation about what they'll offer:

    "New T-Mobile will make available the same or better rate plans for our services as those offered today by T-Mobile or Sprint."

    Same or better rate plans will be made available. Same or better than those offered today by T-Mobile or Sprint. Committed for 3 years of doing that. Not higher priced plans like you're trying to claim. Same or better rate plans. Available.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    542
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    I didn't say he said they would offer "cheaper" plans. Though he leaves the door open to that possibility. I'll quote what he said again because of your incorrect allegation about what they'll offer:

    "New T-Mobile will make available the same or better rate plans for our services as those offered today by T-Mobile or Sprint."

    Same or better rate plans will be made available. Same or better than those offered today by T-Mobile or Sprint. Committed for 3 years of doing that. Not higher priced plans like you're trying to claim. Same or better rate plans. Available.
    You are giving the word better your own definition. Where does he say the better plans will cost less? He doesn't. Who is the judge of "better"? He doesn't leave the door open or closed to any possibility. He says they will offer better plans, yet makes absolutely zero promise better means cheaper. You instead tried to insinuate that just to appear correct and argue about it on a forum discussion. J.L. really promised nothing in that statement to the FCC. He used a vague term, with no real meaning, where TMobile and TMobile alone determines their own definition of what it means. I bet JL feels their magenta plan is a better plan than your tzones plan, do you agree with that assessment?

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,109
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    You are giving the word better your own definition. Where does he say the better plans will cost less? He doesn't. Who is the judge of "better"? He doesn't leave the door open or closed to any possibility. He says they will offer better plans, yet makes absolutely zero promise better means cheaper. You instead tried to insinuate that just to appear correct and argue about it on a forum discussion. J.L. really promised nothing in that statement to the FCC. He used a vague term, with no real meaning, where TMobile and TMobile alone determines their own definition of what it means. I bet JL feels their magenta plan is a better plan than your tzones plan, do you agree with that assessment?
    He also said that it would be a break of faith if they raised rates and cut back benefits and I quoted that. He said, doing that would "destroy the future of our brand" and I quoted that.

    But you (and others who oppose T-Mobile) have an agenda to sow as much fear as possible. You're trying to convince everyone that T-Mobile is going to really give a bad deal to the consumer now that they will be allowed to merge. You have no evidence of this. And when presented with a direct company statement to the contrary, you want to argue that they don't mean what they say.

    Nice try.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    542
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    He also said that it would be a break of faith if they raised rates and cut back benefits and I quoted that. He said, doing that would "destroy the future of our brand" and I quoted that.

    But you (and others who oppose T-Mobile) have an agenda to sow as much fear as possible. You're trying to convince everyone that T-Mobile is going to really give a bad deal to the consumer now that they will be allowed to merge. You have no evidence of this. And when presented with a direct company statement to the contrary, you want to argue that they don't mean what they say.

    Nice try.
    He didn't make that promise to the FCC at all. There is absolutely zero promise made in that statement. you just made up that it actually means anything. As I said earlier, he won't be there, what's he care.Yes, people who bring up opinions that differ with yours are obviously haters and attackers of TMobile, we know where you stand on that. You are intolerant of anybody else's opinion that doesn't paint the company as a global Savior, as long as other subsidize your service and you can continue to pay 3.99 for your plan. We know. You can save the melodrama for someone who values how you feel about them, I can guarantee you that I do not.

    Nice try.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,109
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    He didn't make that promise to the FCC at all. There is absolutely zero promise made in that statement.
    The three year commitment in the letter is really zero commitment? Interesting logic how you came up with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    as long as other subsidize your service
    Sounds like from your post you have quite a subsidy yourself:

    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    I can guarantee you I pay LESS than you do for TMobile service

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    542
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    The three year commitment in the letter is really zero commitment? Interesting logic how you came up with that.



    Sounds like from your post you have quite a subsidy yourself:
    Right it's zero commitment. There is no definition of better given. It means nothing.


    I never said I paid less than you at all. As usual you are taking a comment made to someone else, and inserting yourself into it. I guess you feel that important? Not sure why really. With all my discounts though, I do pay less than the person I was commenting on. Unless you are the same person with 2 different accounts, which would explain a lot actually...anyways, As I stated earlier, I'm not the one on here trying to convince people that "better" means cheaper. I'd gladly give up my plan in a heartbeat, if it meant prices across the board dropped. Would you? Or do you not care, as long as "you get yours".

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    194
    Device(s)
    Pixel 4 XL
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    It's relevant to the discussion, considering what the topic of the thread is. It's literally a discussion about government regulation of private businesses, but somehow discussing the politics of it all is vwrboten? No wonder all the real discussion has moved elsewhere.

    But I'm shaking in my boots now! Banned from a dying forum, whatever would I do with my life.

    Sent from my SM-N975U1 using HoFo mobile app
    You can go into the mechanics of it and how government manages it. Once you go down that rabbit hole that you're going down...all logic goes flying out the window.

    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    See kids, this is what happens when you let the public schools educate your children.

    You'd be shocked how young I am, I just didnt receive a proper indoctrination from government training facilities.
    Speaking of that....As someone who went to public grade school that is an insult to public schools and the educators that work at such institutions....
    Last edited by compuguy; 02-25-2020 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Clarity.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,109
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Right it's zero commitment. There is no definition of better given. It means nothing.
    The definition is given in the MEMORANDUM OPINION AND ORDER, DECLARATORY RULING, AND ORDER OF PROPOSED MODIFICATION released by the FCC on November 5, 2019.

    Paragraph 209 on page 92, clearly states the following:

    "In February 2019, the Applicants committed to offer T-Mobile and Sprint legacy rate plans available as of February 4, 2019 for three years following consummation of the transaction or until better plans that offer a lower price or more data are made available. "

    https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachme...C-19-103A1.pdf

    Better plans defined: Lower price or more data. Can't be more straightforward than that. All nice and official. Doesn't matter if Legere falls off a cliff tomorrow.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    16,304
    Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    ....."In February 2019, the Applicants committed to offer T-Mobile and Sprint legacy rate plans available as of February 4, 2019 for three years following consummation of the transaction or until better plans that offer a lower price or more data are made available. "....
    (Emphasis added)
    So, all T-Mobile has to do is offer a plan that provides a marginal increase in data and then they'll be free to discontinue legacy rates and raise new rates to whatever they want. If they had said, "...that offer a lower price and more data..." I'd be in full agreement with you. But if you parse the statement like a computer, they've left themselves a big loophole.


    Name:  Clipboard01.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  88.4 KB

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,109
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    (Emphasis added)
    So, all T-Mobile has to do is offer a plan that provides a marginal increase in data and then they'll be free to discontinue legacy rates and raise new rates to whatever they want. If they had said, "...that offer a lower price and more data..." I'd be in full agreement with you. But if you parse the statement like a computer, they've left themselves a big loophole.
    There's no loophole. If there's a plan for $40 per month with 10 GB (which T-Mobile offers), T-Mobile can only stop offering it by lowering the price ($35 per month for 10 GB, for example) OR raising the amount of data ($40 per month for 15 GB).

    Since many of the plans already have unlimited data, the only choice is to keep offering them per the agreement or lower the price on them.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    542
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    The definition is given in the MEMORANDUM OPINION AND ORDER, DECLARATORY RULING, AND ORDER OF PROPOSED MODIFICATION released by the FCC on November 5, 2019.

    Paragraph 209 on page 92, clearly states the following:

    "In February 2019, the Applicants committed to offer T-Mobile and Sprint legacy rate plans available as of February 4, 2019 for three years following consummation of the transaction or until better plans that offer a lower price or more data are made available. "

    https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachme...C-19-103A1.pdf

    Better plans defined: Lower price or more data. Can't be more straightforward than that. All nice and official. Doesn't matter if Legere falls off a cliff tomorrow.
    right, as I been saying, how does a plan with a 100gb depo limit, 15gb of lte hotspot, 720p streaming for $90 a month sound???? Its more data!!!!! Lol it's a better plan!!! Switch today!!!

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    542
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    There's no loophole. If there's a plan for $40 per month with 10 GB (which T-Mobile offers), T-Mobile can only stop offering it by lowering the price ($35 per month for 10 GB, for example) OR raising the amount of data ($40 per month for 15 GB).

    Since many of the plans already have unlimited data, the only choice is to keep offering them per the agreement or lower the price on them.
    Show where it says this exactly? Or is this YOUR definition of what it means? Because your definition is meaningless. More data could also mean more non depo data, as I've been saying. Nowhere do they give any type of definition to what they mean. It is a useless agreement. You could use it for toilet paper if you wanted to. For some reason you must think tmobile is stupid where they would back themselves into a corner where they couldn't raise rates if they wanted to. Sorry, the company isnt that stupid.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Telus loses court fight over Ottawa’s spectrum auction rules
    By underrated in forum Freedom Mobile (previously Wind Mobile)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-07-2014, 03:13 PM
  2. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-26-2010, 05:12 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-05-2010, 02:03 AM
  4. Verizon's Mobile Office Kit
    By elrod in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2002, 12:45 PM
  5. T-Mobile takes over...
    By dna48363 in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-25-2002, 06:17 PM

Bookmarks