Thread: Porting nightmare, any ideas?

Feedback Score

Porting nightmare, any ideas?

So I've read of some folks having success, but man that's not been my experience at all, and support hasn't helped so far. In short, I signed up for service Tuesday and indicated this was a port from T-mobile. Shortly thereafter, I get confirmation SIM would go out overnight, and that T-mobile had approved releasing the number. Great.

The sim showed up today. I d/l the Visible app on this phone, an unlocked Iphone XR, and it says my order is on the way. I pop in the SIM, and it says activation successful. Power cycle the phone. Still can't make calls (beep beep beep), text, or access data. I notice Tmo's site still has this line listed, unlike the others I've just ported out, and when I pop the Tmo sim in the phone still has service and works.

I get on with chat and Tier 1 can't help. They say they'll open a ticket to have the port looked into. Hours later I get a message that my account is almost ready and I should " open the app and press the get activation button. By pushing the get activation button the port request will be pushed through our system. " Then I'll be told to insert the SIM. I go to the app, nothing more than there was before, a message saying my order was on the way and another showing my service was ready but not yet prompting me to insert the SIM.

I chat again, I'm told inserting the SIM will fix it. It does not. I'm going to bed though I'm rapidly approaching my current carrier's renewal date. I'll note that Tmo STILL shows the number, again unlike the other ones I ported, so there's no way this port is complete.

Anyone know the secret to getting the right support folks that can complete a port properly?

Feedback Score
    I guess I should add that while the mobile app says service is ready, but won't actually let me activate, the web site says I should "hang tight" because the port process isn't complete yet. So why the mobile app and web site show 2 different things is beyond me...

Feedback Score
    Alrighty then. Good talk.

(Still not ported. Still on Tmo).

Feedback Score
    You might contact T-Mo and check if they got the port request.
    Inter-carrier ports can take some time.

Feedback Score
    Yeah they basically confirmed the SIM they sent isn't triggering the activation for some reason so they have to send another. Hopefully that works, it I imagine I'll give up. I need to port out to keep from getting hit with a higher price on that line, so trying Red Pocket in the interim....

Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible Mobile $25
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vettejock99 View Post
    So I've read of some folks having success, but man that's not been my experience at all, and support hasn't helped so far. In short, I signed up for service Tuesday and indicated this was a port from T-mobile. Shortly thereafter, I get confirmation SIM would go out overnight, and that T-mobile had approved releasing the number. Great.

The sim showed up today. I d/l the Visible app on this phone, an unlocked Iphone XR, and it says my order is on the way. I pop in the SIM, and it says activation successful. Power cycle the phone. Still can't make calls (beep beep beep), text, or access data. I notice Tmo's site still has this line listed, unlike the others I've just ported out, and when I pop the Tmo sim in the phone still has service and works.

I get on with chat and Tier 1 can't help. They say they'll open a ticket to have the port looked into. Hours later I get a message that my account is almost ready and I should " open the app and press the get activation button. By pushing the get activation button the port request will be pushed through our system. " Then I'll be told to insert the SIM. I go to the app, nothing more than there was before, a message saying my order was on the way and another showing my service was ready but not yet prompting me to insert the SIM.

I chat again, I'm told inserting the SIM will fix it. It does not. I'm going to bed though I'm rapidly approaching my current carrier's renewal date. I'll note that Tmo STILL shows the number, again unlike the other ones I ported, so there's no way this port is complete.

Anyone know the secret to getting the right support folks that can complete a port properly?
    I activated my visible service with unlocked XR from Apple with no issues whatsoever, activation on Visible us tricky, you have to follow exactly step by step from what email said. It is excellent service for $25 a month.
    So many horrors porting, i read, but i do hope you find solutions. In the end it should get through. I ported from Cricket to Visible zero issue plus $100 gift card for Amazon gift card.
    Service is excellent, way better than Att or Cricket.

Device(s)
    Google Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    I ported to Google Voice over 5 years back and whenever I have to switch carriers, all I do is simply go into Google Voice and forward my calls to whatever new number the new carrier gives me. Honestly I've never memorized the new number but doing this has taken the anxiety of porting completely away.

I seriously recommend everyone to do this and its only $20 to port to GV and takes 12-24 hours. $20 well spent for peace of mind, plus the added benefits of the global spam list and ability to block numbers, etc.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    OP, was the issue finally resolved ?? You haven't posted any recent updates.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    OP, was the issue finally resolved ?? You haven't posted any recent updates.
    Hey, thanks for following up. Short answer - sorta. I ended up porting to Red Pocket temporarily, as they actually have humans that will respond quickly and accurately. Even that wasn't smooth but again, it was Visible's fault as they kept saying they had my number when they didn't and they didn't cancel their port request that was effectively stuck even though they'd emailed me confirming they'd done it. I actually had to get VERIZON directly involved to get Visible to cancel the port as they'd promised. Thank you Verizon.

With that done, it invalidated the new SIM they'd basically had me in limbo waiting on, but at least I was able to be on a $20 RP plan vs a $50-100 Tmo plan for another month. After almost a week, and with 3 weeks left in my plan this time, I actually tried Visible again. Same phone, everything the same on my end and it worked this time. As someone else said to me, maybe try, try again should be Visible's motto.