Thread: Band 30 Router + Amplifier for Rural Broadband

Device(s)
    LG V40 ThinQ
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score

Band 30 Router + Amplifier for Rural Broadband

Currently have set up at my parents a bandluxe router with an At&t unlimited phone SIM in it (the line was free for life as part of a promo). In combination I have a Wilson Drive M booster.

Currently the booster takes a donor signal of around -117 indoors and brings it down to -69 on band 12. The result speeds go from 4/1 to around 18/12.

This is a solid set up but recently have discovered At&t has one band 30 cell covering the part of town my folks live in that has only piss poor DSL as an option. It's like at&t did it intentionally.

So outside of my folks house Band 30 ranges from -130 to -123.

Can anyone recommend a solid cellular router that support band 30 ? And in combination a booster and antenna that supports band 30?

It's strange there is no band 30 or 66 for at least 30 miles in all directions except this one small serving cell. But with speeds like these I want on !

Thanks.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    I would have recommended the ZTE-MF288, but I bought one at $60 and another at $85. Not they are going for more than the Nighthawks.

The Nighthawks also include band 14 and you can expect them to upgrade your area to band 14.

My tower just got upgraded from band 12 only with 1-3 Mbps to band 4, 12, 14, 66 and am running 70-90mbps.

Just dropped Suddenlink and am using my mobley sim in the ZTE for my home service. After 3 months I will be able to get some new user deals from Suddenlink if I need to.

Device(s)
    LG V40 ThinQ
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    That's excellent. Where are you located ? That ZTE device looks like a really solid option. Too bad the only viable options are 399.99. Why the extreme appeal for this device ?

I've seen very little band 14 deployment around southwestern new hampshire I don't know why hoping that will change. My own personal home tower recently went from 4/12 to 2/4/12/14/30/66 which has been incredible but it's one of the only towers on this side of the state to be upgraded to the full set of bands.

Does anyone have any amplifier recommendations for band 30?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Didn't see that you had a phone sim in your current router.

I would expect that all the official AT&T hotspots will be recognized as a hotspot and not work with the phone sim.

Feedback Score
    Ebay, used $110 + $19 shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133337032433

Antennas are included, but you can get some cheap off eBay or even hook up an external antenna.

https://community.zteusa.com/discuss...na-is-for-what

Only need to change the APN (I think I used the Broadband APN)

Better signal and speed than my Netgear Explore in the cradle.

Device is not recognized by AT&T system.

Battery lasts 3-4 hours and has a battery saver mode that keep it from overcharging when continuously plugged in (stays at 50%).

Also have telephone ports. Since you are using a phone sim, if you put in the standard AT&T APN, then it might give you phone service as well as internet.

Feedback Score
    Forgot to add, it was larger than I thought it would be. About the size of a normal router.

WiFi is about the range of a normal router also.

AC router with MIMO