Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MMS not working on NET10 AT&T

Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

MMS not working on NET10 AT&T

I tried sending an MMS today and it would not send at all. I’m using an iPhone 11 running on the AT&T MVNO. I called customer service and they kept giving me the runaround with the APN, but there is no edit APN anywhere to be seen, since it is configured with the TFW profile itself.

Can anyone here help? All features work (calls, texts, internet) just not MMS. Customer service is USELESS

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by simplecar View Post
    I tried sending an MMS today and it would not send at all. I’m using an iPhone 11 running on the AT&T MVNO.
    I don't have Net10, but my LG Q6 is on Tracfone AT&T BYOP. Just tested sending and receiving MMS. Worked fine.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    I tried sending an MMS today and it would not send at all. I’m using an iPhone 11 running on the AT&T MVNO.
    Actual MMS not iMessage?

Device(s)
    Unlocked Tracfone iPhone SE & iPhone 6S, Tracfone Samsung Luna Pro, Tracfone LG Rebel 4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I tried sending an MMS today and it would not send at all. I’m using an iPhone 11 running on the AT&T MVNO. I called customer service and they kept giving me the runaround with the APN, but there is no edit APN anywhere to be seen, since it is configured with the TFW profile itself.

Can anyone here help? All features work (calls, texts, internet) just not MMS. Customer service is USELESS

I would check to see that the "Send as SMS" and "MMS Messaging" options in Settings/Messages are switched on.

I believe just generally you also want to see a phone number below iMessage next to Send and Receive as well.

Added: It does appear the iPhone needs to have cellular data set to "on" to send and receive pure MMS messages (iMessage can use just Wi-Fi but can only be used between iPhones). Some other phones I've had in past (like Samsung Luna Pro) will automatically turn data on and off in background with data set to off to send MMS.
    Last edited by tomseys; 02-18-2020 at 09:16 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Actual MMS not iMessage?
    Actual MMS. Sent to an Android user.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lappers View Post
    I would check to see that the "Send as SMS" and "MMS Messaging" options in Settings/Messages are switched on.

I believe just generally you also want to see a phone number below iMessage next to Send and Receive as well.

Added: It does appear the iPhone needs to have cellular data set to "on" to send and receive pure MMS messages (iMessage can use just Wi-Fi but can only be used between iPhones). Some other phones I've had in past (like Samsung Luna Pro) will automatically turn data on and off in background with data set to off to send MMS.
    Cell data is on at all times, I’m sending MMS to Android user.

Feedback Score
    This might not be the problem, and it shouldn't really be necessary, but did you try turning off WiFi while keeping cellular data turned on to see if MMS will send that way?

Device(s)
    Unlocked Tracfone iPhone SE & iPhone 6S, Tracfone Samsung Luna Pro, Tracfone LG Rebel 4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I would try a force-restart and then maybe if no help try reset network settings.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Go to settings, Messages and make sure Send as SMS is on, below that do you see send and recieve, on this make sure your phone number shows. Then below that make sure MMS messaging is on.

Data must be on.

The issue could be on the receiving phone, not yours.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Another thing you can try is go to the settings and options referenced in this thread and just toggle them off and back on. Sometimes that helps.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Tried all of the above. Still doesn’t work. Getting frustrated because everything works, I just can’t send out MMS.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm not familiar with Net10.

There is some info here, and I'm not sure if it is accurate or relevant, but I imagine you've seen it already and perhaps it's not accessible etc:

https://apn.gishan.net/en/apn/net-10/apple-iphone-11

https://www.net10wireless.com/apn

Sometimes you can get more competent customer support if you ask to speak with a supervisor who has access to the account tools. I'm assuming Net10 uses similar support as straight TF.

Edit: fixed the first link.
    Last edited by tomseys; 02-18-2020 at 02:48 PM.

Feedback Score
    Tried all of the above. Still doesn’t work. Getting frustrated because everything works, I just can’t send out MMS.
    Is the issue with all MMS texts or just one? Turn on Data and send an MMS to yourself. Not sure what the size limits are these days but, how big is the MMS you are trying to send?

Edit...Forgot we are dealing with iPhone. Sending to yourself may not help troubleshoot because of iMessage. You would be sending from iphone to iphone. Don't know enough about apple to know if turning on send as sms effects iphone to iphone.
    Last edited by cv91913; 02-18-2020 at 07:38 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    Not sure what the size limits are these days but, how big is the MMS you are trying to send?
    Attachment limit is 1 MB for AT&T ((and I think Verizon). Some phones will shrink a photo to this limit.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    We need more details to help you. Tell us EXACTLY what happened when you tried to send an MMS? Did the phone seem to hang, showed a circulating arrow, said "Waiting for connection", etc? Post a screenshot if you can.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast