Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cheap AT&T Data plans

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8, iPad Mini 4, Blackberry KEY 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score

Cheap AT&T Data plans

Is there any cheap data plans on AT&T for less than $10/month that have 500mb or 1GB data? I was going to pick up the 1gb year plan for $40 or less from freedompop but don't want to have to get a new sim every year and don't want to use their apps for calls and texts... I don't need calling or texting I'm only using it for PTT apps just would be nice to have calls and texts in an emergency... Any suggestions? Any I've not heard of yet? I'd go with a T-Mobile based plan but I don't get T-Mobile in my area at all

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitieiii View Post
    Is there any cheap data plans on AT&T for less than $10/month that have 500mb or 1GB data? I was going to pick up the 1gb year plan for $40 or less from freedompop but don't want to have to get a new sim every year and don't want to use their apps for calls and texts... I don't need calling or texting I'm only using it for PTT apps just would be nice to have calls and texts in an emergency... Any suggestions? Any I've not heard of yet? I'd go with a T-Mobile based plan but I don't get T-Mobile in my area at all
    Search https://prepaidcompare.net/

Looks like Red Pocket could do it.

Feedback Score

https://www.redpocket.com/gsma/add/B010

But if you "don't need calling or texting", I don't understand why the FP annual plan at less than 1/3 the cost (if you get it on sale for $34.99 or $39.99) won't work.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    I'm going with the $10/month GSMA plan on RP when my $60/year plan expires next year. But not under $10/month unless I prepay for a year where it averages about $8.25/month.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Trying to simplify to 2 prepaid lines, one on the Verizon network and a limited minute plan on ATT to improve coverage area. 12 month plans to help me fight the urge to switch. The good old days of contracts where you had to pay a hefty ETF to leave

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    https://www.redpocket.com/gsma/add/B010

But if you "don't need calling or texting", I don't understand why the FP annual plan at less than 1/3 the cost (if you get it on sale for $34.99 or $39.99) won't work.
    The thing that I don't like about that plan is needing to get another sim at the end of the plan to avoid giving FreedomPop your card number which means if I can't find it locally I'm out 3-5 days on shipping...

also would this plan activate without any any of their apps or settings? Just an apn change?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    I'm going with the $10/month GSMA plan on RP when my $60/year plan expires next year. But not under $10/month unless I prepay for a year where it averages about $8.25/month.
    I like the savings prepaying a year gives but some months i just can't just more then a months worth of payment...

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    For the $20/year savings, I don't think it is worth it for me to prepay.

Feedback Score
    The thing that I don't like about that plan is needing to get another sim at the end of the plan to avoid giving FreedomPop your card number which means if I can't find it locally I'm out 3-5 days on shipping...

also would this plan activate without any any of their apps or settings? Just an apn change?

Best Buy usually has free shipping. Plus the SIM cards don't expire, so after 6 months if you like FreedomPops service order another year from Best buy and just pop in the new sim when your first year runs out.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score

Correct, just a very simple APN change will make data work. Only the first 2 fields need to be changed.

The FreedomPop app is only needed if you want to call or text without using data. Most reviews I have read aren't favorable regarding the app anyway, so most use 3rd party apps like Google Voice.

Feedback Score
    It's up to you to decide how much your money is worth. Either RP or FP will work for your described data usage.

RP would be $120/year ($10x12) for 1GB/30 days.

FP would be $34.99/year, if the user waits for that sale, or $49.99/year at the regular price for 1GB/mo.

So, the FP over RP savings would be between $85.01/year and $70.01/year.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    It's up to you to decide how much your money is worth. Either RP or FP will work for your described data usage.

RP would be $120/year ($10x12) for 1GB/30 days.

FP would be $34.99/year, if the user waits for that sale, or $49.99/year at the regular price for 1GB/mo.

So, the FP over RP savings would be between $85.01/year and $70.01/year.
    FP 12 month plan not on sale right now anywhere?

Also how long do these last before they expire without usage?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    FP on sale right now at Best Buy & E-bay for 39.99

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Whitieiii;17119032]

Also how long do these last before they expire without usage?

/QUOTE]

If you're asking how long you can wait before activating the SIM, the only answer I've seen from a FreedomPop representative is that there is no deadline for activating, and that he anticipated packaging would make it clear if that changes.

If you're asking if there's a requirement to use data on some regular basis after activating-- I don't believe so.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    FP on sale right now at Best Buy & E-bay for 39.99
    Link?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)