Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NY blinks, drops their objections to the merger

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    It’s a forum full of angry boomers, we are not really talking about the pillars of society here, so while I fully agree with you, sometimes it’s not worth the effort to try to debate it. Just say, ok boomer.
    ...which is as bad as saying the c-word.

So, nobody wins but everyone smirks to himself about his own "cleverness".

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Eeyup! Boomer and proud of it!

Shucks, the best part (I mean other than having a job and money) is watching how angry you young whipper-snappers get when anyone triggers you with them "microagressions" or whatever youse is calling them.

Back in my day, we had a sayin'. Somethin bout sticks and stones. Shoot, wish I could 'member them thar olden days to tell you the rest.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score

NY blinks, drops their objections to the merger

Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    ...which is as bad as saying the c-word.

So, nobody wins but everyone smirks to himself about his own "cleverness".
    Not really, as it’s not degrading a person based solely on their gender. But, you do what makes you feel best.

Feedback Score
    Not really, as it’s not degrading a person based solely on their gender.
    No. It denigrates (not "degrades") a person based solely on his age.

So enjoy acting like the person you're trying to denigrate.

Oh, wait--what you meant, then, was that "it's unacceptable to denigrate a person in context of his gender, but it's perfectly acceptable to denigrate a person in context of his age".

Got it. You think it's perfectly acceptable to denigrate people, as long as we're not using a tool YOU deem to be "unacceptable".

OK, bully.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So... anyway..................

This was never going anywhere. This is what they put out there with the Charter/Time Warner Cable merger. They wanted assurances the cable network would grow in the state; they never wanted to block a thing. They didn't get to get those assurances before dropping it, so saying they "hope to work with" them simply means they want to see T-Mobile grow in the state as a result of this.

I mean... it really isn't that hard. Just need an understanding of the history of things here. California did the same with that same merger, and will back off too. They're a much larger economy than NY (and well, every state), so they have more clout to drag it on.

Feedback Score
    Do you always throw insults or just having a bad day?
    It’s a forum full of angry boomers, we are not really talking about the pillars of society here, so while I fully agree with you, sometimes it’s not worth the effort to try to debate it. Just say, ok boomer.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    I'm sure he meant communist.

That's the first thing that pops into my head when I hear NY or CA.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using HoFo mobile app
    Might as well add CT to that list!
    Hartford, CT Area

Feedback Score

No. It denigrates (not "degrades") a person based solely on his age.

So enjoy acting like the person you're trying to denigrate.

Oh, wait--what you meant, then, was that "it's unacceptable to denigrate a person in context of his gender, but it's perfectly acceptable to denigrate a person in context of his age".

Got it. You think it's perfectly acceptable to denigrate people, as long as we're not using a tool YOU deem to be "unacceptable".

OK, bully.
    Not at all, it is however perfectly acceptable to denigrate people based on their behavior and outdated references such as calling a woman a “c-word”. Nobody under the age of 60 really talks like that anymore, and it’s an outdated reference to a female that really has no place in modern society. If you feel ashamed that you accept that, and feel I am referring to you in particular, that likely says more about you as a person, than me. Have a good day. That woman graduated law school and became attorney general for the state of New York, you sit on a forum board nobody reads and talk about tmobile. In the game of life, that woman beat you. Some guys can’t handle that.

Feedback Score
    Not at all, it is however perfectly acceptable to denigrate people
    OK, bully.

Oh, wait--OK, smug self-important bully.

If you don't see yourself as part of the problem, if you truly think you're above others who behave EXACTLY the same way as you do*, then you need to take a strong inventory of yourself and your behaviors.

(*and no, "but he did it because she's a woman! I did it for PERFECTLY VALID reasons!" does not make the behavior any different)

Feedback Score
    OK, bully.

Oh, wait--OK, smug self-important bully.

If you don't see yourself as part of the problem, if you truly think you're above others who behave EXACTLY the same way as you do*, then you need to take a strong inventory of yourself and your behaviors.

(*and no, "but he did it because she's a woman! I did it for PERFECTLY VALID reasons!" does not make the behavior any different)
    As I said, it seems your objections to what I said speak more about you, than they do about me. It’s ok, I know the world seems scary and is leaving you behind. There is room for you as well, just don’t call women the C word, don’t call people of a different race some derogatory word you think is cool, don’t do that. None of that is cool anymore. Be cool, not an angry boomer. Nobody respects that.

Feedback Score
    That woman graduated law school and became attorney general for the state of New York,
    And then she got crushed in a court of law by mighty T-Mobile. She wasted all of those New York tax dollars for nothing. She was completely embarrassed by the final outcome. She was looking for a signature win that would boost her political career, she had the speech ready for the celebratory press conference and instead she got a slammed by the final decision. Pitiful.

you sit on a forum board nobody reads and talk about tmobile.
    Says the ex-TMobile employee that's made 479 posts in just 3 months on "a forum board nobody reads".

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    And then she got crushed in a court of law by mighty T-Mobile. She wasted all of those New York tax dollars for nothing. She was completely embarrassed by the final outcome. She was looking for a signature win that would boost her political career, she had the speech ready for the celebratory press conference and instead she got a slammed by the final decision. Pitiful.

Says the ex-TMobile employee that's made 479 posts in just 3 months on "a forum board nobody reads".
    So what, she lost. Every lawyer loses a case in court. Big deal. When she speaks it makes the news, when you speak, nobody knows. You are on here talking about what she did, she has no clue you exist. In life, she won. I guess if that’s “pitiful”, what’s that make you? She dared take T-Mobile to court!!! How dare her!!! Lol how pathetic the reaction is from people to call her a c word because she had the audacity to take T-Mobile to court!!!! Doesn’t she know that the 5 old men who always post on some forum nobody reads anonymously disapprove of her actions!!!! Pathetic.

Right, a forum nobody reads. A forum with about 30 viewers a day, with the same 5 people flooding every single post. It may be important to you, but, nobody reads it, nor overly cares about it anymore. This again goes back to the world changing. Scary huh? Wait, I’m sorry, am I not “shilly” enough for you? Sometimes I forget, my bad. I should definitely work on that. Put aside all my personal convictions and instead hail corporate. Care to mentor me on how to accomplish this better?
    Last edited by hofonewb9; 02-18-2020 at 10:03 AM.

Feedback Score
    So what, she lost. Every lawyer loses a case in court. Big deal.
    Every lawyer doesn't lose a case with such national notoriety. T-Mobile's legal team didn't lose. The other AG's who supported the merger didn't lose. But, New York Attorney General Letitia James plastered her name all over this case so that she could get a big career boost because she thought she was going to win. And she came out the big loser. Aside from California's AG, the rest of the AG's are nameless. But the world will know Letitia for her big loss.

she has no clue you exist. In life, she won.
    You don't know anything about my life so you're in no position to determine winners or losers. But it appears you feel the need to come to Letitia's defense and make baseless attacks against those who comment on her professional actions.

Right, a forum nobody reads. A forum with about 30 viewers a day, with the same 5 people flooding every single post.
    If you truly feel that nobody reads it, that wouldn't explain the fact that you have averaged 160 posts per month on a forum that "nobody reads". That's over 5 posts a day on average on a forum that "nobody reads". Why would you make all of those posts if you felt nobody was reading them? You're trying to insult others for posting on here when you're been one of the most prolific poster on the board! Meanwhile you can't stick to the topic at hand so you have to start with the personal insults. It's a shame.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Every lawyer doesn't lose a case with such national notoriety. T-Mobile's legal team didn't lose. The other AG's who supported the merger didn't lose. But, New York Attorney General Letitia James plastered her name all over this case so that she could get a big career boost because she thought she was going to win. And she came out the big loser. Aside from California's AG, the rest of the AG's are nameless. But the world will know Letitia for her big loss.

You don't know anything about my life so you're in no position to determine winners or losers. But it appears you feel the need to come to Letitia's defense and make baseless attacks against those who comment on her professional actions.

If you truly feel that nobody reads it, that wouldn't explain the fact that you have averaged 160 posts per month on a forum that "nobody reads". That's over 5 posts a day on average on a forum that "nobody reads". Why would you make all of those posts if you felt nobody was reading them? You're trying to insult others for posting on here when you're been one of the most prolific poster on the board! Meanwhile you can't stick to the topic at hand so you have to start with the personal insults. It's a shame.
    Right, because every lawyer doesn’t have a case with this type of national exposure. Amazing a woman was able to do that eh?

One thing I do know about you, you aren’t the attorney general for the state of New York, an African American woman has that job. Care to tell us how that makes you feel?

As to my post history, the difference between us is I go into my posts knowing my audience is 5, and not overly caring if they agree or disagree. I know nobody reads them. I know the platform I am posting on. A dead forum that hasn’t been relevant for years.

Feedback Score
    Don't break out the champagne. Let's see if this tieup gives us flashbacks of the Comcast, DirecTV and Warner Media Mergers. It remains to be seen when the streaming media companies are bought out or merged what bullying tactics AT&T's Warner Media arm will use to strong arm retransmission agreements with their media assets. There is nothing to celebrate here. 5G is not going to do anything for this merger. It will be pricey to deploy. It should not have been a determining factor for approval. Do not forgot all the shady stuff T-Mobile has been caught doing. Expect more of it! Those Uncarrier deals will be put on life support in a few years. They will be costly to sustain. Just wait. Mark my words. It won't happen now. But, It will in the future. Let's see if T-Mo can rectify it's in building coverage and outside coverage. Will it be the same or are they going try and really fix those two problems? Well Whatever - pop your corks and get ready for what T-Mo has in store for you. I am staying put with (HIGH)RIZON...
    Last edited by jameny5; 02-18-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast