Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Deal

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    Have had that happen before. Overnight shipping is usually on a different truck than ground shipping.
    Yep, "purple" trucks are regular FedEx, "green" trucks are Ground FedEx. Ground FedEx delivers Tues through Sat. Regular FedEx delivers Monday through Friday, maybe weekends too I'm not sure. They have different base offices and are like stepbrothers, don't care/know much about the other.
    Last edited by hpham; 04-09-2020 at 01:36 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Fedex truck #2 came. The box from yesterday had "refused" on it in pen and I confirmed the tracking number on it and refused it again.

The second one activated perfectly with the airtime & service days preloaded the SIM card. No separate airtime card included. This might be due to it being a refurbished phone in a plain white box, not a new one. No phone number loss. I didn't have to set up voicemail again, so it just switched the phone on the line like it should.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Yep, "purple" trucks are regular FedEx, "green" trucks are Ground FedEx. Ground FedEx delivers Tues through Sat. Regular FedEx delivers Monday through Friday, maybe weekends too I'm not sure. They have different base offices and are like stepbrothers, don't care/know much about the other.
    All Fedex trucks here are white.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cubey View Post
    All Fedex trucks here are white.
    What is the writing on the side's coloration? Usually, the Ground trucks, along with saying ground, has the Ex in green. Though a quick google search shows images where the Ex is orange on ground.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

Feedback Score
    They probably lease the trucks and have a hodgepodge of vehicles spread around depending on what they ordered at the time.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    They probably lease the trucks and have a hodgepodge of vehicles spread around depending on what they ordered at the time.
    Oh, yeah. I did notice it said something like that. I think it was Purple/Orange lettering for "FedEx".

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Usually, the Ground trucks, along with saying ground, has the Ex in green. Though a quick google search shows images where the Ex is orange on ground.
    It used to be more clear-cut, as in the picture below. But according to This Article in 2016 , they'll be getting rid of the other colors besides purple and orange.

Name:  FedEx-Trucks.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  38.4 KB

Feedback Score
    I got a 1 day shipment from Walmart on Sunday by FedEx Ground. Did not notice the "Ex" color. It was a very new truck. There might be some alterations of shipping methods because of the virus lockdowns. A lot more shipping traffic to residential than usual, because you can't buy a lot of things in retail stores.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Fedex is returning it this time. It has a new tracking number linked from the old one's details showing Tuesday as the delivery date back to where it came from. Maybe within a week after that, I'll get refunded. If Tracfone doesn't turn around and send it out again ....

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    It used to be more clear-cut, as in the picture below. But according to This Article in 2016 , they'll be getting rid of the other colors besides purple and orange.

Name:  FedEx-Trucks.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  38.4 KB
    Fedex is changing everything to purple/orange.. Ground takes a little longer because it is all contractors..

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Not sure if this is news but it appears this deal is back up @29.99 again. Pre-loaded sim of your choice only.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283448464240

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I've never seen it at 29.99, wow. That's one hell of a deal. I'm good until Demember 2021 but I might just buy it lol.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=praz108;17127103]I've never seen it at 29.99, wow. That's one hell of a deal./QUOTE]

For those who didn't get a bogus SIM card with no airtime and a massive headache over it.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, FreedomPop, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cubey View Post
    For those who didn't get a bogus SIM card with no airtime and a massive headache over it.
    Right!

After two separate purchases (both SIMs had no airtime, but I was refunded each time), I messaged eBay-Tracfone to ask if the current deal included an airtime card or PIN or some way of activating. They replied, apologizing for the earlier problems, and reminded me I was refunded.

BUT, they did not answer my question! :

So, we really do not know if the newest "deal" is merely click bait, or if the SIMs come with an airtime card, or if the SIMs can indeed be activated without an airtime card.

So, in view of the lack of information, I recommend visitors do NOT purchase the newest "eBay Exclusive " for Verizon services, even at the lower price, until they can assure us the SIM has an attached Plan.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBard57 View Post
    Right!

After two separate purchases (both SIMs had no airtime, but I was refunded each time), I messaged eBay-Tracfone to ask if the current deal included an airtime card or PIN or some way of activating. They replied, apologizing for the earlier problems, and reminded me I was refunded.

BUT, they did not answer my question! :

So, we really do not know if the newest "deal" is merely click bait, or if the SIMs come with an airtime card, or if the SIMs can indeed be activated without an airtime card.

So, in view of the lack of information, I recommend visitors do NOT purchase the newest "eBay Exclusive " for Verizon services, even at the lower price, until they can assure us the SIM has an attached Plan.
    I ordered one yesterday, it's supposed to arrive by Friday. I choose AT&T from the drop down. I plan on activating it with a transfer from a SIM from the $39.99 deal in December which came with SIMs for all three carriers and a separate airtime code. I'm going from AT&T to AT&T with a BYOD so, as long as TracFone doesn't screw things up, it should be straight forward. I'll post the results.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast