Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Ebay Deal

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad
    Feedback Score

Separate airtime card

Does anyone know if this deal exists where they ship the sim kit with the separate airtime card? Thanks
    YIKES!!

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zeply View Post
    Does anyone know if this deal exists where they ship the sim kit with the separate airtime card? Thanks
    Nope. The purpose is to get new people/new lines. not sell a year to existing people for cheap.

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cubey View Post
    Nope. The purpose is to get new people/new lines. not sell a year to existing people for cheap.
    Thanks. I’m considering changing from an IPhone 6 to the IPhone 8 on Tracfones site. Would I be able to use the preloaded sim on my phone swap while maintaining my current phone number?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zeply View Post
    Thanks. I’m considering changing from an IPhone 6 to the IPhone 8 on Tracfones site. Would I be able to use the preloaded sim on my phone swap while maintaining my current phone number?
    I'm guessing not, but I don't know for sure. They want you to port in your number, so therefore you'd have to be on another carrier.. or even a different Tracfone-family brand, such as Net10 or Straight Talk, since that's still porting. Changing SIM cards and devices on an active line isn't porting in, that's just upgrading your phone. Your old airtime balance would stay intact through the SIM card/phone upgrade. You'd have to probably have a new phone # to (maybe) get the offer.

But you might wanna go back up and read... I ported in my phone and number and I didn't get my airtime even after paying for more airtime to activate it. Tracfone support is saying they can't do anything and the ebay store is very slow to respond and hasn't helped me any yet.

If I were you, I'd skip trying to do this on your existing line.

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad
    Feedback Score
    I'm guessing not, but I don't know for sure. They want you to port in your number, so therefore you'd have to be on another carrier.. or even a different Tracfone-family brand, such as Net10 or Straight Talk, since that's still porting. Changing SIM cards and devices on an active line isn't porting in, that's just upgrading your phone. Your old airtime balance would stay intact through the SIM card/phone upgrade. You'd have to probably have a new phone # to (maybe) get the offer.

But you might wanna go back up and read... I ported in my phone and number and I didn't get my airtime even after paying for more airtime to activate it. Tracfone support is saying they can't do anything and the ebay store is very slow to respond and hasn't helped me any yet.

If I were you, I'd skip trying to do this on your existing line.
    Yes you’re probably right. I remember seeing a reply earlier in the thread where there was a separate airtime card, it they probably became wise to that. Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    It's also because people sell the airtime cards for $$ on eBay to clueless buyers.

But maybe TF just ran out of cards. I have never heard of TF discriminating against current customers. How would they know, anyway? Not everybody registers their account.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    It's also because people sell the airtime cards for $$ on eBay to clueless buyers.

But maybe TF just ran out of cards. I have never heard of TF discriminating against current customers. How would they know, anyway? Not everybody registers their account.
    Many carriers have "new customer" deals for BYOP port-ins where you get a special deal. I suspect this is Tracfone attempting that.

Metro will send you a $50 prepaid card after 2 months of active service if you port-in and BYOP.

Sprint gave away a FREE YEAR of service a couple times for new customer port-ins with certain specific devices from other carriers like Verizon. No idea what the thinking was, to be honest. I ported in a used iphone 5s I got off ebay for about $100 and stayed on it for 11 months with unlimited everything for free, except a few dollars for fees/taxes. I ported out before the year was up, getting a good deal on an S7 on Verizon. Later on, I resold the iphone for about $50 locally since I didn't want it anymore and I got well over $40 use out of it. Plus it was another year and a half older and wasn't really worth $100 anymore.

Feedback Score
    Metro and Sprint have the ability to micro-manage things. Tracfone is too disorganized. Although once your TF service is up and running and TF is not monkeying with it anymore, it generally runs OK.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    Metro and Sprint have the ability to micro-manage things. Tracfone is too disorganized. Although once your TF service is up and running and TF is not monkeying with it anymore, it generally runs OK.
    Except when they randomly terminate your service (voiding all airtime left), put your phone # in limbo (CS will say it's taken and you can't have it, not true) and brick your SIM card (requiring a replacement) for no good reason. It happened to me on a basic phone around 2012, and I've read that it has happened to others.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The F with Tracfone!!! It deleted the PAID airtime buckets I bought when I switched phones to an old non-4G Verizon/CDMA Tracfone smartphone. (yeah, it's really old). Not gonna go into why I did it, but I had a good reason.

Switching back the SIM didn't help. No airtime, just service days. At least my number is being held, I just can't call or text any.

I'm gonna order the red pocket SIM annual deal for $60 and port out of Tracfone, and return the Tracfone SIM as not as described.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, FreedomPop, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm gonna order the red pocket SIM annual deal for $60 and port out of Tracfone,
    Disadvantage to Red Pocket deal: only 500MB/month, NO CARRYOVER
    Verizon still wants LTE phones for full operability, as 3G will disappear in the not too distant future.

Advantage:
    redpocketstore (12545 ) 99% Positive feedback
    tracfonewireless (29953 ) 97.5% Positive feedback (That is below body temperature, so buyers should watch out!)

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBard57 View Post
    Disadvantage to Red Pocket deal: only 500MB/month, NO CARRYOVER
    Verizon still wants LTE phones for full operability, as 3G will disappear in the not too distant future.

Advantage:
    redpocketstore (12545 ) 99% Positive feedback
    tracfonewireless (29953 ) 97.5% Positive feedback (That is below body temperature, so buyers should watch out!)
    The no carry over with Red Pocket wouldn't matter to me.

I got in chat and Tracfone fixed things, sorta. They got confused I guess and replaced my missing roughly 497min/480txt/485MB with 1000min/500txt/1GB. No extra days though.

The old 3G smartphone was probably considered a "basic" phone because I read afterwords that smart phone airtime gets deleted if you change to basic. It also threw an error saying they'll give a $40 voucher to upgrade to a phone costing $40.99 + but the chat person didn't say anything about that when I mentioned it.

I opened a return case for the SIM card today. I hope they just respond by making things right.. give me the airtime I paid for! If they don't and just agree to the return, I'm thinking about just getting my hands on a cheap Tracfone from Walmart ($20-30) and doing the $25/60 day refill every 2 months so I can quit stressing about this crap. Yeah it'll cost more but oh well. I can save my phone # and not worry about this anymore. I don't trust buying just a SIM card and trying to "upgrade" to the same device with a new SIM card. That might not worth right. Dunno?

This is hopefully just a 6-7 month situation and after that, I can go back to the big $80 Verizon unlimited plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have two Redpocket $60 for the year plans on AT&T and they are great. Work with Wi-Fi calling and visual voice mail on iPhones as well ($1 fee for setting Vm).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5