Thread: Tello Paygo Expiration Period?

Feedback Score

Tello Paygo Expiration Period?

What is the expiration period for Tello paygo payments?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by analogman View Post
    What is the expiration period for Tello paygo payments?
    Officially, per the new Tello Terms of Service, since late last year, a new $20 payment is required every 90 days.

In real life, as far as I've seen so far, Tello is NOT enforcing it's new Terms. But that COULD change at any time.

There are threads on HoFo and Slick Deals and probably Reddit describing everything that went on, including Tello offering paygo customers refunds of existing paygo balances due to the change.

For a line I take care of, I got the refund of the existing paygo balance, and ported it to the RP eBay $30/360 days plan with 200/1000/200 allowance every 30 days. I made sure Tello knew I was porting it so they left the line open after the refund just so it could be ported out.

There are sometimes eBay coupons that will work on the eBay plans, too, so check around if you're interested in that.

Feedback Score
    Here are links to two of the threads I referred to above:

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...dit-Expiration

https://slickdeals.net/f/13410829-ps...credits-expire

Here is the link to the $30/360 days ($2.50/30 days) 200/1000/200 RP eBay plan I mentioned above:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-50-Mo-Red...-/133196831828

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Officially, per the new Tello Terms of Service, since late last year, a new $20 payment is required every 90 days.

In real life, as far as I've seen so far, Tello is NOT enforcing it's new Terms. But that COULD change at any time.

There are threads on HoFo and Slick Deals and probably Reddit describing everything that went on, including Tello offering paygo customers refunds of existing paygo balances due to the change.

For a line I take care of, I got the refund of the existing paygo balance, and ported it to the RP eBay $30/360 days plan with 200/1000/200 allowance every 30 days. I made sure Tello knew I was porting it so they left the line open after the refund just so it could be ported out.

There are sometimes eBay coupons that will work on the eBay plans, too, so check around if you're interested in that.
    Thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    i have a line with only a few dollars on it that i have been expecting to be cancelled(or my balance forfeited) at any time but its still active and have not lost my balance.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    History: Verizon, PagePlus, PTel, RingPlus, Lyca, TMobile, Tello, Ting
    Feedback Score
    Are there any datapoints of Tello actually suspending/canceling PAYGO accounts for not adding funds within 90 days?

I will port out but need some time. Considering RedPockets $30/year plan ($10 PAYGO was suffiicient for a year for minimal texts and voice and even a tad less data) for one line and for a 2nd possibly to BlackWireless (typically more text usage, slightly more voice and occasional text, about $20 PAYGO good for a year --> RP or Tello plan long term, but need unlimited data just for a few months. Thanks to HoFo Blackwireless is an option, I think there was another plan with actual unlimited data, I'll need to search again, was it Best Buy's Sprint of some sort?)

Thanks

Feedback Score
    None that I've seen yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zengen View Post
    Are there any datapoints of Tello actually suspending/canceling PAYGO accounts for not adding funds within 90 days?
    Mine was still working and balance still there when I checked it at the beginning of February. My balance is all from the initial $5 deposit I made several years ago.

They appear to be letting it slide - for now. They can enforce it any time they want to. Therein lies the problem for my backup glovebox phone. It might not work when/if I need it.

Feedback Score
    (We should all stop poking this sleeping dragon!)