Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Volte not works with all phones on red pocket for GSMA.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Yep, I switched one week after a new cycle had started, so lost 3 weeks off the annual end date.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I see.. So it's one port per monthly cycle.

Currently with gsma/att, but may at some point switch to tmo to see how service improved as the device in use won't be compatible with att any more (no volte support).

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RenoWirelessGuru View Post
    There's been a few r/NoContract posts about VoLTE now working on Red Pocket. I'm using GSMA and have an iPhone 11 (unlocked, purchased via Apple upgrade program) and received a carrier update to Red Pocket 40.2 which enabled "Enable LTE" and Wi-Fi Calling" in Cellular settings. Wi-Fi Calling now works, but VoLTE does not. When I place a call, the "LTE" indicator drops to "3G" and the sound quality is sub-par. Interestingly I can use data/internet using 3G data simultaneously during a call. Others in the subreddit with other iPhone models have stated that VoLTE is working for them. So I'm guessing there's an issue with the DSDS (eSIM) iPhones, or maybe AT&T has to whitelist my iPhone?

My ultimate goal is to be able to use the new iOS 13 feature where the cellular data of one carrier can be used to make IMS/Wi-Fi Calling calls on the other.
    I have it working on my SE, except for VVM (which I probably have to contact support to get to work).

During my experimentation, I removed the downloaded profile so you may want to try that.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Trying to simplify to 2 prepaid lines, one on the Verizon network and a limited minute plan on ATT to improve coverage area. 12 month plans to help me fight the urge to switch. The good old days of contracts where you had to pay a hefty ETF to leave

Feedback Score
    Volte still does not work with non branded ATT Devices on Android like S10

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile & Sprint (via Google Fi), AT&T (via Red Pocket Mobile and Airalo)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    I have it working on my SE, except for VVM (which I probably have to contact support to get to work).

During my experimentation, I removed the downloaded profile so you may want to try that.
    I had previously removed the profile too and it didn’t fix the problem for me. Was your SE purchased from AT&T, Apple or another carrier?

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk
    Check out my Reno Area Wireless Information & Cellular Guide website for cell site location maps, pictures & more https://RenoWirelessInfo.com

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    It was purchased from Best Buy for att prepaid. Then unlocked. Though for this case that doesn’t matter.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile & Sprint (via Google Fi), AT&T (via Red Pocket Mobile and Airalo)
    Feedback Score
    It was purchased from Best Buy for att prepaid. Then unlocked. Though for this case that doesn’t matter.
    If AT&T has a whitelist of approved devices for certain features - it may matter. Maybe VoLTE isn’t working on my iPhone 11 Pro because it was purchased from Apple? Does anyone have more insight on this?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    If AT&T has a whitelist of approved devices for certain features - it may matter. Maybe VoLTE isn’t working on my iPhone 11 Pro because it was purchased from Apple? Does anyone have more insight on this?

I don't think that it matters for the iPhones. I've had VoLTE in the past on ATT with an iphone purchased for Verizon.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I don't think that it matters for the iPhones. I've had VoLTE in the past on ATT with an iphone purchased for Verizon.
    When looking at your GSMA line on the RP website, is anything displayed in the "Device ID" field? Mine shows nothing, but it does show my Device Type. On my CDMA line, Device ID is shown.

Again, VoLTE is not working for GSMA on my iPhone 11 Pro. I contacted their IT support yesterday, and they were supposed to get back with me earlier this morning with a fix.

Feedback Score
    When looking at your GSMA line on the RP website, is anything displayed in the "Device ID" field? Mine shows nothing, but it does show my Device Type. On my CDMA line, Device ID is shown
    I have one GSMA line and one CDMA line. Like you, the device ID is shown on the CDMA but is blank on the GSMA. So it seems to be standard operating procedure for RP and is not indicative of anything having to do with whether LTE works or not.

Anecdotally, it seems that iPhone users having this LTE problem disproportionately have dual-SIM iPhones like you, but I don't know if that is really the case. I agree with kevink that who you bought it from doesn't matter.

Feedback Score
    so still an issue, no att mnvo has volte? did red pocket resolve your issue

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I’m still not getting VoLTE on Red Pocket GSMA with my dual SIM iPhone 11. In some online research it’s working on some other single SIM and dual SIM iPhones when only using the RPM SIM and no eSIM is added to the phone.

Device(s)
    HP Veer
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular Fits You Best
    Feedback Score
    I can't get it working either. Tried a Moto G5S and a Pixel 2. Neither show any VoLTE option in the settings. Will contact RP support, should I just play dumb and give them an iPhone IMEI if they ask?
    More Bars in More Places.

Feedback Score
    yes just do that. i was wondering if ATT Ever allowed their MNVOs to have Volte on non-att branded android phones

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    No, for the most part they don't even allow VoLTE on post-paid unless it is a white listed device. Not sure what the hold up is????

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast