Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Volte not works with all phones on red pocket for GSMA.

Device(s)
    Pixel4XL, s10+, Axon 10P, Titan, Atom, MoFi, etc
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, Google Fi, Xfinity Mobile, TMO, RP/vzw/att/tmo, Tello, Tru, eKit
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    Data point:

oneplus 7T - full volte right away without doing anything - used sim slot2 with no imei shenanigans (like w/ cricket having to add an iphone imei to the acount)
    Have you had the SIM in the oneplus 7T for at least three days? It takes several days for the whitelist script to be executed.
    --
    CellGuru

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^^Negative. Not possible as the sim belongs to a family member. I will say this though; When I tried to get volte working on the 7t with cricket, it won't provision until they added an iphone 8 (or other volte compatible device) to the account. This was not necessary here. All the chat agent did was enable the feature. Didn't ask for any imei's, so that's different.

Feedback Score
    >this is on a Pixel 1

Per reports from 3 years ago, Pix 1 doesn't have AT&T VoLTE. I don't think time has improved your chances any.

Pix 2 getting VoLTE is...interesting. Get your Google-Fu in shape. Pix 3 and after are more solid, although some CS finagling may still be in order.

>At some point ATT is gonna have to abandon the white list but that day has sadly not arrived yet.

Yeah folks keep saying this. Here's a thread from June last year, saying how AT&T will open the VoLTE spigot for all unlocked phones starting 2020. Because of "AT&T memo leaked on reddit."

https://forums.att.com/conversations...d5f2f606c8f514

Another rumor dashed. But hope runs eternal.

We're still 2 years out from drop-dead date, but even now, what'll happen looks clear to me. No, AT&T will not suddenly turn nice. Those 2- or 3- or 4-year old phones still won't be getting any VoLTE love. What'll happen is that you will at some point buy a new phone, probably within the next 2 years. Then, if you care about AT&T (or MVNO) service, you will buy an AT&T "approved" phone--branded or not. Because complaining about "evil AT&T" on an online forum is just spitting into the wind.

As more people become aware of AT&T's walled garden, the problem will be solved as part of the natural upgrade cycle. In that sense, the rollout to MVNOs is serving its purpose.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Interesting update. I moved my RP ATT SIM from slot1 to slot2 in my Axon 10 Pro. VoLTE is back on. We will see what happens in 3 days.

Edit: As soon as I restarted the phone it was gone.
    Last edited by dmarkson; 02-16-2020 at 08:22 PM.

Feedback Score
    Is ATT the only provider that does this? I know tmobile does not but does Verizon have a whitelist too?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Verizon did do this for a while, but not in the past year or two,

Sprint does have a list of what it allows. The Pixel 2 line does not have it but the Pixel 3 does. Seems like it's more technically based and not marketing based like AT&T.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Please switch to Verizon on Red Pocket if you are able to. Volte works.

Stop fooling around with 2nd, 3rd and 4th place.

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I still have 9 more months to ago.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Red pocket might allow you switch carriers now. You have to do it close to the end of your monthly cycle. You will need a CDMAV sim card. You should be able to request one or buy one off ebay.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile & Sprint (via Google Fi), AT&T (via Red Pocket Mobile and Airalo)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    Red pocket might allow you switch carriers now. You have to do it close to the end of your monthly cycle. You will need a CDMAV sim card. You should be able to request one or buy one off ebay.
    A few months ago I was able to switch my yearly pan from one carrier to another - I just had to buy the appropriate new SIM.
    Check out my Reno Area Wireless Information & Cellular Guide website for cell site location maps, pictures & more https://RenoWirelessInfo.com

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile & Sprint (via Google Fi), AT&T (via Red Pocket Mobile and Airalo)
    Feedback Score
    There's been a few r/NoContract posts about VoLTE now working on Red Pocket. I'm using GSMA and have an iPhone 11 (unlocked, purchased via Apple upgrade program) and received a carrier update to Red Pocket 40.2 which enabled "Enable LTE" and Wi-Fi Calling" in Cellular settings. Wi-Fi Calling now works, but VoLTE does not. When I place a call, the "LTE" indicator drops to "3G" and the sound quality is sub-par. Interestingly I can use data/internet using 3G data simultaneously during a call. Others in the subreddit with other iPhone models have stated that VoLTE is working for them. So I'm guessing there's an issue with the DSDS (eSIM) iPhones, or maybe AT&T has to whitelist my iPhone?

My ultimate goal is to be able to use the new iOS 13 feature where the cellular data of one carrier can be used to make IMS/Wi-Fi Calling calls on the other.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RenoWirelessGuru View Post
    A few months ago I was able to switch my yearly pan from one carrier to another - I just had to buy the appropriate new SIM.
    Yep just switched from ATT to Verizon with a CDMA SIM card I already had lying around. You can switch one time, but can't switch again without buying a new plan.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    You don't have to switch at the end of your monthly cycle. It's just smart to do so, since it cancels out the rest of the month you already paid for.

I switched a line from RP AT&T to Verizon a year ago. I don't recall it being difficult. Did it via online chat. At the time RP did not support VoLTE, MMS, or personal hotspot on an iPhone with AT&T, so it seemed stupid to stay with it when I could shift it to Verizon and have all the features enabled.

Of course, those features are now all enabled on RP AT&T iPhone. I signed up a second line recently with an annual plan.

Speaking of which, let me pass along this tidbit to iPhone users that I just learned about it. It cleared up some confusion for me, so maybe it will help somebody else.

On the Verizon line the iPhone has settings to enable or disable LTE calling. This setting is missing from the iPhone on AT&T. Based on my internet sleuthing, it seems that this setting disappeared from AT&T iPhones with the introduction of iOS 13. There are a number of discussion threads where people with AT&T postpaid complained about it -- because they want to shut off VoLTE calls due to what they feel are excessive drops and poor quality!

The moral of this story is ... don't be like me and look for this setting as an indication of whether or not your RP AT&T iPhone is getting VoLTE. The setting won't be there either way. I guess the only way to know is to see whether your phone drops off LTE when making a voice call.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Yep just switched from ATT to Verizon with a CDMA SIM card I already had lying around. You can switch one time, but can't switch again without buying a new plan.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app
    What happens to the remainder of your plan? Forfeited?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Just for that month. That's why it's best to do the switch near the end of your monthly cycle

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast