Thread: Any Other Unlimited Tracfone peeps yet?

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score

Question Any Other Unlimited Tracfone peeps yet?

Still fighting to get the paygo balances restored after trying the Unlimited Plan last fall.

Just trying to see who else is out there that might have tried it and your experience(s).

We tried to do the auto-pay and it would not renew the data each month. And if we tried to buy the 1gb card, it would not credit to the account.

We're still on the fence, lol. (It's a good deal (for us) if it would work!)
    (Our) Phone History At-a-Glance:
    '08-on Tracfone (Vz) using:
    1. '19- : Vzw on Moto E5 (with unl talk $30)
    2. '17-'19 : BYOP(Vzw) on UsC Moto E4 + LG Rebel 3
    3. '16-'17 : BYOP(Vzw) on HTC Desire 526
    4. '14-'16 : Huawei Glory H868C
    5. '12-'14 : LG800g
    6. '08-'12 : Motorola W376g
    '05-'08 Verizon & Sprint used: Moto Razr+LG Cosmos 2 & LG Optimus '05
    '03-'05 Alltel & Cingular
    '01 AT&T

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    <Tracfone < Boom < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Autopay for the $20 UL 1GB plan has worked flawlessly since November.

The TF my account app at first showed both paygo & UL TT & data amounts, but not for the past month. Then it started showing

the UL 1GB countdown thru the month, the when that’s depleted, it shows the paygo data remaining - that’s the case at the moment.

Feedback Score
    Does it use the paygo when the 1GB is gone, or just stop data and show you what you'll get when UL expires?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracbourne View Post
    We tried to do the auto-pay and it would not renew the data each month. And if we tried to buy the 1gb card, it would not credit to the account.

We're still on the fence, lol. (It's a good deal (for us) if it would work!)
    Oh no. I just put my aunt on the $20 plan and after the first month (with AP) her 1GB data did not renew either. It took several chats to get it manually added and they assured me it would be fine at the next renewal, which I doubt. I'll probably move her off - I may chance it with one more auto pay renewal to see if data renews on its own.
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 11 eSIM
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 11 dual-SIM [AT&T] & iPhone XS [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10) + iPad Mini 4 w/ T-Mobile LTE

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    <Tracfone < Boom < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taxmantoo View Post
    Does it use the paygo when the 1GB is gone, or just stop data and show you what you'll get when UL expires?
    Yes, it starts using the pay-as-you-go data when the UL monthly plan data is depleted - in this case 1GB plan.

I’ve added data to the pay go reserve mid plan cycle as well - using TracFone reviewer site promo codes to get 1.5Gb for $10.

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLand_BoY View Post
    Oh no. I just put my aunt on the $20 plan and after the first month (with AP) her 1GB data did not renew either. It took several chats to get it manually added and they assured me it would be fine at the next renewal, which I doubt. I'll probably move her off - I may chance it with one more auto pay renewal to see if data renews on its own.
    Yes that was our experience... Thankfully we had text BALANCE to 611611 the day before renewal and day of (past bad experience teaches a user to be diligent) and so it took a couple quick chats to get the plan data to show up on both accounts, plus the missing purchased 1GB of pay-go (with no promo codes).

This time we'd started the unlimited plan prior to purchasing an HSN bundle, we still don't have the promo minutes from that deal!

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Name:  IMG_1743.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  25.1 KB

Well.. here’s a twist. My aunt’s plan just renewed for the second time, this is going into the third month. If she used no data, she should be at 3GB. She had WiFi off on her new iPhone for a week and was down to 275ish MB the first month. Next month, no data was added so I had them manually add it = 1.25GB a month ago. Getting them to manually add it was a PITA and took several reps and a good chunk of my time.

Now.. there’s the expected 1.25GB under “other plan” (??) and 1.8GB for the unlimited T&T monthly plan. Not sure where the 1.8 came from. Grand total should be 2.25GB, not 3.05.

I have no clue what’s going on but it does look like she was credited for at least her 1GB data so I’m leaving her line for now. I bought her iPhone from Apple directly so at least I can move her to whatever carrier. Like many of us here, she has the means to go postpaid but she’s thrifty and isn’t on her phone 24/7 so if she can save a buck, she’s happy. A little more work on my end but I guess it’s a good challenge

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score
    So to update our experience, we've been created the PayGo bundle airtime for one line, we're still waiting on the other line to be credited!