Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Judge approves $26 billion merger of T-Mobile and Sprint

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

Judge approves $26 billion merger of T-Mobile and Sprint

Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Don’t believe that one bit of that. just more fake news. Sure you have some that have a deprioritzed MVNO like Mint Mobile that claim they are a T-Mobile customers when they are not. Then you got some one that has a old Non-Data $5 month account on T-Mobile on a obsolete phone that spends every post attacking T-Mobile. What $5 a month grandfather account just proves everyone that is claiming T-Mobile is raising prices are just lying by spreading FUD ( Fear Uncertainty and Doubt). That is why I think Verizon and AT&T are hiring people to attach T- Mobile customers with lies and FUD. The merger is approved and all the crying is just sour grapes from the people that were wrong about the merger all allow with the FUD. If you are. Really T-Mobile customer and against the merger then be a man and cancel your T-Mobile account.

I hate AT&T to the bone. However I don’t disrespect their boards and conservatives on their board by telling them FUD and how much I hate AT&T because I respect their board conversations.
    Any of my fellow T-Mobile haters get paid by their carriers yet? AT&T owes me some cash for bashing T-Mobile. They specifically asked me to come on hofo to say I don’t support the merger and that I hate T-Mobile. The criteria is you have to have a hofo account and post in your respective carrier forums daily with specific instructions to come into the T-Mobile forum and bash T-Mobile and the merger. AT&T monitors the forums so I have no choice but to post what they wish. Makes sense since their paying me to do so. Rumor has it AT&T and Verizon conspired this together.
    Hartford, CT Area

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Red Pocket (VZ)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Funny at least half the anti-merger people are T-Mobile supporters. I'm not a T-Mobile customer but I was for the merger because unlike those that can't see the situation for what it is, this merger will lead to better plans and lower prices for EVERYONE. Face it if your area now has T-Mobile coverage equal to or better than at&t and Verizon why would you go with either carrier if T-Mobile is offering better plans at cheaper prices? when enough Verizon an at&t customers leave the will be forced to adapt
    It's true that a lot of anti-merger people are T-Mobile supporters. However, this merger WILL NOT lead to lower prices or better plans. That's not how a market works. It might offer more competition in the home broadband market and create more rural broadband coverage, but it WILL increase prices and reduce competition in the wireless market. That's just how economics work.

T-Mobile could have built out coverage equal to AT&T and Verizon on their own, but they didn't. If they want to do that now, they're that much farther behind the game and will have to work that much harder to catch up after the merger integration activities.

Quote Originally Posted by trees12 View Post
    Which company would have bought Sprint? It didn't look like any company ,but T-Mobile was interested in buying Sprint. It seems like wishful thinking on your part. Regardless if the merger went through or not the US would have dropped from 4 major carriers to 3 carriers. Because Sprint was going to disappear with or without the merger. This merger is better for the entire country.
    There were a number of proposals for buying Sprint. Comcast/Charter/Altice would be one, Amazon another, or some sort of deal with DISH (although DISH doesn't have the capital to just outright buy them).

Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    I spent four months carrying an AT&T branded flagship phone next to my T-Mobile branded flagship phone, and testing the services against each other. My geographic area was fairly wide.

I found out that AT&T service was no better than T-Mobile overall. They were, at best, equivalent. And yet, as apples to apples as I could get their top service tiers, AT&T came out to be ten bucks more per month--and even then, AT&T's plan had a cap on hotspot data where my T-Mobile plan doesn't.
    So the problem with that test and analysis is that using T-Mobile postpaid means you're relying on a lot of AT&T roaming, which is heavily capped/throttled, and why the coverage appears to be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    We know, the only "real" TMobile customer they have is you. Everyone else just pays them for cell service, you have a "real" connection with them, on a spiritual, emotional and dare I say sensual level. We know.

Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Don’t believe that one bit of that. just more fake news. Sure you have some that have a deprioritzed MVNO like Mint Mobile that claim they are a T-Mobile customers when they are not..
    The problem is not capacity, it's coverage. Mint has access to all native T-Mobile coverage. Of course postpaid T-Mobile has much better coverage because it uses a lot of AT&T roaming and USCC extended to fill in huge areas where T-Mobile doesn't have their own coverage.

As of the most recent numbers I can find from a few months ago, AT&T has 70% 3G and 58% LTE coverage of the Lower 48, although that's already increased significantly, and they are currently claiming that when they are done with FirstNET, they will have a whopping 87.8% LTE coverage. T-Mobile only has 59%, and they're fudging the numbers more than the other carriers, Sprint has 27%, and Verizon has between 70 and 81% depending on who you ask, likely because there's some inconsistency in how to count roaming/LTEiRA partners. Obviously that's for the Lower 48, the numbers plummet if you include Alaska since only a small percentage of the state is covered by any carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    Not necessarily. If a merged T-Mo/Sprint are barred from operating in California, New T-Mo can sue, and T-Mo will continue to appeal if they lose until some high-enough federal court overrules CA on a commerce clause basis (and they will! Next to the Constitution, the commerce clause is probably the Fed's most hallowed legal dogma! I'll just cost both sides more time and resources.
    Or we end up with Sprint as a regional California-only carrier? That would be... weird.

Feedback Score
    No news is good news. Good news for whom?
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.50otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 04.11.20

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tritron7 View Post
    It seems son and trump are buddies and since Donald trump appointed all officers who approved the Merger I am sure there was some Son trump deal made. Someone could research donations made by softbank Son to Trump
    Best to leave the political crap out of the threads

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Red Pocket (VZ)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyjones View Post
    Best to leave the political crap out of the threads
    It's intertwined with the T-Sprint disaster. It's yet another symptom of the corruption.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tritron7 View Post
    It seems son and trump are buddies and since Donald trump appointed all officers who approved the Merger I am sure there was some Son trump deal made. Someone could research donations made by softbank Son to Trump
    Which one of his sons ? Donald or Eric ?
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    It's intertwined with the T-Sprint disaster. It's yet another symptom of the corruption.
    This corruption thing is just something you have made up. The DOJ and FCC approved this merger. In addition, Judge Victor approved this merger correctly and fairly.
    Manners cost nothing, and also have the added benefit of making a man. You know, it is entirely possible to rise above others, without stooping to pushing them under, and putting them down.
    My Sister is a supervisor at T-Mobile's Salem Oregon Call center. Loyal T-Mobile customer of 15 Years.

Feedback Score
    It's geometrically progressed recently. All told this just being a part it's in the hundreds of billions ill-gotten.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I am once again going to remind you all that this thread is not for complaining, hypothesizing, or projecting about your or anyone else's particular brand of politics. If something is factual and related to politics, it is fair game to be part of the discussion, as it's hard to discuss a topic like this with no mention of it at all.

But, comments about how your particular politics are or aren't being supported by those involved in the merger, slights towards those that think one way or another and so on aren't allowed.

Basically, like I'm always trying to remind you of...don't be *******s to each other, be respectful, and know that there's a time and place for everything...these forums aren't the place for your personal thoughts on politics and the state of politics in this country.

Become a Premium Member or Advertiser here!
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

There were a number of proposals for buying Sprint. Comcast/Charter/Altice would be one, Amazon another, or some sort of deal with DISH (although DISH doesn't have the capital to just outright buy them).

Or we end up with Sprint as a regional California-only carrier? That would be... weird.

Again none of these suitors you claim proposed to buy Sprint ever actually show any real interest in doing so.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Again none of these suitors you claim proposed to buy Sprint ever actually show any real interest in doing so.
    Yeah. It's one thing to show up at an auction. It's quite another to actually raise your hand.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    This corruption thing is just something you have made up. The DOJ and FCC approved this merger. In addition, Judge Victor approved this merger correctly and fairly.
    Yes but by trump appointed people in the majority so thus political and why California and New York hate the merger. I think T-Mobile will have court challenge at the very last time for appeal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score

Judge approves $26 billion merger of T-Mobile and Sprint

Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    Depends on where you get your facts, and what audience your statements are directed at. Prior to the merger, SoftBank said they'd invest in Sprint. At the trial, SoftBank said they wouldn't.

As a dumb analogy, if you bad mouth your spouse for years, and then they suddenly turn up dead, you'll sing a different tune about your opinion of them at your murder trial. SoftBank and Sprint had a far lower opinion of Sprint's prospects at the merger trial, when tales of a doomed Sprint were an important part of the merger narrative, than they did pre-merger or to their investors.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Sprint is not in as dire shape as T-Mobile and Sprint say. How is that? Simple sprint has spectrum that is worth a ton and actually has more then Verizon in mid band. Well someone like a cable company or dish network will purchase them either in a bankruptcy filing for cheap or in a post not approved T-Mobile merger. Keep in mind the T-Mobile merger is by no means fully approved yet. We have the Tunney act review in DC and the California PUC. Will the new T-Mobile decide not to do business in California if they do t approve if in California, me thinks not! I think the Tunney act review will be against the merger and the only way the merger was approved was the deal with dish. So if the judge denies the dish deal then the remedy is gone and is anti competitive and the deal is off

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_j001 View Post
    I am once again going to remind you all that this thread is not for complaining, hypothesizing, or projecting about your or anyone else's particular brand of politics. If something is factual and related to politics, it is fair game to be part of the discussion, as it's hard to discuss a topic like this with no mention of it at all.

But, comments about how your particular politics are or aren't being supported by those involved in the merger, slights towards those that think one way or another and so on aren't allowed.

Basically, like I'm always trying to remind you of...don't be *******s to each other, be respectful, and know that there's a time and place for everything...these forums aren't the place for your personal thoughts on politics and the state of politics in this country.
    In the current age of trump everything we do is political no matter how big or small. Because government pass laws and regulations everything we do from purchases to sleeping is all about politics. And I love the new age we are in

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    I'm sure TMobile would prefer not to do this. I would suspect they settle. If it goes to court I'd suspect tmobile would win anyways. TMobile says they want it to close April 1st, but I believe their new agreement with Sprint has a date on June 1st to expire, so they gave themselves a little wiggle room just in case.
    The best hope for blocking the merger is the Tunney act as it involves the method as to why the merger was approved. If you block the remedy of dish as dish may not be a viable replacement for sprint then the approval is no longer valid as with out the remedy the deal is anti competitive. I really do think a cable company or dish network will buy sprint if deal is not approved fully.

So let’s say the dc judge denies the merger remedy what then?

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast