Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Judge approves $26 billion merger of T-Mobile and Sprint

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    No one believes any of these T-Mobile haters that come here only only to trash a network like T- Mobile that they are clueless about in every way since they aren’t even real customers. Really does anyone think they are getting happy T-Mobile customers to switch to the other overpriced and overrated networks?
    We know, the only "real" TMobile customer they have is you. Everyone else just pays them for cell service, you have a "real" connection with them, on a spiritual, emotional and dare I say sensual level. We know.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Funny at least half the anti-merger people are T-Mobile supporters. I'm not a T-Mobile customer but I was for the merger because unlike those that can't see the situation for what it is, this merger will lead to better plans and lower prices for EVERYONE. Face it if your area now has T-Mobile coverage equal to or better than at&t and Verizon why would you go with either carrier if T-Mobile is offering better plans at cheaper prices? when enough Verizon an at&t customers leave the will be forced to adapt
    Don’t believe that one bit of that. just more fake news. Sure you have some that have a deprioritzed MVNO like Mint Mobile that claim they are a T-Mobile customers when they are not. Then you got some one that has a old Non-Data $5 month account on T-Mobile on a obsolete phone that spends every post attacking T-Mobile. What $5 a month grandfather account just proves everyone that is claiming T-Mobile is raising prices are just lying by spreading FUD ( Fear Uncertainty and Doubt). That is why I think Verizon and AT&T are hiring people to attach T- Mobile customers with lies and FUD. The merger is approved and all the crying is just sour grapes from the people that were wrong about the merger all allow with the FUD. If you are. Really T-Mobile customer and against the merger then be a man and cancel your T-Mobile account.

I hate AT&T to the bone. However I don’t disrespect their boards and conservatives on their board by telling them FUD and how much I hate AT&T because I respect their board conversations.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Don’t believe that one bit of that. just more fake news. Sure you have some that have a deprioritzed MVNO like Mint Mobile that claim they are a T-Mobile customers when they are not. Then you got some one that has a old Data-Only $5 month T-Mobile on a obsolete phone that spends every post attacking T-Mobile. What $5 a month grandfather account just proves everyone that is claiming T-Mobile is raising prices are just lying by spreading FUD ( Fear Uncertainty and Doubt). That is why I think Verizon and AT&T are hiring people to attach T- Mobile customers with lies and FUD. The merger is approved and all the crying is just sour grapes from the people that were wrong about the merger all allow with the FUD. If you are. Really T-Mobile customer and against the merger then be a man and cancel your T-Mobile account.

I hate AT&T to the bone. However I don’t disrespect their boards and conservatives there telling them how much I hate AT&T because I respect their board conversations.
    TMobile claims mint mobile are TMobile customers....but you claim they aren't now? What about deprioritized plans such as metro or TMobile essentials? Are they not "real" TMobile customers also? Lol the only "real" customers are the ones that sign up for the most expensive plans huh? So TMobile only has around 35ish million "real" customers then? Wow, that's a far cry from the 80+ million they advertise. Do they know you made that rule?

Yea yeah yeah, everyone's attacking TMobile. Good thing they have you here to protect their honor. How dare anyone suggest TMobile operates like any other publicly traded company. Those people should be flogged.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    ...Quick question, what incentive does tmobile have to engage at&t and verizon in a price war and a race to the bottom for consumer accounts? In your words they don't do this now ), and they take almost 100% of the market growth right now. What incentive will they have to do this on a consumer level post merger. Now, you can make the claim they will be better suited to take on verizon and at&t in corporate accounts, and very well may engage them in a price war over those, how does that benefit the average consumer though.
    Silly that people don't see this.

Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    don't forget, he's a lawyer too--one who doesn't hesitate to give out free advice, no less.
    IF this directed at me I never claimed to be a lawyer. I've said probably a hundred times here on Hofo IANAL.

Quote Originally Posted by dzuchowski71 View Post
    Why does everyone state the merger is a go? The fact is it is not a go at least yet. It is not a forgone conclusion yet. The tuney act review may stop if the remedy of dish is not enough tot the California PUC which hates trump with a passion says no as T-Mobile will not want to pu out of California so thus killing the deal
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    We know, the only "real" TMobile customer they have is you. Everyone else just pays them for cell service, you have a "real" connection with them, on a spiritual, emotional and dare I say sensual level. We know.
    LMAO.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.50otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 04.11.20

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    ....... if the remedy of dish is not enough tot the California PUC which hates trump with a passion says no .......
    Can someone please explain what the frack Trump has to do with this. Anyone who's been around more than 6 months knows that there is no love loss between T-Mobile and Trump. J.L. and Trump even got into a twitter storm a while back in during which Trump trashed T-Mobile's service.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Can someone please explain what the frack Trump has to do with this. Anyone who's been around more than 6 months knows that there is no love loss between T-Mobile and Trump. J.L. and Trump even got into a twitter storm a while back in during which Trump trashed T-Mobile's service.
    I'm not a huge Trump guy myself, shocking I know ..but I agree, Trump really has nothing to do with this. What I think they were trying to say though was, they may vote no, just because, just to "stick it to" the other side. This is a real thing. I personally think it's pointless and stupid, and it is a thing both sides do. I don't think they vote no though, but, if they wanted to be a pain, they could and force a court case. I'm positive TMobile wants to do business in California.

Feedback Score
    Everything as trump supports the merger as he had or still has T-Mobile. T-Mobile execs stayed at his dc hotel. Since trump put his approval on it California will stop at nothing to stop anything trump likes... yes trump trashed T-Mobile years ago got over it just like I trashed T-Mobile and got over it and went back to T-Mobile. Trump is president and his doj and fcc both approved it thus enough to have California kill the deal with a lawsuit and an expected appeal by California

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Everything as trump supports the merger as he had or still has T-Mobile. T-Mobile execs stayed at his dc hotel. Since trump put his approval on it California will stop at nothing to stop anything trump likes... yes trump trashed T-Mobile years ago got over it just like I trashed T-Mobile and got over it and went back to T-Mobile. Trump is president and his doj and fcc both approved it thus enough to have California kill the deal with a lawsuit and an expected appeal by California

Interstate commerce is controlled at the Federal level... so little they can do. It's a done deal. Cali can block it, it still goes through. T-Mobile then simply sells both brands in California, and the lawsuit is still for nought.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloTF View Post
    Interstate commerce is controlled at the Federal level... so little they can do. It's a done deal. Cali can block it, it still goes through. T-Mobile then simply sells both brands in California, and the lawsuit is still for nought.
    I'm sure TMobile would prefer not to do this. I would suspect they settle. If it goes to court I'd suspect tmobile would win anyways. TMobile says they want it to close April 1st, but I believe their new agreement with Sprint has a date on June 1st to expire, so they gave themselves a little wiggle room just in case.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Stay on topic. There's a few people straying off topic and throwing personal attacks. I know who you are, so let this be a clear warning for those who are involved. As you should know by now, the staff as a wide ranging of options to deal with issues like this.

I thank the remaining members for staying on topic on a controversial issue like this.

Thank your for your cooperation.

Feedback Score
    I found similar. T-Mobile does everything att does for me at a much better price so no way I'd leave T-Mobile at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    I spent four months carrying an AT&T branded flagship phone next to my T-Mobile branded flagship phone, and testing the services against each other. My geographic area was fairly wide.

I found out that AT&T service was no better than T-Mobile overall. They were, at best, equivalent. And yet, as apples to apples as I could get their top service tiers, AT&T came out to be ten bucks more per month--and even then, AT&T's plan had a cap on hotspot data where my T-Mobile plan doesn't.

So yeah, why would I go with AT&T if T-Mo serves me just as well, using a better plan at a cheaper price?

I ended my test and gave the phone to my wife for her Cricket service.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    You refuse to believe facts given to you because it doesn't support your worldview? Got it. given Sprint's history of being utter garbage for 10 years or more I'm hard pressed to see how you think they were going to magically turn things around?
    Depends on where you get your facts, and what audience your statements are directed at. Prior to the merger, SoftBank said they'd invest in Sprint. At the trial, SoftBank said they wouldn't.

As a dumb analogy, if you bad mouth your spouse for years, and then they suddenly turn up dead, you'll sing a different tune about your opinion of them at your murder trial. SoftBank and Sprint had a far lower opinion of Sprint's prospects at the merger trial, when tales of a doomed Sprint were an important part of the merger narrative, than they did pre-merger or to their investors.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Feedback Score
    It seems son and trump are buddies and since Donald trump appointed all officers who approved the Merger I am sure there was some Son trump deal made. Someone could research donations made by softbank Son to Trump

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloTF View Post
    Only half true as California can block it on a state level and stop T-Mobile from being in California but they want the California market then T-Mobile is forced to stop the deal

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Only half true as California can block it on a state level and stop T-Mobile from being in California but they want the California market then T-Mobile is forced to stop the deal

Not necessarily. If a merged T-Mo/Sprint are barred from operating in California, New T-Mo can sue, and T-Mo will continue to appeal if they lose until some high-enough federal court overrules CA on a commerce clause basis (and they will! Next to the Constitution, the commerce clause is probably the Fed's most hallowed legal dogma! I'll just cost both sides more time and resources.

I assume CA, like the states who settled prior to the trial, is simply looking to squeeze a few more job and price guarantees and/or concessions from T-Mo, and it's obviously in the interest of both to find some common ground.

While I was, and am anti-merger, I'm also against a single state overruling the presumed will of the other 49. The anti-merger contingent will have had our due process, and should accept the loss and move on! Besides, we'll need to save our strength for the coming 2022 AT&Terizon merger..

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast