Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Judge approves $26 billion merger of T-Mobile and Sprint

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    Good point. The next time I read about how automobiles were the most important invention of the 20th century, I'll remember that actually the paved road was, because without paved roads, automobiles are just 2-ton paperweights...

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Well technically you’ve just pointed out the concept of the off-road vehicle, lol. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Off-road_vehicle My favorite is the Land Rover Defender.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    Well technically you’ve just pointed out the concept of the off-road vehicle, lol. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Off-road_vehicle My favorite is the Land Rover Defender.
    To be fair, off-road was a category that developed decades after the automobile was invented. But that's ok- to flog the dead horse of our analogy, I'll offer this:
    https://satellitephonestore.com/cata...atellite-phone

It's the "off-road" smartphone. It's dual-SIM, working on both the paved roads of traditional LTE networks, and off-road with satellite connectivity. And unlimited satellite data plans start at just $2,750 a month!

--
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    Wondering what will happen to merge two networks will TMobile add hardware vice versa to non redundant coverage on either network now. I.e in my rural area Sprint has many more towers and coverage than T-Mobile. Will they add hardware to current Sprint sites as T-Mobile has subpar or no coverage? Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    Good point. The next time I read about how automobiles were the most important invention of the 20th century, I'll remember that actually the paved road was, because without paved roads, automobiles are just 2-ton paperweights...

Frankly, I would love for the governments to take over the responsibility for the airwaves they own, much like they take responsibility for the roads.

Let us by the devices, let them provide the pathways.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Judge approves $26 billion merger of T-Mobile and Sprint

Quote Originally Posted by buckspaul View Post
    Wondering what will happen to merge two networks will TMobile add hardware vice versa to non redundant coverage on either network now. I.e in my rural area Sprint has many more towers and coverage than T-Mobile. Will they add hardware to current Sprint sites as T-Mobile has subpar or no coverage? Any thoughts?
    Very Good Question

Where I live T-Mobile has a local tower with fast LTE & 5G while the nearest Sprint tower is several miles away and never got upgraded with Band 41

BUT Where I work Sprint has two sites closer than the nearest T-Mobile site with excellent coverage / fast speeds while T-Mobile has spotty coverage & congestion

Either way I feel some T-Mobile/Sprint customers will lose coverage while others will gain coverage as a result of this merger....

They aren’t going to keep sites they consider “redundant” even though they may be miles apart...

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buckspaul View Post

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    This article is old but it was their plan. The vast majority of all four networks are leasing space on a tower owned by a Tower business. Most of that time the equipment on that tower is also leased over time. It will take over a year to move all the customers plus any Sprint MVNO customers where there could have customers with only CDMA phones without LTE capabilities. This is the plan.

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...ll-suffer-most

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...5#post17118775

Thank you all for your replies to my thread. It allowed me to earn thread of this week. You guys are awesome here on HOFO.

Thank you to Judge Victor Marrero he saw the light and saw that this merger was best for the entire country. Thanks to our awesome attorney general Bill Barr at the DOJ for leading such a great department and making sure that DOJ approved the merger and pushed it forward. Thanks to everyone at the FCC for approving this merger.

Yes the California Utilities Commission still needs to approve merger, Tunnel Act review needs to be done, and the CWA lawsuit needs to be handled. As far as the CA Public Utilities Commission goes I don't see them being a problem. Worse case senario T-Mobile offers CA some concessions and throws them some money and then that gets approved. I doubt the district judge Victor would approve this merger if it violated the Tunnel Act.

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news...rint-challenge

Good news with NY Democrat AG announcing she won't appeal as she would most likely lose the appeal. Letitia James spearheaded and led the 12 or so other state and their AGs in this lawsuit. With their leader Letitia backing down and now willing to work with T-Mobile on this deal I sense the other states in the lawsuit with her will do the same. The CWA is garbage as we all know and their lawsuit is frivolous just another stall tacit that won't work.
    Manners cost nothing, and also have the added benefit of making a man. You know, it is entirely possible to rise above others, without stooping to pushing them under, and putting them down.
    My Sister is a supervisor at T-Mobile's Salem Oregon Call center. Loyal T-Mobile customer of 15 Years.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Attention

This preemptive warning is to remind every single one of you that direct discussion of politics that is in any way unrelated to this specific topic has no place here. I’ll add that even discussion of politics as it relates to this topic is frowned upon...I get that the fun thing to do these days is to be a prick to those who disagree with you, but I urge you to find some other place that will tolerate that, where people may care about it more than here. These forums are for cellular phone carrier and equipment discussions, so let’s keep it to that and enjoy the intelligent discussion and debate politely if need be.

Become a Premium Member or Advertiser here!
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    With their leader Letitia backing down and now willing to work with T-Mobile on this deal I sense the other states in the lawsuit with her will do the same.
    In the case of several states, it seems like they largely got 5G coverage guarantees (either by percentage pop, or specific areas where service is currently poor and they'd like better service.) Honestly most of this requirement is probably already met by popping 600mhz 5G on the existing sites; and some new buildout generally in areas where a 1900mhz buildout wouldn't have been very feasible but 600mhz buildout is. A few low-cost price plans, and some gaurantees about store closures. Perhaps Mr. James is advising other states to go ahead and take a similar deal?

Feedback Score
    The resultant prices if this settles are going to be terrible at least on the prepaid side.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.50otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 04.11.20

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    The resultant prices if this settles are going to be terrible at least on the prepaid side.
    What makes you say that?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    What makes you say that?
    Possibly worries that, without Sprint driving down prices on postpaid, and one less competitor for right now, that wholesale prices will go up.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Trying to simplify to 2 prepaid lines, one on the Verizon network and a limited minute plan on ATT to improve coverage area. 12 month plans to help me fight the urge to switch. The good old days of contracts where you had to pay a hefty ETF to leave

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Possibly worries that, without Sprint driving down prices on postpaid, and one less competitor for right now, that wholesale prices will go up.
    This is a valid point. There will be more competition for postpaid 5G services but much less scrapping for the crumbs of the low-end MVNO market. At least unless and until DISH actually stands up a network equivalent to Sprint's current network.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    The part that's worrisome about dish ever becoming an actual competitive MNO is dish isnt in great financial shape of their own. Their core business is dying, They will have to borrow heavily to complete any type of build out, and now are talking about buying direct TV from At&t. https://www.theverge.com/platform/am...ribers-q4-2019
    If Charlie cannot find an investor for his wireless venture, I don't see how dish does it. Where would the money come from.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    The part that's worrisome about dish ever becoming an actual competitive MNO is dish isnt in great financial shape of their own. Their core business is dying, They will have to borrow heavily to complete any type of build out, and now are talking about buying direct TV from At&t. https://www.theverge.com/platform/am...ribers-q4-2019
    If Charlie cannot find an investor for his wireless venture, I don't see how dish does it. Where would the money come from.
    Nowhere does it says Dish wants to BUY DirecTV it said MERGE.

Also could be Comcast, Charter and Altice might be interested in some sort of tie up. Comcast at the very least has some 600 MHz of it's own to add to Dish's spectrum portfolio.

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast