Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Judge approves $26 billion merger of T-Mobile and Sprint

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    ...Hello, notably of that group you mentioned is large enough (I forgot what their other names are but there are a few) that they'll survive and get a good wholesale contract from Tmobile or maybe AT&T if that is the case.
    Hello is small & very new. According to PrepaidCompare dot net:

Hello Mobile Profile
    Founded: 2019
    Approx Number of Lines: 10,000.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.50otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 04.11.20

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    ..........Now, when will TMO customers be able to use Sprint towers?
    Don't see it in the cards.

Feedback Score
    Oh good now that this is in the rear window letÂ’s hope T-Mobile will do VoLTE/HD Voice support with other carriers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Why not? Wasn't that part of the appeal?

Feedback Score
    Given the relative scarcity of actual Sprint towers, this was a "nice to have", not a big deal.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    Oh good now that this is in the rear window letÂ’s hope T-Mobile will do VoLTE/HD Voice support with other carriers.
    T-Mobile already does VoLTE with every network since over 85% plus of T-Mobile calls are over VoLTE. Also, in Florida I can see the “HD” icon pop up on my S9 when I am talking to my daughter 250 miles away that is using AT&T. It is crystal clear in HD sound. Now others people in other parts of the country don’t think the have HD between TM and AT&T.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    T-Mobile is going to eventually shut down Sprint’s CDMA network just like they did when they acquired MetroPCS. I was with MetroPCS and it was a lot harder back in 2013 with incompatible CDMA phones on MetroPCS and T-Mobile GSM that was before LTE. The plan is get every customer off Sprint’s network as fast as you can and Re-Farm the Sprint spectrum as you go to T-Mobile network. Anything that slows down that migration of customers to T-Mobile network would be a bad idea. This is going to be fast for most Sprint customers. The problem ones are the people that have old flip phones that are CDMA and doesn’t support VoLTE or LTE in some cases since Sprint only added LTE in about the last two years.

Also, ant Sprint MNVO’s customers that have incompatible phones is the major slowdown. Hopefully most of those will be Dish’s problem.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    No HD with Verizon here in DC yet. When I call my co-worker on T-Mobile, only his phone shows "HD". (LG Stylo 4) My Verizon phone does not say HD & it is definitely not high definition.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    It all depends on what you mean by “tower”. If it’s “elevated structure holding antennae”. I think the consensus was a couple of years. If you mean “wireless signals”. I think, for better or worse, it will be never. I think T-Mobile looked at Sprint’s network infrastructure and concluded that there was not much, other than some tower leases, worth saving. Now, I’d like to be wrong about this.

Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Given the relative scarcity of actual Sprint towers, this was a "nice to have", not a big deal.
    Well, Sprint has some tower leases around here that would be useful.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    No HD with Verizon here in DC yet. When I call my co-worker on T-Mobile, only his phone shows "HD". (LG Stylo 4) My Verizon phone does not say HD & it is definitely not high definition.
    That is why I said AT&T not Verizon. Sounds like this Verizon statement said about HD sound:

Any Verizon customer with a compatible phone and a postpaid calling plan is eligible. Please note that the following features are currently incompatible with HD Voice: Caller Name ID, Ringback Tones, and Slacker Radio Tones. Additional incompatible features apply for Business and Government customers.”.

Customers who add HD Voice and have a Video Calling-capable phone are eligible for Video Calling. Currently, this feature is not supported on iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and Nexus 6.”

https://www.verizonwireless.com/solu...ices/hd-voice/

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It all depends on what you mean by “tower”. If it’s “elevated structure holding antennae”. I think the consensus was a couple of years. If you mean “wireless signals”. I think, for better or worse, it will be never. I think T-Mobile looked at Sprint’s network infrastructure and concluded that there was not much, other than some tower leases, worth saving. Now, I’d like to be wrong about this.

Well, Sprint has some tower leases around here that would be useful.
    There was a old article about this when this merger started. It said that after the merger the New T-Mobile would have 110,000 towers and would reduce that to about 85,000 after the customers migration which is similar to the Towers that either AT&T or Verizon had at the time. The same article said T-Mobile would be adding about 50,000 small cells. I will look for the article.

Found the 2018 article but this was before the Dish concession. Above was just my memory of the old plan so if I quoted a wrong number above this was the original document. https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...ll-suffer-most

Feedback Score
    I found this article which described T-Mobile's intended migration procedure. It was just a one-way procedure from Sprint to T-Mobile:

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...-as-next-month

I expect this would still be the general guiding plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I think we should also thank Judge Marrero for seeing through the smoke.

I know many thought he’d rule the other way.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Marrero
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    I think we should also thank Judge Marrero for seeing through the smoke.

I know many thought he’d rule the other way.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Marrero
    Yeah he saw through all the fluff and smoke and vapor to see the reality of the situation. This is very good and I hope it sets a precedent when things like this happen elsewhere.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    T-Mobile already does VoLTE with every network since over 85% plus of T-Mobile calls are over VoLTE. Also, in Florida I can see the “HD” icon pop up on my S9 when I am talking to my daughter 250 miles away that is using AT&T. It is crystal clear in HD sound. Now others people in other parts of the country don’t think the have HD between TM and AT&T.
    I was referring to more about interoperability with Verizon and AT&T nationwide. Customers have commented on not seeing this. https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...y-with-Verizon https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...T-mobile-users

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast