Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Thread: Judge approves $26 billion merger of T-Mobile and Sprint

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The state shutdowns due to Covid 19 didn't start until late February or early March. It was expected that the judge would rule within just a few weeks after the initial announcement. If it is still under review, I agree that the decision will be delayed for now. My point is that I haven't heard anything new yet.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    The Supreme Court had an unprecedented "session" in which Justice Roberts alone delivered their decisions.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    The Supreme Court had an unprecedented "session" in which Justice Roberts alone delivered their decisions.
    So are you saying the decision was made?

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X505F using HoFo mobile app
    Speeds from my HTC Sensation The last one is Roadrunner-Way to impress, Time Warner

Feedback Score
    What has the Supreme Court to do with this? The Tunney Act review is in a Federal district court in DC as I remember.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MasonDoctorJT View Post
    So are you saying the decision was made?
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    What has the Supreme Court to do with this? The Tunney Act review is in a Federal district court in DC as I remember.
    The comment was how it is not currently "business as usual" for the courts. Even the Supreme Court is doing things they've never done before.
    Last edited by Serial Port; 03-26-2020 at 01:39 PM.

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    I agree very much!

Welcome!
    Thank you jet. I love the wealth of knowledge available to me here. Many great members here.

Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    The comment was how it is not currently "business as usual" for the courts. Even the Supreme Court is doing things they've never done before.
    Yes or no would be appropriate.

Sent from my LG-H918 using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by Serial Port; 03-26-2020 at 01:40 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Now we just need to wait till April 16th for the CPUC to vote in favor of the merger and all the hurdles will be cleared for T-Mobile and Sprint to officially merge.

T-Mobile and Sprint Close Merger As Judge Clears Deal With DOJ. Looks like the Tunnel Act review was completed Wednesday April 1, 2020.

On April 1st, 2020 A D.C. federal judge signed off Wednesday on the ... U.S. District Judge Timothy J. Kelly found that the DOJ merger clearance deal ... of review imposed on all transaction settlements by the Tunney Act. ... T-Mobile and Sprint first unveiled their merger plans in April 2018.

https://www.law360.com/corporate/art...-deal-with-doj
    Manners cost nothing, and also have the added benefit of making a man. You know, it is entirely possible to rise above others, without stooping to pushing them under, and putting them down.
    My Sister is a supervisor at T-Mobile's Salem Oregon Call center. Loyal T-Mobile customer of 16 Years.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    https://seekingalpha.com/news/356152...-t-mobile-deal

https://www.cpuc.ca.gov/uploadedFile...20T-Mobile.pdf

The California Public Utilities Commission has given approval to the merger of T-Mobile (NASDAQ:TMUS) and Sprint - removing a hurdle that the two carriers already ran around when they closed their deal April 1.

That resolves some worries and tension that withholding approval might lead to a dispute or litigation.

The approval was unanimous, though it came with conditions: New T-Mobile needs to offer 5G speeds of at least 300 Mbps to 93% of the state's population by the end of 2024 (and 100 Mbps to 99% by the end of 2026); it needs to offer 100 Mbps to 85% of the rural population and 50 Mbps to 94% of rural population by the end of 2026; it needs to offer fixed home Internet to at least 2.3M households within six years; and it needs to maintain or improve current 4G LTE quality and coverage.

It also needs to boost jobs in California by at least 1,000, and enroll at least 300,000 new LifeLine program customers.

The CPUC will appoint an independent monitor within 120 days to review compliance with the approval.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trees12 View Post
    https://seekingalpha.com/news/356152...-t-mobile-deal

https://www.cpuc.ca.gov/uploadedFile...20T-Mobile.pdf

The California Public Utilities Commission has given approval to the merger of T-Mobile (NASDAQ:TMUS) and Sprint - removing a hurdle that the two carriers already ran around when they closed their deal April 1.

That resolves some worries and tension that withholding approval might lead to a dispute or litigation.

The approval was unanimous, though it came with conditions: New T-Mobile needs to offer 5G speeds of at least 300 Mbps to 93% of the state's population by the end of 2024 (and 100 Mbps to 99% by the end of 2026); it needs to offer 100 Mbps to 85% of the rural population and 50 Mbps to 94% of rural population by the end of 2026; it needs to offer fixed home Internet to at least 2.3M households within six years; and it needs to maintain or improve current 4G LTE quality and coverage.

It also needs to boost jobs in California by at least 1,000, and enroll at least 300,000 new LifeLine program customers.

The CPUC will appoint an independent monitor within 120 days to review compliance with the approval.
    I’m curious though, since the deal was already cleared and approved by the DOJ does this even matter. I guess what I’m saying is can T-Mo just say “nope, we aren’t going to follow those conditions.”

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    About time California got with the program.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeInPa View Post
    I’m curious though, since the deal was already cleared and approved by the DOJ does this even matter. I guess what I’m saying is can T-Mo just say “nope, we aren’t going to follow those conditions.”
    I don't think T-Mobile was ever asked if the DOJ/CPUC conditions are acceptable. They are just being told these are the rules. It would take litigation to protest, which I doubt T-Mobile wants at this point.

http://docs.cpuc.ca.gov/PublishedDoc.../333367934.PDF

Feedback Score
    Again if dish fails to purchase boost as now they are talking June for any possible purchase date of boost. I think of deal falls thru and another company won’t be able to finance it then deal is dead trial to break up T-Mobile mark my words end of story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dzuchowski71 View Post
    Again if dish fails to purchase boost as now they are talking June for any possible purchase date of boost. I think of deal falls thru and another company won’t be able to finance it then deal is dead trial to break up T-Mobile mark my words end of story

Time to start shorting T-Mobile stock
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dzuchowski71 View Post

If Dish fails on it's part is has no effect on the T-Mobile/Sprint merger. Integration has already begun you're not putting the genie back in the bottle

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23