Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Judge approves $26 billion merger of T-Mobile and Sprint

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post

The reality is that Sprint and T-Mobile customers are lower quality than AT&T and Verizon customers.
    No, that's your attempt to bash the customers of those two carriers without any factual information. You've been given every opportunity to provide objective information on any metric and have failed to do so. Clearly you're a staunch supporter of the duopoly and feel the need to go on the offensive against the customers of the company that will threaten the duopoly's position.

They've got more sites with more speed than anyone else. Verizon is already way ahead of AT&T and T-Mobile
    They've only got tiny areas in 34 cities per their own website:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/5g/coverage-map/

Let's compare that to T-Mobile:

"December 2, 2019 — It’s on! T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) today lit up the country’s first nationwide 5G network, covering more than 200 million people and more than 5,000 cities and towns all across the country. Today’s launch immediately catapults T-Mobile into the leadership position as the country’s biggest 5G network, covering more than 1 million square miles, much of that in rural America."

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/americ...ide-5g-network

Your statement that "Verizon has done a lot more with 5G than any other carrier. " is just completely false. They've actually done a lot less.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post

They've got more sites with more speed than anyone else. Verizon is already way ahead of AT&T and T-Mobile, and it's just the beginning. Will anyone care? Not really, but Verizon has a huge opportunity with home broadband that the others likely won't in the near future.
    Verizon 5G network is a pathetic tiny joke. Verizon only coves a postage stamp size area with 5G in a few major cities. It is the worst 5G coverage of any major network. Fact is Sprint is far a head of the the other three networks if speed with coverage is a part of the ratings. In a few weeks Sprint will be owned by T-Mobile that is the best 5G where it is deployed. People can use Sprint or T-Mobile 5G in a car or some building but at least T-Mobile/Sprint 5G works if it is raining unlike Verizon 5G. Who give a crap about Verizon speed when it won’t even connect to a 5G phone except 6% of the time on a clear day outside as long as you don’t move one step. Anything that only works 6% of the time is useless. The pathetic Verizon 5G only covers only about 0.001% of nation and what tiny amount of 5G is absolutely worthless for anything other than running a static speed test.

I sure hope Verizon customers sue them for pretending to have a working 5G network when they sell their customers a 5G phonen nationwide. Verizon is all over Florida TV advertising Verizon great 5G that is 50 miles away and doesn’t work except in a few blocks if it isn’t raining and you are lucky enough to connect. No one cares how fast Verizon 5G is if it doesn’t connect even in the tiny area of coverage.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 03-15-2020 at 09:23 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wow. This thread has turned into a giant “pi***ng match”.

Everyone is just picking facts to fit their argument or point of view. For the sake of argument who is the best team in football this year. Is it the chiefs because they won the Super Bowl or is it the 49ers because they actually won more games this year.

Who decides what “stat” makes the best 5g network, is it raw speed or coverage. If you pick 5g coverage then no doubt T-Mo is the clear winner. If you pick speed then no one comes close to Verizon. Do you blend the two then AT&T is likely the winner but it all depends on the individual market.

As far as the future no one knows how that will pan out as their are many pending factors. If the merger goes through then T-Mo will be in a great spot with all that 2.5 ghz spectrum. If not then sprint will have a lot of potential but no capital to do anything with it. Lastly the CBRS and C-Band auctions are still pending and whoever ends up with that be in a great spot as well and I’m guessing Verizon will buy as much of that up as they can.

Bottom line is that once the merger finishes T-Mo will have the resources to put together a heavy hitting network that will keep AT&T and Verizon on their toes forcing the other two to continue buying spectrum and updating their network. Performance will only get better for the end user on all networks the only thing up in the air is cost. Their is no telling if costs will eventually creep up or not

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The merger has been approved, only time will tell about what or when anything actually happens and this is the only known fact so far. We can all speculate until we are blue in the face, but nobody on this forum knows anything more than anyone else. Yes, it is true that we have a lot of armchair quarterbacks who think that they can predict the future, but nothing said here is guaranteed to be factual at this point. Virtually everything posted so far is based on an educated guess.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I’m will take Sprint 5G in Chicago at 249.9 Mbps that connects 45.7% of the time, Over Verizon 247 Mbps 5G that only connects 3.1% of the time in Chicago.
    https://assets.ctfassets.net/ob7bbcs...port_Final.pdf

Feedback Score

Judge approves $26 billion merger of T-Mobile and Sprint

Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    The merger has been approved, only time will tell about what or when anything actually happens and this is the only known fact so far. We can all speculate until we are blue in the face, but nobody on this forum knows anything more than anyone else. Yes, it is true that we have a lot of armchair quarterbacks who think that they can predict the future, but nothing said here is guaranteed to be factual at this point. Virtually everything posted so far is based on an educated guess.
    Really the merger has been approved? Since when has the merger been approved? Remember the Tunney act review? Until that happens who knows what will happen. Also will T-Mobile or any other company be around by end of the week as I have heard by Wednesday that the economy will be over and money will be worthless. If that is the case will there even be a sprint T-Mobile or any company for them to merge with? Also deals usually have a clause about certain levels of performance that need to be maintained and if they are not then the deal could be called off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I was referring to the Federal Regulators (FCC, FTC) and the shareholders who approved the merger. The issue about the Tunney Act Review came up later. To be honest, I forgot about the Tunney Act review.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    They've only got tiny areas in 34 cities per their own website:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/5g/coverage-map/

Let's compare that to T-Mobile:

"December 2, 2019 — It’s on! T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) today lit up the country’s first nationwide 5G network, covering more than 200 million people and more than 5,000 cities and towns all across the country. Today’s launch immediately catapults T-Mobile into the leadership position as the country’s biggest 5G network, covering more than 1 million square miles, much of that in rural America."

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/americ...ide-5g-network

Your statement that "Verizon has done a lot more with 5G than any other carrier. " is just completely false. They've actually done a lot less.
    Let's compare apples to apples. Sorry but lowband 5G is not much different than lowband 4G. Bragging about having lowband 5G is not much better than at&t bragging about 5Ge. When T-Mobile deploys Sprint's 2.5 GHz THEN they can start bragging about coverage. and yes mmwave deployments are small( by the way T-Mobile also has mmwave and guess what their mmwave deployments are small yet crickets on that. Hmmmm. )why is the assumption the deployments are AS IS and will never get better? The 5G "leader" in 2020 doesn't matter. That's like being the leader in a marathon after mile 1.

Feedback Score
    I hope for better coverage, better speeds from this merger and hopefully not changing the corporate culture.
    Why? Because I paid ETF to AT&T just to get over to the much cheaper TMO 100 min 5GB plan. Also jumped on the TMO original 55+ plan and traveled over Europe with it.
    Unfortunately driving around New England I run into issues. My N5x phone could not connect to service at Cape Neddick to get driving instructions. At work my wife phone did not get emails timely.
    Switched to Cricket groups. $25 for a few gigabytes of data and a peace of mind of having "unlimited" was good. Until last summer. My iPhone8 started behaving strangely. Messages got delayed for 10s of minutes, battery depleted faster. I was denied premium service of low band connection. Went to an AT&T store and asked for two lines of postpaid 3 GB shared plan. You say $100 is a fair price? Being put on a device protection for my 2 year old phone without asking is also fair game? I guess I am a low quality custumer.
    At that time I had XFinity cable, so went over there. My wife was still complaining. XFinity raised internet speed and their price by $20 also without asking.
    Since AT&T has a debt burden high enough to provide a prepaid plan for $300 a year, got a pair of that one. I live in a Boston, yet at home the signal is still weak for my iPhone8. So got Visible/Verizon for me. My wife stays on AT&T.
    Put the extra AT&T SIM into an iPad. No, you can not have that. Put that SIM into a hotspot. No you can not have that either. The data you have is for a phone.
    Got a TMO data only service, the $10 plan for my iPad. It works. Put it into a hotspot, it works. Put it into phone, it works.
    And I wonder for how long will I be able to get unlimited service for $25 on the big two.
    That is why I am hoping that TMO will succeed yet keep their customer need over their corporate profits in sight.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I was referring to the Federal Regulators (FCC, FTC) and the shareholders who approved the merger. The issue about the Tunney Act Review came up later. To be honest, I forgot about the Tunney Act review.
    Off topic but I apologize for my thread response to you a few weeks ago. I must have been having a bad day

Feedback Score
    Will there ever be a Tunney act review? The merger can’t close until then?

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hi all

new to the forum. just want to say I am very excited about the merger. A combined tmobile and sprint should give att and verizon some serious competition. tmobile may even go second place.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Buttler View Post
    Hi all

new to the forum. just want to say I am very excited about the merger. A combined tmobile and sprint should give att and verizon some serious competition. tmobile may even go second place.
    I agree very much!

Welcome!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I went back to the articles about the the Tunney Act review and saw that it was announced in Mid-January and that the judge was reviewing it. So far, no ruling either way and no new comments. I wonder if it is still under review.

Feedback Score

Judge approves $26 billion merger of T-Mobile and Sprint

I went back to the articles about the the Tunney Act review and saw that it was announced in Mid-January and that the judge was reviewing it. So far, no ruling either way and no new comments. I wonder if it is still under review.
    I think until corona virus is done then the ruling will come down against the merger. I think with the drop in value with the stock market that the deal is done as banks will pull out within the next few weeks. I predict 10k or lower Dow.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast