Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Looks like TMobile is getting their merger

Device(s)
    Iphone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Done deal - Tmobile and Sprint want the i's dotted by April.

Hopefully they'll release an expected timeline for changes between now and then.

Sprint stock up 70+% this morning.

Feedback Score
    So why does any entity in California have to approve this?

Insanity. California needs to slip off into the ocean.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    People are saying it won’t close until ca votes on it. From what I read they have to vote by July but could extend it further than that.

Can ca really delay the deal at this point?

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post

It remains to be seen how much SoftBank has an influence on the new company. Lemme guess.... you love SoftBank now!!!!! Lol
    There you go again making up stuff to insult people that like T-Mobile service and then laugh about statement to taunt them. Got real sick of people claiming we all love and worship John Legere and calling T-Mobile a cult. For the record I could care less about SoftBank as a minority stock holder in T- Mobile USA. Also for the record I don’t care SoftBank has invested $7.6 Billion in Uber’s stock since I prefer using Lyft.

What I like about T-Mobile is where I live, work and play T-Mobile is the best network already and will get much better now after they Re-farm Sprint’s spectrum. I don’t know why some Verizon and AT&T customers hate the fact that T-Mobile is becoming more competitive with the other two networks.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 02-11-2020 at 11:21 AM.

Feedback Score
    Only problem is they aren’t just another minority holder, they now own 27% of the company and are the second largest holder of the new company. They aren’t some guy who owns 100 shares.
    That just means they'll be entitled to more dividends than the guy who owns 100 shares (if the new T-mobile pays any dividends). But from what I've seen of the board and executive structure of new company, Son doesn't have any meaningful say. His board members are in the minority and can be outvoted every time by DT's members. And that's as it should be. T-Mobile execs are the one who are running a company that still has numerous customer gains every quarter:

"T-Mobile added 1.86 million customers in the fourth quarter of 2019, bringing it up to a total of 86.0 million customers."

https://www.tmonews.com/2020/02/t-mo...-year-5m-adds/

Look Son is just thanking his lucky stars that the merger went through and he doesn't have to figure out what to do as Sprint crashes and burns (along with his investment.) He can just cash his checks from T-Mobile and go run his other companies now. I have zero concerns that he is going to involve himself with T-Mobile operations whatsoever. He has basically been parked on the sidelines as an observer. Simple as that.

Device(s)
    Iphone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Look Son is just thanking his lucky stars that the merger went through and he doesn't have to figure out what to do as Sprint crashes and burns (along with his investment.) He can just cash his checks from T-Mobile and go run his other companies now. I have zero concerns that he is going to involve himself with T-Mobile operations whatsoever. He has basically been parked on the sidelines as an observer. Simple as that.
    DT controls north of 40% of the stock with total control over the board and voting shares while SoftBank will own less than 30% and from what I've read no voting shares.

Son just stopped sweating. He can't sell his new shares anytime soon but they are now a solid asset as opposed to 'Sprint'.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    Son just stopped sweating. He can't sell his new shares anytime soon but they are now a solid asset as opposed to 'Sprint'.

I completely agree with this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    There you go again making up stuff to insult people that like T-Mobile service and then laugh about statement to taunt them. Got real sick of people claiming we all love and worship John Legere and calling T-Mobile a cult. For the record I could care less about SoftBank as a minority stock holder in T- Mobile USA. Also for the record I don’t care SoftBank has invested $7.6 Billion in Uber’s stock since I prefer using Lyft.

What I like about T-Mobile is where I live, work and play T-Mobile is the best network already and will get much better now after they Re-farm Sprint’s spectrum. I don’t know why some Verizon and AT&T customers hate the fact that T-Mobile is becoming more competitive with the other two networks.
    It's insulting TMobile and their users to claim SoftBank owns 27% of the company? LOL. Alrighty.

Device(s)
    Iphone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I completely agree with this.
    Charlie Ergen was in the sweat box right next to Son, likely sweating more actually. Dish was just bailed out beyond belief as they would have faced the loss of their spectrum sans the merger.

I'm betting Dish is soon joined by a minority investor in their wireless venture now, someone who has the right to buy Dish out or become 50-50 once that is legally possible re the merger terms.

This could make sense now for a variety of companies, the cable co's, Google, Amazon or even a group of them. No huge buyout then carrying Sprint's huge debt - just finance a build out from scratch with the most modern equipment. Google has the dark fiber network capacity, servers already in cable and telco end offices and data centers where their dark fiber is routed. But then again no one wants to do business with Ergen either so there's that, lol.

Feedback Score
    Charlie Ergen was in the sweat box right next to Son, likely sweating more actually. Dish was just bailed out beyond belief as they would have faced the loss of their spectrum sans the merger.

I'm betting Dish is soon joined by a minority investor in their wireless venture now, someone who has the right to buy Dish out or become 50-50 once that is legally possible re the merger terms.

This could make sense now for a variety of companies, the cable co's, Google, Amazon or even a group of them. No huge buyout then carrying Sprint's huge debt - just finance a build out from scratch with the most modern equipment. Google has the dark fiber network capacity, servers already in cable and telco end offices and data centers where their dark fiber is routed. But then again no one wants to do business with Ergen either so there's that, lol.
    Yea but Google may be starting to have some big antitrust issues of their own soon with the DOJ. Not sure they get involved just yet.

Feedback Score
    Certainly a possibility. T-Mobile was trying to put a restriction on how much service Dish could resell on the T-mobile network. I think they were especially concerned if Dish partnered with a deep pocket company and Dish pulled in a lot of customers. But I think T-Mobile's request to put some restriction on that didn't go through. T-Mobile had to accept that as a possibility if they wanted the deal to clear as I recall.

Feedback Score
    Certainly a possibility. T-Mobile was trying to put a restriction on how much service Dish could resell on the T-mobile network. I think they were especially concerned if Dish partnered with a deep pocket company and Dish pulled in a lot of customers. But I think T-Mobile's request to put some restriction on that didn't go through. T-Mobile had to accept that as a possibility if they wanted the deal to clear as I recall.
    It will be interesting to see what type of deal dish got with boost on TMobile. Do they get the Google fi type deal, where they get full access to tmobiles native network and all their domestic roaming partners as well? Or did they get a mint mobile type deal where they only have deprioritized access to tmobiles native network. Either way, boost becomes very attractive to a lot of users, as the main complaints against boost are device restrictions and coverage, if it's a fi type deal, they become even more attractive if they are able to keep their current pricing and feature sets.

Feedback Score
    It will be interesting to see what type of deal dish got with boost on TMobile. Do they get the Google fi type deal, where they get full access to tmobiles native network and all their domestic roaming partners as well? Or did they get a mint mobile type deal where they only have deprioritized access to tmobiles native network.
    Yes, that will be interesting to see. I think Ergen thought they could be offering service as soon as 30 days after the merger closes. Maybe around May 1st.

Feedback Score

Looks like TMobile is getting their merger

Yes, that will be interesting to see. I think Ergen thought they could be offering service as soon as 30 days after the merger closes. Maybe around May 1st.
    Believe he also said boost was going to stay prepaid, and he was going to offer a postpaid option as well. I believe the last postpaid mvno was helio back in the day so will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Feedback Score
    Believe he also said boost was going to stay prepaid, and he was going to offer a postpaid option as well. I believe the last postpaid mvno was helio back in the day so will be interesting to see how that plays out.
    I wonder how fast they'll pull the plug on Sprints B26 since that spectrum is going to Dish. I would assume Sprint customers still use that low band for some building penetration and rural coverage. If they shut it down on the merger closing date that could really affect some Sprint users. Maybe Dish granted a period to transfer over. It's not like Dish will be lighting that up immediately anyway.

Will Dish's main 5G spectrum be n66? I thought B4 and B66 was what Dish mostly had.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast