Thread: Anyone with Net10 having problems

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score

Anyone with Net10 having problems

My fathers Net10 phone, an old flip phone, has 600 minutes and 30 days left. But he gets the no minute message and calls can not be received. So he bought another $30 worth which gave him now 900 minutes and 90 days service.

His phone shows this and so does Net10 online, but still no service. The phone works as he could call 611, but got no where because he did not understand them. He's in his 80's so not the best hearing combined with poor English of Net10.
    He has the 10cent per minute plan.

He's on T mobile side of Net10. Any known issues between Net10 and T mobile? Is their an Email executive resolutions for net 10?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Don't know about Net10 and T-mobile, but (all?) TF users on T-mobile had Data bucket reduced to 10MB over the weekend.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Don't know about Net10 and T-mobile, but (all?) TF users on T-mobile had Data bucket reduced to 10MB over the weekend.
    That is an odd coincidence. I do think the issue is T mobile as the minutes are showing. Maybe slim did not pay his bill.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by southchatham View Post
    He's on T mobile side of Net10. Any known issues between Net10 and T mobile? Is their an Email executive resolutions for net 10?
    The missing data issue with T-Mobile should not affect calls. May be a related problem though.
    Net 10 does have chat, which would help with the language barrier.
    305-715-6500 seems to be a switchboard in Miami that can get you directed to better help. Might work for Net10.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Still not working. Chat asked for serial # and sim # and agreed with minutes and days. But no help so far, they said they would call back in 15 minutes 2 hours ago. I hope they are working on it and the call back will be to say it's fixed.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like your dad has a very old original-style Net10 setup. Does he (or did he) use it very often?

I ask because if there have been long gaps in his use of the phone, it may fall under the category of maybe T-Mobile has changed their network in the area he lives.

Likely that phone still runs on T-Mo's 2G network, which is slowly being sunset in many areas.

I would check into that if there's any way you can to verify what's going on with the network coverage.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    After a week of my father trying to get it to work with no luck I came over and called and finally got it working. They had to re-provision the line on T-Mobiles end. I had to be very firm with them to even get to tech support.

I'm sure it's somehow related to the data issue glitch because it all went down at the same time.