Feedback Score

Will Apple make Iphone and Ipad outside china

With the virus outbreak, production in China is dead at the moment.

Will Apple start to make phones and ipads in the USA now or other countries?

I am sure Apple isn’t wanting to give up marketshare to another country. It would be wise if Apple quickly acquired new factories elsewhere as soon as possible. Apple invested in China too much and while it helped them significantly it did not seem to have backup plans for production outside the country from what I’ve seen.

Apple has cash so they could probably acquire and build out new plants but who knows how long it will take.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I tend to think that Apple might relocate those facilities to a different country outside the US where they manufacture at the least cost possible. IMHO, the only way they would relocate the production back to the US fully is if the US Federal Government mandated it for all manufacturers. Not likely that will happen.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Phone
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    With the virus outbreak, production in China is dead at the moment.

Will Apple start to make phones and ipads in the USA now or other countries?
    Apple already has some factories outside of China. Such as India. But it takes more than the final assembly. The parts have to be assembled and available too.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

Feedback Score
    They are already manufacturing iPhones in India. Don't know the models....

Feedback Score
    Will Apple make Iphone and Ipad outside china?
    No.

Maybe but I doubt it Macau or some such part of China not adjoined to the mainland. And not commonly traveled to like HK.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.38 otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.01.20

Feedback Score
    Looks like India and Taiwan have limited production capabilities and Apple uses Foxconn and Pegatron as suppliers.

China is the market of choice for super high production output and cost reduction apparently where model works for Apple but other nations have volume production for their own brands like Samsung and South Korea for instance. So other countries are capable of high output other than China but Apple doesn’t seem to want to budge as the model worked so well for them.

If it was me, I would make all Iphones in USA and build huge factories on our lands here where there is more than enough room in a right to work state.

I may not get an Apple product this time depending what happens to production. I am looking at Samsung, Sony and Nokia as well but I did prefer the Apple product. I wish Apple could sublicense the OS out so other nations could produce products but Apple has never done that before and you must buy their official devices that are designed by them.

Phone
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    I tend to think that Apple might relocate those facilities to a different country outside the US where they manufacture at the least cost possible.
    I think so too, and I see the end result of the race to the bottom with companies setting up their maquilas along Tijuana, Mexicali, Juarez, Reynosa etc..and further south. I doubt that Apple wants to setup shop in the country like the USA with tons of red tape, lawsuits, strong unions, and high cost of labor. If the likes of GM and Carrier are trying to avoid manufacturing their products in the USA, then I see no reason why Apple would want to do the same, especially considering that Apple has invested a lot in their supply chains and manufacturing in China..

Exactly why my friend had his manufacturing done in Mexico for awhile but moved production to Vietman (?)

IMHO, the only way they would relocate the production back to the US fully is if the US Federal Government mandated it for all manufacturers. Not likely that will happen.
    Or you can say you decided not to expand production outside the USA but simply invest the money in automating the jobs at the plant that you were going to shutdown anyways like Carrier did or say you'll provide jobs but you will only produce a certain product which requires highly skilled workers and automate the processes like GM wanted to with their Lordstown plant in OH, get rid of the Cruze, shutdown the plant and come back as a battery manufacturing plant.

Even if the jobs did come back, you won't have or need the same 20,000 people that you had before you left..
    Last edited by i0wnj00; 02-11-2020 at 01:44 AM.

Feedback Score
    Apple is being slowed down by Coronavirus while Samsung is further ahead and is not affected. Samsung is only vendor which has actually announced a 5G Tablet so far as per FCC ID. I prefer ios however and will see how Apple deals with this challenge.

South Korea seems to be going strong so far.