Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone lost all my data!

Feedback Score

Tracfone lost all my data!

I bought 1200/1200/3GB sim card (from ebay tracfone) and activated last October. 2 days ago, I had about 1.2 GB data remaining. Today they are all gone. My phone data usage correctly totals 1.8 GB.

The chat says my plan only had 1.2 GB to begin with, which is total BS. Has anyone experienced similar?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Do you think all your data is gone because it no longer works or because of what the balance check shows? There are several current threads about the balance check returning incorrect amounts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Do you think all your data is gone because it no longer works or because of what the balance check shows? There are several current threads about the balance check returning incorrect amounts.
    Both. This afternoon, my phone didn't get any data for no reason. After I arrived home, I checked my account balance and it shows 0 MB.

Device(s)
    Huawei P30 lite, Nokia 3310
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Truphone, Three, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Same thing happened to me yesterday, my phone was not getting data. I just checked and my data bucket shows zero balance. I had looked at within the last few days it was over 3 gigs which still showed before the tracfone app refreshed to a zero balance. Poof! My phone shows no unusual data usage, I've used less than half a gigabyte this month. This is a T-mo pay as you go sim that was topped up months ago with a trac ebay 1200/1200/3gb card.
    Last edited by naranja; 02-09-2020 at 06:52 AM.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    The common factor so far appears to be both phones were topped up with the 1200/1200/3GB card. Were the talk and text buckets affected?

Feedback Score
    The common factor so far appears to be both phones were topped up with the 1200/1200/3GB card. Were the talk and text buckets affected?
    It seems those 2 are fine.

The chat lady restored my lost 1.2 GB manually after talking to the technical team.

One lesson learned: Any time you activate, at the end, ask for the current balances so that you have something in plain text record. The chat lady said my plan was 1200/1200/1200, which was BS. But there's no way for me to prove that I bought the 1200/1200/3GB because she can't open any link/screenshots.

Feedback Score
    I just checked my balances. They all look good, except my T-Mobile Fiesta is showing 10MB when it should be 3.3GB.
    The phone has data turned off in the settings.
    The only thing I've done with it this year is charge it every two weeks.

I have many smartphones in my TF account.
    All are Verizon except the phone which lost its data balance, and the only thing I lost was the data on the T-Mo phone.
    The last addition to this line was the 1200MB/texts/min that came with the Fiesta when I activated it last year.
    Last edited by taxmantoo; 02-09-2020 at 10:05 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    My talk and text buckets weren't affected either. Ace, was your sim T-Mobile? Glad you were able to get them to add data back to your account. I wasn't going to bother because I figured it would be an exercise in frustration and I have a free/3 mo. Mint sim arriving tomorrow. I guess I'll give it a shot since you had success.

Also, my 1200/1200/3gb att tracfone account is fine, all data intact.

Feedback Score
    Just checked my balances on my 3 TF sims. I have an active sim on all three carriers. The balances for the AT&T and Verizon sims are correct. The T-Mobile sim talk and text balances are correct but the data bucket went from 2.04gb 2 days ago to 10mb today. So, seems to be a T-Mobile issue.

I haven't added any talk/text/data to the phone in 6-8 months. So, it doesn't seem to have anything to do with airtime cards.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    OK, sounds like we've narrowed it down! I just opened chat says I'm 22nd in line 90 minute wait...they may be getting a lot of people with this problem.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yep, T-mo data balance is definitely screwed up. My wife's TF-branded Fiesta 2 had 12.96GB on 2/1/20 when I checked using the app and took a screenshot. She hardly ever used Data except for a few MMS, now the data balance is 9.96MB (not GB). Time to go fight TF. Ugh!

Feedback Score
    Yep, T-mo data balance is definitely screwed up. My wife's TF-branded Fiesta 2 had 12.96GB on 2/1/20 when I checked using the app and took a screenshot. She hardly ever used Data except for a few MMS, now the data balance is 9.96MB (not GB). Time to go fight TF. Ugh!
    I am currently on chat with Abner. He is checking Will let you know.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    As I thought... Chat a giant waste of time they insist i used up the data no way for them have screwed up, would not escalate and told me to pound sand. I may give it another try if people report success or if maybe they figure out they had a problem after some time and tons of complaints.

Feedback Score
    Just finished with Abner. Using the tools available to chat, everything is correct! Am now waiting for a "call back". As usual, TF CSRs have no clue.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I'll wait a few days and see if TF/T-mo correct the problem on their own. If not, I'll try Chat, if they don't resolve it I'll file a complaint with the FCC and BBB, the screenshots are sufficient as proof for the FCC & BBB. My wife doesn't really NEED the data, but it's just wrong for them to wipe out the data balance of all of their TF/T-mo customers.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast