Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone lost all my data!

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    If someone here use Tracfone's Facebook page, maybe bombard them with complaints of the data-loss problem and get other TF customers on Facebook to be aware of it and raise a ruckus. Maybe they'll chase down the problem and fix it.

Device(s)
    Huawei P30 lite, Nokia 3310
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Truphone, Three, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    ... but it's just wrong for them to wipe out the data balance of all of their TF/T-mo customers.
    If this is actually happened to all their t-mo customers I expect it will get more attention than just from hofo and hopefully a resolution. This is why it's never a good idea to build up too big of a balance with this company.

Feedback Score
    Ok, I DID get a call back from TF. They restored the balance. Well sort of...had 2.04 GB now 2.01 GB...lost 30 MB. I told her that many others were having the same issue and asked if there was a number I could give out. She said to call the CS 800 number. Big help.

Feedback Score
    Paging @AlexTrac
    Your presence is desired in this thread...

EDIT:
    Hmm, it looks like HoFo doesn't have a "mention" feature.

Device(s)
    BB 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I had the same thing happen but with a bit of a twist. Two phones affected similarly. Each were transferred from TF/AT&T to TF/TMO about a week ago using the 1200/1200/1200/3GB ebay deal. But then I got greedy and added another 1200/3GB to each. I thought that last move might have led to my problem.

At about 6pm EST Saturday, on both phones, the available data (actual as well as reported balances) went to zero.

On chat, the CSR said they could restore my original (pre-conversion) data of about 2GB plus 3 GB. Nothing was said about the additional 3GB that was lost. Frankly, I didn't push it because I knew I was on thin ice. All the time and minutes were never touched (and I didn't want to jeopardize them).

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CAL7 View Post
    On Chat, the CSR said they could restore my original (pre-conversion) data of about 2GB plus 3 GB.
    Did you have to fight hard with them? Did they try to say that you used up your data, or seem to know that there's a problem with their system?

Device(s)
    BB 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    They seemed to know. They checked my data balances as of Feb.6 and confirmed I'd used very little in the two days since. They didn't acknowledge a system problem and I just assumed the "system" had caught me applying airtime to an ineligible phone. I was a bit surprised to learn that others were caught up because I thought I'd been uniquely bad.

Feedback Score
    So does anybody have a T-Mo service 3 bucket phone that didn't lose data?

What are the odds that TF will just restore everybody to their last known balances to avoid thousands of customers having to call support to get their data back?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taxmantoo View Post
    So does anybody have a T-Mo service 3 bucket phone that didn't lose data?

What are the odds that TF will just restore everybody to their last known balances to avoid thousands of customers having to call support to get their data back?
    Based on the responses so far in this forum, everyone who has a 3-bucket phone on T-mo had their data bucket reduced to around 10MB.

A company that "does right by their customers" would automatically restore everyone's data balance to about 2-3 days ago, but we can't expect that of TF.

Device(s)
    BB 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    I haven't added any talk/text/data to the phone in 6-8 months. So, it doesn't seem to have anything to do with airtime cards.
    If I'm not mistaken, every report EXCEPT from cv91913, has some element of using the 1200/3GB airtime card.

I hate to lose over 6GB of data; but, on the other hand, I bought those two extra ebay bundles primarily for the time (365 days) and the minutes (1200).

Regarding the 10MB balance..... We were both off WiFi when the TF wipeout occurred, so it's possible our balances went to 10MB and then we used it and only noticed the depletion when it reached zero.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CAL7 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, every report EXCEPT from cv91913, has some element of using the 1200/3GB airtime card.
    My wife's TF-branded LG Fiesta 2 on T-mo was affected also, but I didn't apply the 1200/3GB card to it.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    My wife's TF-branded LG Fiesta 2 on T-mo was affected also, but I didn't apply the 1200/3GB card to it.
    Both of my T-Mobile lines are down to 10mb also. One has never had any cards loaded and was just unlocked after its year of initial service. The other hasn't had any cards loaded since may of last year. There were not any 1200/ 3GB cards involved here.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I used Chat this morning and got most of the Data balance back. Although initially it said the wait would be 25 minutes, it took only 8 minutes for a rep to join the chat. Below is the chat transcript. 9.77GB is about 10,000MB (using 1GB=1024MB), seems like 10,000 is the max they can put back into a bucket at one time.
    ===========================
    Tracfone: Thank you for contacting TracFone. Our hours of operation are Monday-Sunday 8am to 11:45pm. If you receive this message during normal operation hours, our chat agents are helping other customers. Your position is 25 in the queue. Your wait time will be approximately 25 minutes.
    Prea: Thank you for visiting TracFone Wireless.
    Prea: How can I help you?
    My phone had over 12GB of data a few days ago, now it has under 10MB, and I used very little of it.
    Prea: I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to this issue. I will be glad to assist you today. Before we proceed, I need to check your account first.
    Prea: Are you referring to the phone number that ends with xxxx?
    yes
    Prea: Okay. Please allow me a moment to check your account.
    Prea: I am still checking some information. Please allow me few more minutes.
    ok
    Prea: When have you noticed about this matter?
    I saw people discussing the problem in tracfone forums on Sunday, and checked my balance. All TF users on T-mobile have the same problem.
    Prea: Okay.
    Prea: What should be the correct data balance?
    A little over 12GB. I can email a screenshot taken on Feb 1, 2020.
    Prea: Okay. Thank you. However, we cannot check an email.
    Prea: Let me further check on this. Please allow me few more minutes.
    Prea: I am still verifying some information on your account. Please allow me few minutes more.
    Prea: I will be adding 13 GB on your phone. Please allow me few more minutes to further work on this.
    OK.
    Prea: Please allow me another few minutes.
    Prea: I have successfully added the data units.
    Prea: Do you have the phone with you?
    yes
    Prea: Please turn your phone off and back on.
    ok
    Prea: Go ahead.
    it came back on.
    Prea: Please check if your data balance has been updated.
    it shows 9.77GB. But that's acceptable to me. I don't use much data.
    Prea: Okay.
    Thank you for your help. Can I get a ticket number for this contact?
    Prea: Yes, I can provide you the reference number.
    Prea: The reference number is 182343xxxx.
    Thanks again. Have a good day.
    Prea: You are welcome. You too.
    Prea: It’s been a pleasure helping you today. I hope I was able to assist you to your full satisfaction.
    Prea: Thank you for chatting with TracFone Wireless.

Device(s)
    BB 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Good for you! I'm debating whether to complain (again). On Phone #1, the data promised me did appear. But on Phone #2, the balance credited was about 2GB less than what was promised on chat. So for that one phone, I lost 3GB that I chose not to contest, plus 2GB that's unexplained.

Feedback Score
    @upham
    Maybe the issue is filtering down to the chat force and they have the tools to fix the problem. We can only hope

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast