Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How can we make sure Huawei is not used by AT&T?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Galaxys have allowed manual band selection for years.
    Domestically or internationally ?
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Domestically or internationally ?
    I can manually select bands while roaming in Canada so I would say you should while out of the U.S. as well. If Service Menus are blocked internationally, it's most likely that carriers SIM provisioning preventing access like Verizon has been doing for some time. There is an easy work around for that however.

BTA-44: MTA-29: MSA-41: PEA-40: CMA-41: BEA-78: MEA-24
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10+ (unlocked), Galaxy S8, LG K7, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I've done it on both my S8(ATT) and S10+ (unlocked)
    Unrooted. With an AT&T SIM you can access the menu if you slightly pop the SIM and reboot. *#2263#
    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T Unlimited & More w/ 2 Lines
    AT&T TV w/ HBO

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10+ (unlocked), Galaxy S8, LG K7, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Doesn't America spy on other countries?? If yes then why is this an issue when another country does it?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Mega, OP6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    It happens to be a serious issue that high ranking US officials are all aware of. AT&T got the contract for 5G and FirstNet for Nellis Air Force Base and as thats a highly secure facility, I presume AT&T standards were up to the task. The US definitely doesn’t want the Chinese messing around down there with espionage.
    Lol..where do they find these people?

I use this to block out Huawei’s spying and mind control signals.

On a serious note, the only thing YOU can do as an individual citizen is to lobby your politicians to support policies that discourage the use of Huawei components on US networks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jtludwig View Post
    Lol..where do they find these people?

I use this to block out Huawei’s spying and mind control signals.

On a serious note, the only thing YOU can do as an individual citizen is to lobby your politicians to support policies that discourage the use of Huawei components on US networks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This was done already as per an order signed by President Trump. FBI Director Wray and AG Barr both know the issues well and both just gave another speech on it. I just hope the government is seriously enforcing this and have standards to ensure compliance.

I know of all too well of how Chinese firms have literally take years of research and development work from another company with espionage and just add that work to their products without doing the years of research and development projects to fasttrack their programs. Imagine if they did that to your company with your own hard work. I want merit and fairness.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I can manually select bands while roaming in Canada so I would say you should while out of the U.S. as well.
    Last time I checked, Canada is out of the US. Unless it was recently annexed by the US.

Feedback Score
    I know of all too well of how Chinese firms have literally take years of research and development work from another company with espionage and just add that work to their products without doing the years of research and development projects to fasttrack their programs. Imagine if they did that to your company with your own hard work.
    Please explain how Huawei can steal information by deploying RAN equipment for AT&T. How would they break IPSEC tunnels or TLS encryption protocols used by end customers? What interfaces would Huawei use and how would this information leave AT&T's network? How would the RAN send unauthorized data past the SGW or UPF? Be as specific as you can. I'm sure you're an expert.
    Want to learn more about how LTE works?
    https://productioncommunity.publicmo...ls/td-p/130581

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sheytoon View Post
    Please explain how Huawei can steal information by deploying RAN equipment for AT&T. How would they break IPSEC tunnels or TLS encryption protocols used by end customers? What interfaces would Huawei use and how would this information leave AT&T's network? How would the RAN send unauthorized data past the SGW or UPF? Be as specific as you can. I'm sure you're an expert.
    The RAN implies radio access network equipment which controls the wireless frequencies itself as it transfers back to the network side. The hardware processing is the part which is concerning along with encryption used but supporting Huiwei even if just RAN equipment is supporting communist china even if it doesn’t affect the safety and security at a certain level inside the network as it will lead to more dollars spent to aid the communist machine.

At the hardware level they can do lots of nefarious processing tricks that people would not notice embedded in their codebase to push data back through what seems as regular connections. It only takes one nefarious point of entry which was compromised. US intelligence agencies thankfully are on the side of Americans these days. It was not like this previously however as we have had flaws over time. No I was expecting other people to know more than me and they do, but they are already in place. The issue is a constant battle and all the tech leaders from the non chinese firms which are allies all have the best products combined and play fairly as well.

For back end chips, Nokia, Ericsson, Samsung, Qualcomm, Intel, Apple are all respectable. Huawei chips are not. We are heading to 5G this year and as this admin is in effect, policies will be against Chinese equipment for the 5G deployment in the United States market.

China is a different animal in technology because it is communist than other free market nations. I don’t know if Mediatek because it is Taiwanese firm is under control of the Communist party or not however mediatek is known for low cost low performance chips so they sren’t competitive on the world stage except for cost. A chinese firm like Huaiwei with their Kirill processor has impressive performance but they got there by Stealing technology and pushed it forward by having to work on less challenges. These chips will not be allowed on devices in USA 5G networks so chinese or non chinese coming to USA will need another device. If you were Chinese and had a Qualcomm chip like an Oppo phone for instance that should be able to be provisioned to use inside the USA.

5G may add new suppliers or existing suppliers may merge for chipsets but there are people who say, lets just play friends with China and allow use of Huawei chips in USA but we are fortunate this is not the case and Americans should be thankful but we do need more development to beat China’s offerings and I am more than sure we will make sure that happens fast.
    Last edited by LTENetwork; 02-09-2020 at 01:11 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Starting to think they all suck
    Feedback Score
    I hope you don't buy any products made in China. Oh wait, Apple... And probably 95% of everything else...

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Exactly!
    Quote Originally Posted by baaadandy View Post
    I hope you don't buy any products made in China. Oh wait, Apple... And probably 95% of everything else...

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shortyd999 View Post
    Doesn't America spy on other countries?? If yes then why is this an issue when another country does it?
    Doesn't AT&T already do this with Room 641A on behalf of the NSA?
    I don't see much of difference here, considering that *somebody* is indiscriminately sucking my data without my consent/knowledge or a warrant.

Double standard at work. Not only does the USA do it against other countries, but it's also done against allies and countries we perceive as "friendly" towards us. I bet the leaders of Germany, Mexico, Brazil, etc..were livid when it was discovered that the USA was spying on them.
    Last edited by i0wnj00; 02-11-2020 at 01:42 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
    Doesn't AT&T already do this with Room 641A on behalf of the NSA?
    I don't see much of difference here, considering that *somebody* is indiscriminately sucking my data without my consent/knowledge or a warrant.

Double standard at work. Not only does the USA do it against other countries, but it's also done against allies and countries we perceive as "friendly" towards us. I bet the leaders of Germany, Mexico, Brazil, etc..were livid when it was discovered that the USA was spying on them.
    I have no problem with the USA intelligence agencies as the mechanisms are well understood and the Supreme court oversees the FISA court process. We have free elections in our country and an open and transparent process unlike the Communist Chinese Party. I am well aware of AT&T’s windowless nuclear proof buildings in NYC for instance and yes, NSA equipment has long been known to be involved.

I am looking for a Tablet to run on AT&T 5G+ and unfortunately nothing is out yet. Hopefully Apple has 5G+ compatible tablets im the future.

5G devices will hopefully start to get shipped out by this year.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Last time I checked, Canada is out of the US. Unless it was recently annexed by the US.
    I wouldn’t be surprised.

Feedback Score
    I have no problem with the USA intelligence agencies as the mechanisms are well understood and the Supreme court oversees the FISA court process. We have free elections in our country and an open and transparent process unlike the Communist Chinese Party. I am well aware of AT&T’s windowless nuclear proof buildings in NYC for instance and yes, NSA equipment has long been known to be involved.

I am looking for a Tablet to run on AT&T 5G+ and unfortunately nothing is out yet. Hopefully Apple has 5G+ compatible tablets im the future.

5G devices will hopefully start to get shipped out by this year.
    Hopefully, with Apple buying up Intel’s talent when it closed its modem division, we’ll start seeing Apple modems soon. https://bgr.com/2019/07/26/iphone-5g...1-modem-intel/

Rumor is there might be a 5G iPad Pro this year. That’s real 5G not the (bleep) AT&T made up. https://www.macrumors.com/2020/02/13...020-digitimes/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast