Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FreedomPop Messaging App

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score

FreedomPop Messaging App

Just got a Freedompop annual plan & attempting to test the app for making calls. The only way I can get the dialer to appear is to place a call to the Freedompop phone. If you press the Freedompop dialer icon it only gives the option of using the native dialer which of course won't work. The same with texts as only the native texting apps are options. Tried different Motorola& Samsung phones with the same result. (Google Voice works fine) Anyone else ever had this happen?

There is a window that pops up that says to dial ##72786# on the native app to perform some type of reset, but nothing happens.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Just got a Freedompop annual plan & attempting to test the app for making calls. The only way I can get the dialer to appear is to place a call to the Freedompop phone. If you press the Freedompop dialer icon it only gives the option of using the native dialer which of course won't work. The same with texts as only the native texting apps are options. Tried different Motorola& Samsung phones with the same result. (Google Voice works fine) Anyone else ever had this happen?

There is a window that pops up that says to dial ##72786# on the native app to perform some type of reset, but nothing happens.
    Are you on a Sprint/CDMA phone from FreedomPop?

I've never used the Sprint/CDMA version of FreedomPop, just the AT&T/VoIP version, but I just activated a free Sprint TextNow line on a Moto G4 Plus phone and couldn't get it to activate. Turns out the activation/reset code varies by phone. On my Moto it was *#*#72786#*#* instead of ##72786#. Google the number for your phone model.

If you're using the AT&T SIM BYOD version that reset number doesn't do anything. Just uninstall and reinstall the app and try again.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app more than once to no avail. I'm going to erase all the APN's except FreedomPop and see what happens. I'll also take a screenshot of what I am seeing. It indicates I've been upgraded to some kind of premium voice. Only incoming calls work using the app. I got some test texts from FreedomPop when first installing the app, but incoming texts don't work when I send them.

Oh, I'm using ATT.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    This is what I see when using the app. Receiving calls work great. Can't call out or send/receive texts. Very strange

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    This is what I see when using the app. Receiving calls work great. Can't call out or send/receive texts. Very strange

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    "Premium voice" is what FP calls voice using real cellular instead of VoIP- something you typically only get if you pay an additional monthly fee with FP.

Is it possible that RedPocket is starting to use real cellular instead of VoIP on some FP accounts? Have you tried using the native dialer and texting app like the app is requesting you to?

Or have they maybe screwed something up setting up your account to where the app "thinks" you have premium service when you don't? If so, maybe you try shutting off the premium service in the app.

According to FP's website, here's how to turn Premium Voice off or on (I assume you want it off, so your phone will use the app to make calls) :

Step 1: Tap on the FreedomPop Messaging application

Step 2: Then tap on the three lines in the upper left corner of the screen

Step 3: Scroll down to "Settings", and tap on "Settings"

Step 4: Next tap "Call"

Step 5: Tap "Incoming Call Preference"

Step 6: Select "Premium Voice:" to receive incoming calls using the Premium Voice service. (note, you will online receive calls over the cellular network with the Premium Voice service, when you are in a low signal area)

Step 7: Select "FreedomPop Application" to receive incoming calls using the FreedomPop application and VoIP service only.

Good luck!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Hmmm...there was a post by a RP rep on SD that said FP was testing real cellular voice on a test group of accounts. But it seems odd that you weren't notified IF your account was one of the test group. This is just guessing on my part...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to try getting on the chat when they open and see what happens. It's so weird that I can only make it work with incoming calls. The call quality seems pretty good for what it's worth.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Have any of you ever used the chat before? It supposed to start at 8 Pacific time, but still nothing at 8:38. If I can't get to it today looks like I'll just try getting my money back & start again from scratch. Maybe there's something wrong with the SIM card. If they had any customer service this could probably be ironed out

Sent from my Moto G Play using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I can't even use the community help feature because the password they e-mailed me doesn't work. It's just some kind of gibberish like it didn't translate correctly. The password is ${password}

Feedback Score
    If I go to https://www.redpocket.com/contact-us , I see a chat icon in the lower right of the screen. I successfully used RP chat in December when I ported in a #.

Feedback Score
    Oh! Maybe you're talking about FP chat at https://support.freedompop.com/hc/en-us !?

I didn't realize it existed! That's a nice development!

In any event, THAT FP chat seems to be working at the moment, too!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, the Freedom pop chat is evidently self-help only. I'm still only getting a virtual assistant even though it says they're there from 8 to 4 on Saturday. Maybe you have to login for the chat to work. Unfortunately I can't because I don't have a password.

Red pocket chat would not assist with Freedom pop when I was activating. Have you gotten the red pocket chat to work for FreedomPop?

Feedback Score
    Twitter may be a way to contact them, it worked for me not too long ago.
    @FreedomPopHelp

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GlowHF View Post
    Twitter may be a way to contact them, it worked for me not too long ago.
    @FreedomPopHelp

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    Twitter @FreedomPopHelp is good. They helped me several times. But don't expect them to respond until Monday as they only watch that account 9-5, M-F.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies. When going to chat it tries to steer you to the virtual assistant. You have to say "I need customer service" to get a real person.

They are working on the issue and said to check back in 24 hours. They did mention that it seems to have something to do with the new service they're getting to roll out and the SIM card is conflicting with the app.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast