Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DOJ says states have no business trying to block T-Mobile-Sprint merger

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Edit: just saw it. Seems we are getting an announcement Tuesday. The interesting part is there may be some conditions attached. Wonder what those could be.
    Where did you see this? Links?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    I just made a thread with a link.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wall Street Journal, but I don't have a subscription to read anything but the headline.

Looks like Sprint stock is up 50% on the news. Maybe I should sell my majority stake (100 shares!) now in case the article is wrong!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    Wall Street Journal, but I don't have a subscription to read anything but the headline.
    I don't have an account at WSJ or NYT either. More may leak out before the official announcement.

Feedback Score
    I don't have an account at WSJ or NYT either. More may leak out before the official announcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post

Looks like Sprint stock is up 50% on the news. Maybe I should sell my majority stake (100 shares!) now in case the article is wrong!

"The judge in a contentious lawsuit that tried to stop the long-in-the-works merger between T-Mobile and Sprint is planning to rule in favor of the deal, according to three people briefed on the matter.

The verdict will come at the end of an unusual suit filed in June by attorneys general from 13 states and the District of Columbia. The challenge came after federal regulators gave their blessing to the deal, which would combine the nation’s third- and fourth-largest wireless carriers and create a new telecommunications giant to take on the two largest, AT&T and Verizon. The states argued that the combination of T-Mobile and Sprint would reduce competition in the telecommunications industry, lead to higher cellphone bills and place a financial burden on lower-income customers.

Judge Victor Marrero of United States District Court in Manhattan presided over the case. Final arguments took place last month.

None of the parties have read the ruling yet, the three people said, leaving open the possibility that the decision includes conditions or restrictions. Both companies are planning to make announcements on Tuesday, the people said."

From the ny times

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    None of the parties have read the ruling yet, the three people said, leaving open the possibility that the decision includes conditions or restrictions. Both companies are planning to make announcements on Tuesday, the people said."
    Will be interesting to see the conditions. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    I'm guessing it's that Dish put $5B or more in escrow in addition of the Boost sale completion. Or some financial irrevocable commitment of some sort.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.50otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 04.11.20

BTA-44: MTA-29: MSA-41: PEA-40: CMA-41: BEA-78: MEA-24
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10+ (unlocked), Galaxy S8, LG K7, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    AT&T Unlimited & More w/ 2 Lines
    AT&T TV w/ HBO

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I'm guessing it's that Dish put $5B or more in escrow in addition of the Boost sale completion. Or some financial irrevocable commitment of some sort.
    Well, if I know Charlie Ergen, that should kill the merger!

(Just kidding. Ergen is well known thought the business world for his, er, um, "thriftiness", however...)

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Tomorrow will be a historic day not only for T-Mobile/Sprint but for 5G New Radio and the entire US wireless industry. The implications will be huge; for some immediate while others in good time; and will forever alter T-Mobile’s status and rank.

I’m looking forward to Magenta’s official announcement tomorrow.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/10/b...le-merger.html
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2