Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2 -months with Visible, short review.

Feedback Score

2 -months with Visible, short review.

In one word, excellent.
    Not a hitch from ordering , service, billing.
    Excellent coverage, excellent speed.
    And all for $25 a month, tethering works every time. I've had prepaid for about 5 years through various providers. I feel like I'm on a $75 Verizon plan. I don't have to watch my usage. I don't know how they do it for $25-40 a month.

Sent from my Z6201V using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    1 month with Visible, word: horrible. Double billed, no coverage with 3G and there is still many areas around that are 3G. Really S L O W speeds that often did not work with GV. I was double billed and c/s (customer service is a bad joke) could not change the charge on website or app and telling me to just let the charge go through and they would figure out a way to refund. No way to delete a credit card on their site, only replace it with another. They don't even have a phone number! They have heavy churn with people leaving (self included). Total Wireless/Tracfone/PP/Net10 are much better choices. Speed on Tracfone? HOw about over 200mbps.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimxx200 View Post
    1 month with Visible, word: horrible. Double billed, no coverage with 3G and there is still many areas around that are 3G. Really S L O W speeds that often did not work with GV. I was double billed and c/s (customer service is a bad joke) could not change the charge on website or app and telling me to just let the charge go through and they would figure out a way to refund. No way to delete a credit card on their site, only replace it with another. They don't even have a phone number! They have heavy churn with people leaving (self included). Total Wireless/Tracfone/PP/Net10 are much better choices. Speed on Tracfone? HOw about over 200mbps.
    "slow speeds that don't work on GV"
    Not sure what that means.
    I'm not sure about speeds but I tether to watch Hulu and not a hitch, no buffering.
    And why would you need 3G in 2020..I live in a fairly small rural area and I've seen nothing but LTE. Calls are crystal clear, I don't know what people expect for $25-40.

Feedback Score
    What was your data usage for the past 2 months? Any slowdown after past a certain point? What's the average speed you are getting? Thanks.

Edit:

>I'm not sure about speeds but I tether to watch Hulu and not a hitch, no buffering.

No chance of tethering to a PC and go to http://fast.com?
    Last edited by e.mote; 02-05-2020 at 09:05 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by e.mote View Post
    What was your data usage for the past 2 months? Any slowdown after past a certain point? What's the average speed you are getting? Thanks.

Edit:

>I'm not sure about speeds but I tether to watch Hulu and not a hitch, no buffering.

No chance of tethering to a PC and go to http://fast.com?
    I don't know what the speed is, but I use about 20 gigs a week on average over the last 60 days.

Feedback Score
    I have a feeling this plan is only good for rural people with good lte coverage.
    In town I am always de-prioritized to .1-.5 mbps which is just enough to get emails and texts I suppose.
    After about 1am it does jump up to 7 or so which isn't bad but I am usually asleep by then.

I'm not all that picky but I at least need 3-5 mbps during peak hours if I have not abused data for the month.
    Sounds like Verizon is pretty horrible with this, maybe after everyone gets on 5g it will be better.

I had no trouble signing up and activating service though.

Feedback Score
    I still need At&t's coverage but grabbed a few Visible lines because of the awesome SWAP deal. So far, Visible works just fine in the city but I'll be taking a road trip to upper Michigan later this month and give it a real test. I had to switch to At&t from Verizon about 10 years ago because of V's poor coverage at my cabin. I have no problem switching back to Verizon if their coverage has improved in the areas I frequent but I'm guessing that, having LTE service only, will be a major handicap.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible Mobile $25
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    In one word, excellent.
    Not a hitch from ordering , service, billing.
    Excellent coverage, excellent speed.
    And all for $25 a month, tethering works every time. I've had prepaid for about 5 years through various providers. I feel like I'm on a $75 Verizon plan. I don't have to watch my usage. I don't know how they do it for $25-40 a month.

Second this, i m into second month, everything as reliable as the best

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    "slow speeds that don't work on GV"
    Not sure what that means.
    I'm not sure about speeds but I tether to watch Hulu and not a hitch, no buffering.
    And why would you need 3G in 2020..I live in a fairly small rural area and I've seen nothing but LTE. Calls are crystal clear, I don't know what people expect for $25-40.

I don't "need" 3G, but since Verizon has not completed their 4G/LTE network, many rural areas still use 3G. When I had Visible, my phone was dead/useless in these areas. GV is Google Voice and it did not work well at all with Visible. Speed tests on Visible are dismal and why web surfing can be painful..just too slow since their network is heavily deprioritized.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S, Apple iPad 3 (VZW variant)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon Prepaid, Total Wireless (Verizon), FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    It definitely depends on location. I would presume rural locations with little LTE utilization, and maybe areas with lots of backhaul, will have the best speeds.

Being on Verizon-direct Prepaid and TracFone-owned MVNO Total Wireless, in my area I get heavy deprioritization during most of the day. Fast.com maxed me at 8Mbps on either one (typical being about 3Mbps), whereas on FreedomPop AT&T my speeds are nearly triple (10-30Mbps) during the same parts of the day. All three are obviously depri, as I see speeds triple or quadruple during overnight hours.

Pings would probably be similar to FP-ATT, as FP route through servers a bit away from me (FP uses less common XO and Jasper servers which pings tend to be stick around 125ms). Pings on VZW and TW for me tend to stay around 25-30ms.

I have read several reports of pings being in the 150-200ms level on Visible due to fewer core servers. This would make VoIP use (Google Voice included) a bit problematic.

I doubt if I had Visible that speeds would get better here.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Feedback Score
    >I have a feeling this plan is only good for rural people with good lte coverage.
    >In town I am always de-prioritized to .1-.5 mbps which is just enough to get emails and texts I suppose.

Yeah, it tracks with my guesstimate for Visible, ie wide variability in bandwidth depending on location, because of Vis' lower priority. People in lower pop density, eg rural, would likely fare better than urban.

As cold-blooded as it sounds, the high level of complaints is presumably well within expectation.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    What is the best way to sign up for Visible? Is it directly through their site, what is referral deal , does it benefit both parties?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    I still need At&t's coverage but grabbed a few Visible lines because of the awesome SWAP deal. So far, Visible works just fine in the city but I'll be taking a road trip to upper Michigan later this month and give it a real test. I had to switch to At&t from Verizon about 10 years ago because of V's poor coverage at my cabin. I have no problem switching back to Verizon if their coverage has improved in the areas I frequent but I'm guessing that, having LTE service only, will be a major handicap.
    What’s a SWAP deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5 Play, AT&T F160 flip, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Parker5011 View Post
    What’s a SWAP deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://www.visible.com/swap

Trade in an old Android phone for a new phone. The Moto E6 is currently out of stock.

Sent from my moto e5 play using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    I have read several reports of pings being in the 150-200ms level on Visible due to fewer core servers. This would make VoIP use (Google Voice included) a bit problematic.
    Yes. In my testing here in MA, I keep getting pings of 197-199 ms. Speeds during the day are 40-50 Mbps down, and about 7-8 Mbps up. There is a new VZ tower near me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast