Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Will there be 32gb TF's under $80

Feedback Score

Will there be 32gb TF's under $80

I came across some 32gb memory phones for AT&T under $80 at Walmart and Best Buy and I wonder if TF will start rolling some lower price phones with higher end memory like the 79.99 AT&T Nokia 3.1 or the LG Neon I saw for 69. that have 32gb.

I'm not a heavy app user so I probably don't need more than 16gb but I know others out there would like at least 32gb under $80.

If a person activates a prepaid AT&T for six months the phone can be unlocked and used with TF BYOP but it would be better just to get them TF branded so they qualify for the 49.99 years service which BYOP don't if I recall correctly.

Here's the link to the LG Neon.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/AT-T-LG-N...hone/481706795

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Yes.

At least that's my prediction.

You could already argue that there is/was since the Samsung Galaxy A10e 5.83" HD 32GB Tracfone w/1500 Minutes/Texts/Data was recently $99.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    ...If a person activates a prepaid AT&T for six months the phone can be unlocked and used with TF BYOP but it would be better just to get them TF branded so they qualify for the 49.99 years service which BYOP don't if I recall correctly....
    Unless things have changed that I have not heard about, you do not need to have an AT&T Prepaid phone unlocked to use on TF or any other AT&T MVNO.

BYOP phones on TF don't get the $49.99 year service-only add-on offer on the TF account web page, but you can get better than that on TF eBay for BYOP. $49.99 for a year of service and something like 1500 service units. You have to pick the one that is no carrier so they will send a service PIN card vs service loaded on a SIM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Thanks. I hadn't checked the Moto because I was checking phones under $60 but it sounds nice. 3gb RAM. It says 1.8ghz octacore. 3000 mAh battery. I like my Moto's screen and camera. Really mine is nice so I'd probably like it. Maybe if I wait until I really need a new phone instead of just interested in one it might be priced a little lower. I'm hoping 32gb will be the new standard instead of 16gb.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Unless things have changed that I have not heard about, you do not need to have an AT&T Prepaid phone unlocked to use on TF or any other AT&T MVNO.

BYOP phones on TF don't get the $49.99 year service-only add-on offer on the TF account web page, but you can get better than that on TF eBay for BYOP. $49.99 for a year of service and something like 1500 service units. You have to pick the one that is no carrier so they will send a service PIN card vs service loaded on a SIM.
    Yes, I know I don't have to unlock an AT&T phone to use it on an AT&T mvno like H20. I've done it before.

The eBay deal sounds good but my problem is I don't use many minutes talk, I could use Google Hangouts and dialer on WiFi for free if I had to since most of my calls are done at home base.

If I buy a years service each year with 1200 or more minutes even if its cheap, I then rack up wads of talk, texts, and mobile data I'll never need. The 49.99 years service without airtime works well for me because I have enough minutes already and the service add on just rolls it over.

I think I bought texts for $5 and got the add on offered. I also think I removed the texts from the cart and still was allowed to buy the years service add on. Then too if I need texts or talk, etc, I can buy those for cheap at the TF website only as needed and it keeps my balance lower.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Yes.

At least that's my prediction.

You could already argue that there is/was since the Samsung Galaxy A10e 5.83" HD 32GB Tracfone w/1500 Minutes/Texts/Data was recently $99.
    The $99+ years service deal is much better than the $159 for phone only at the TF website. If I needed the minutes it might be the deal. I just don't need more minutes.

The Moto G6 XT1925DL mentioned in this thread is 32gb +3gb ram whereas the Samsung says 2gb ram. The Moto says full HD display (2160 x 1080) 5.7" screen and 3000mAh battery. The Moto says 12mp main cam and 5mp dual rear.

The Samsung Galaxy A10E says 720x1560 5.83" HD display. 8mp main camera and 5mp front facing camera. Although it says S102DL it says CDMA. It should be able to do GSM too if its DL? And I didn't see what size battery on the TF listing but could easily find it elsewhere.

For the 89.99 price the Moto sounds like the better deal but the 99.99 A10E with years service would of course work best for someone who needs the service.

They are both nice phones. I think this is just the start of some really good higher performing phones for lower prices. I'm a good deal scavenger and will keep waiting for refurbs and other deals like lower prices ("40% off" ) if bought with airtime that make it more attractive. My years service is up on one phone in June. That could be an excuse to buy one if I like it.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    I'm hoping 32gb will be the new standard instead of 16gb.
    It will at some point, just as 8GB moved to 16GB. And it was 4GB even earlier.

If I buy a years service each year with 1200 or more minutes even if its cheap, I then rack up wads of talk, texts, and mobile data I'll never need. The 49.99 years service without airtime works well for me because I have enough minutes already and the service add on just rolls it over.
    well, with the eBay deal the minutes are free. May as well use them. You may find you like some of the options that provides.

I remember when 1200 min on a single bucket phone was enough. But as data got cheaper I started using more when I wasn't as worried about the cost. And I now have 25GB/mo (from a shared 100GB) for less than I spent on 1GB 5 yrs ago. So I use my phone when I want and don't worry about data (still, haven't come close to even 10GB)

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    The Moto G6 XT1925DL mentioned in this thread is 32gb +3gb ram whereas the Samsung says 2gb ram. The Moto says full HD display (2160 x 1080) 5.7" screen and 3000mAh battery. The Moto says 12mp main cam and 5mp dual rear.

The Samsung Galaxy A10E says 720x1560 5.83" HD display. 8mp main camera and 5mp front facing camera. Although it says S102DL it says CDMA. It should be able to do GSM too if its DL? And I didn't see what size battery on the TF listing but could easily find it elsewhere.

They are both nice phones. I think this is just the start of some really good higher performing phones for lower prices. I'm a good deal scavenger and will keep waiting for refurbs and other deals like lower prices ("40% off" ) if bought with airtime that make it more attractive.
    The Moto G6 is at a higher level than the Samsung A10E. More RAM, more powerful processor, higher-res screen.

If you prefer reburbs and don't need more units/days, here's a refurbished Moto G6 for $59.99 on Ebay , sold by Tracfone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    The Moto G6 is at a higher level than the Samsung A10E. More RAM, more powerful processor, higher-res screen.

If you prefer reburbs and don't need more units/days, here's a refurbished Moto G6 for $59.99 on Ebay , sold by Tracfone.
    I prefer the Moto and I think it's the one I'd pick. I visited the link you posted and the refurb sounds like a good deal. I've bought TF refurbs before and generally they're like new. Only had any trouble with one (LG Stylo 3) but it was minor and otherwise fine.

Feedback Score
    I came across some 32gb memory phones for AT&T under $80 at Walmart and Best Buy and I wonder if TF will start rolling some lower price phones with higher end memory like the 79.99 AT&T Nokia 3.1 or the LG Neon I saw for 69. that have 32gb. I'm not a heavy app user so I probably don't need more than 16gb but I know others out there would like at least 32gb under $80. If a person activates a prepaid AT&T for six months the phone can be unlocked and used with TF BYOP but it would be better just to get them TF branded so they qualify for the 49.99 years service which BYOP don't if I recall correctly. Here's the link to the LG Neon. https://www.walmart.com/ip/AT-T-LG-N...hone/481706795 Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app
    it may be better to get a phone that is unbranded & factory unlocked (one that works on all 4 major carriers) that way if you decide to jump ship later down the road, your phone will be ready to go.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I prefer the Moto and I think it's the one I'd pick. I visited the link you posted and the refurb sounds like a good deal.
    If you're going to buy that refurb G6 on Ebay, then Text TREAT to 70799 to get a code for $5 OFF an item $50 or more . Expires 2/7/20.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    The Tracfone site HAD the G6 refurb for the same $59.99 a while ago (with a 20% off phone+airtime code in effect then).

If it were to come back TURK has posted promo code TAX25 for 25% off any phones + airtime card bundle purchases (exp. date ???)

Then there are the cashback sites.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    The Tracfone site HAD the G6 refurb for the same $59.99 a while ago (with a 20% off phone+airtime code in effect then).

If it were to come back TURK has posted promo code TAX25 for 25% off any phones + airtime card bundle purchases (exp. date ???)

Then there are the cashback sites.
    I haven't been looking at phones for awhile so I missed the listing, too bad. But that means it might show up again, hopefully around the time my current TF expires (June). That's when I'll be interested in a new phone. Meanwhile I'd better keep my eye out for deals. Then when the time comes I can be ready to leap.

Device(s)
    Motorola Moto G6, Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I haven't been looking at phones for awhile so I missed the listing, too bad. But that means it might show up again, hopefully around the time my current TF expires (June). That's when I'll be interested in a new phone. Meanwhile I'd better keep my eye out for deals. Then when the time comes I can be ready to leap.

TracFone's eBay Store still has the Moto G6 (Refurbished) for $59.99 ...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tracfone-Mo...gAAOSwAMVd0YYG

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast