Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Will there be 32gb TF's under $80

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Straighttalk has the G6 for $29.99 reconditioned, but you are required to buy airtime, the cheapest being $35. And I do not know if there is a discount code for bundling airtime. If only you had a buyer for the airtime?

https://shop.straighttalk.com/shop/e...-reconditioned

Feedback Score
    https://www.hsn.com/products/motorol...es-tex/9389182

Just saw this posted elsewhere in this forum. 99.99 free shipping when I visited HSN just now. That's a really good deal for anyone needing a new phone and a years service...

New buyers at HSN might be able to get a discount.

The Straight Talk deal for 29.99 (with purchase of airtime) would be excellent if I needed a monthly unlimited plan but I don't. Hard to believe they'd sell a G6 refurb that cheap even requiring service activation.

Sent from my LGL84VL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I just read some reviews and is this the one with glass back? Reviews said they were slippery and buyers ought to get a case for it. I don't buy phone cases, so a glass back would kill it for me. Should be fine for people who like to use phone cases.

Seems the glass would add extra weight or fragility.

Sent from my A576BL using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Yes the Moto G6 is the one with the glass back, but no one has complained here or at Turk Forum.
    This is the last Moto with the fingerprint reader on the front, allowing its use as a navigation shortcut.

Feedback Score
    Some reviews said the glass back was slippery and one at least said they dropped it. I'm sure the phone itself is nice judging from its specs. Odd they would put glass on back. A cover seems the only solution. If the back/battery is non removable, once the cover is on it could stay on. Might make it less slick.

I think the Moto was out of stock when I visited the TF site yesterday. I know it's on HSN and eBay with a years service.

With a Turk Forum discount if bought with airtime, if it is listed at the TF website later as a lower priced refurb, I might try it. I like buying from the website.

I generally don't like a bigger phone as my main active phone but I do like my e5 Moto. It feels a little on the heavy side but the narrow form factor is easy to hold. Plus my Moto has gotten periodic updates. Some other brand TF's don't.

I don't use fingerprint readers. So that isn't an issue with me but I realize others want those.

Well, I have til June to window shop, that's when my main TF phone service expires.

It's always good to gather info on phones I like before buying because it will be around awhile. I want to use them at least a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Yes the Moto G6 is the one with the glass back, but no one has complained here or at Turk Forum.
    This is the last Moto with the fingerprint reader on the front, allowing its use as a navigation shortcut.
    Sent from my LGL163BL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Forgot to ask, if anyone here has bought the 32gb Moto at the TF website, what service provider SIM does it ship with? I guess that depends on where the buyer lives. I'm currently on AT&T service with the main TF.

Buying TF's elsewhere like Walmart, Best Buy, HSN, etc the SIM service provider tends to be the one the phone has inserted at time of sale.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    I just read some reviews and is this the one with glass back? Reviews said they were slippery and buyers ought to get a case for it. I don't buy phone cases, so a glass back would kill it for me. Should be fine for people who like to use phone cases.

Seems the glass would add extra weight or fragility.
    The G6 back is glass. No idea why they thought that was a good idea. It is not textured and I found it to be extremely slippery. I did not dare use it until I got a case for it.

No big deal to me. I was going to put it in a case anyway. The back is not removable so the battery is not easily user replaceable. Nice phone in its price range otherwise.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Tracfone only sells it with a Verizon SIM (nano). Put an active AT&T or T-Mobile SIM in it if you wish.
    It should be identical in size and feel to your E5, both are DL models.

Moto G6 Tips: Best features explored! Or just google Best Moto G6 Hidden Features, Tips and Tricks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIuOQuKoXrk

Feedback Score
    Tracfone only sells it with a Verizon SIM (nano). Put an active AT&T or T-Mobile SIM in it if you wish.
    It should be identical in size and feel to your E5, both are DL models.

Moto G6 Tips: Best features explored! Or just google Best Moto G6 Hidden Features, Tips and Tricks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIuOQuKoXrk
    Thanks for the YouTube link. Definitely glossy back. The plug he pulled out of the box in the unboxing video was a huge three prong horror but I'm guessing US version won't have that. The location of the SIM tray was surprising, top right corner of the phone, and how long it was. The face recognition unlock option is interesting. Yes, it looks like a very nice phone. He mentioned a 64gb memory version with 4gb ram but am sure it's quite a bit more expensive. I'm still not sure I need 32gb but I'll probably try one since as 8gb phones phase out, 32gb may become the standard.

If I could slip my AT&T/TF SIM in it, could I just use it that way without activating with transfer, and no problems because of a different IMEI?

Are all DL TF's that way?

Feedback Score
    That's called "One Button Navigation" and a nice feature. The G7 uses a navigation slider bar on the bottom of the screen, but that is not as good as using a front fingerprint sensor. Lots of useful things in the Moto app.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the YouTube link. Definitely glossy back. The plug he pulled out of the box in the unboxing video was a huge three prong horror but I'm guessing US version won't have that. The location of the SIM tray was surprising, top right corner of the phone, and how long it was. The face recognition unlock option is interesting. Yes, it looks like a very nice phone. He mentioned a 64gb memory version with 4gb ram but am sure it's quite a bit more expensive. I'm still not sure I need 32gb but I'll probably try one since as 8gb phones phase out, 32gb may become the standard.
    The charger for the US model is two prong. It is a "Turbo Charger" and is a bit larger than the typical cellphone wall-wart. It will also charge with any Amp chargers with a USB-C cable, but not very fast.

The SIM tray is long because it is also where you can put a micro-SD. It needs to be a side-load because the back is not removable. It uses a (supplied) pin to eject the tray like an iPhone.

I did not bother with the face unlock, but I like the fingerprint sensor to unlock. It will also lock. My E5 with the fingerprint sensor on the back unlocks, but does not lock.

I'm still having no problems with 16 GB storage phones. The G6 32 GB should be plenty for me for quite a while. 8 GB is definitely no longer enough for the standard apps and a few of my own.

If I could slip my AT&T/TF SIM in it, could I just use it that way without activating with transfer, and no problems because of a different IMEI?

A generic G6 would work that way. I don't know about TF locked models.

The G6 is not an ultimate phone in speed or features. One of the features missing is NFC - don't care. It is good enough for my use for the price. I am not interested in $500 and up phones. Of course there is now a G7 and probably a G8 later this year.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I did not bother with the face unlock, but I like the fingerprint sensor to unlock. It will also lock. My E5 with the fingerprint sensor on the back unlocks, but does not lock.
    I was curious about what could be done with the E5 fingerprint sensor. The G7 has a rear sensor also, and not sure what it will do. Too bad the G6 is the last with a front sensor.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I did not bother with the face unlock.
    I saw a news article that people in China are having problems with their phones due to the Coronavirus....they couldn't unlock their phones with the face mask on.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score

That is correct. The phone does not need to be unlocked in order to use with any TracFone company, and it can be any provider they use.

That said, if you ever wanted it to be unlocked for a non-TracFone company after a year, you should have a rep match the IMEI to your SIM number and keep using just that pair for a whole year.

Also, just FYI, that phone does not have Band 14 for AT&T or Band 71 for T-Mobile.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    That is correct. The phone does not need to be unlocked in order to use with any TracFone company, and it can be any provider they use.

That said, if you ever wanted it to be unlocked for a non-TracFone company after a year, you should have a rep match the IMEI to your SIM number and keep using just that pair for a whole year.

Also, just FYI, that phone does not have Band 14 for AT&T or Band 71 for T-Mobile.
    That's gr8 to know, thanks. It means I could test it without activation before actually swapping phones just in case there was an issue using it.

I probably wouldn't want to unlock it anyway because at least at this time, I prefer TF to most other service providers.

Sent from my LGL64VL using HoFo mobile app

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast