Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What kind of ill-fit appendage to text message is this?

Feedback Score
    quoted from me:
    One more test is worth trying, not been done here yet...
    Try sending a reply from the email back to "[email protected]". My guess is it would fail.
    The reply described worked successfully! Not any failure.
    The message did contain that extra stuff about 'quicktime' and multimedia; but the basic reply message was sent and received at 'thenumber'.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joseg2016 View Post
    One more test is worth trying, not been done here yet...
    Try sending a reply from the email back to "[email protected]". My guess is it would fail.
    A reply should work. It just may use the MMS Gateway instead of the SMS. Does this phone send regular text messages to other phones? Not email.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    A reply should work. It just may use the MMS Gateway instead of the SMS. Does this phone send regular text messages to other phones? Not email.
    So far, NO. It is too new.

Maybe I miss what you are asking. You might be asking, what happens if I send or receive text messages between this particular new basic phone and some other basic phone? Maybe I really should make this test also.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joseg2016 View Post
    So far, NO. It is too new.

Maybe I miss what you are asking. You might be asking, what happens if I send or receive text messages between this particular new basic phone and some other basic phone? Maybe I really should make this test also.
    Too new? As soon as a message is received in email, it should be ready to be replied to. Which email?

I meant sending a text message with any other phone. Model or carrier should not matter. You just want to find out if any text messaging works correctly. You can also try email to phone using the "@vtext" suffix.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Too new? As soon as a message is received in email, it should be ready to be replied to. Which email?

I meant sending a text message with any other phone. Model or carrier should not matter. You just want to find out if any text messaging works correctly. You can also try email to phone using the "@vtext" suffix.
    Did just recently tried text email to phone. That worked. The email system is AOL, done on computer. This was like a reply. Computer using AOL email system was used to send a reply to [email protected], and the basic mobile telephone with "thenumber" was checked to see if the reply was received. It WAS received. No trouble reading the text message.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2