Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AT&T Fees Outrageously High

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Keep in mind that the fees and taxes differ state to state and market to market with all carriers. I am not and will not defend any carrier's billing practices. I want to pay as little as I have to without sacrificing features on my phone just like anyone else.
    Most are false charges.
    Taxes (state tax and 911 fee) may differ by state or city, but most others are 100% fake charges

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Is MaBell still charging for the war of 1812?
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    Most are false charges.
    Taxes (state tax and 911 fee) may differ by state or city, but most others are 100% fake charges
    Call them whatever you want, but they are perfectly legal and are disclosed by the carriers as per the Terms & Conditions of Service.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Is MaBell still charging for the war of 1812?
    Concession by the Internal Revenue Service
    On 25 May 2006, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) issued IRS Notice 2006-50, 2006 I.R.B. 25, which stated in part:

[... ] the Internal Revenue Service will follow the holdings of Am. Bankers Ins. Group v. United States, 408 F.3d 1328 (11th Cir. 2005) (ABIG); OfficeMax, Inc. v. United States, 428 F.3d 583 (6th Cir. 2005); Nat'l R.R. Passenger Corp. v. United States, 431 F.3d 374 (D.C. Cir. 2005) (Amtrak); Fortis v. United States, 2006 U.S. App. LEXIS 10749 (2d Cir. Apr. 27, 2006); and Reese Bros. v. United States, 2006 U.S. App. LEXIS 11468 (3d Cir. May 9, 2006). These cases hold that a telephonic communication for which there is a toll charge that varies with elapsed transmission time and not distance (time-only service) is not taxable toll telephone service as defined in §4252(b)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code. As a result, amounts paid for time-only service are not subject to the tax imposed by §4251. Accordingly, the government will no longer litigate this issue [....] [emphasis added]
    Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federa...one_excise_tax

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Call them whatever you want, but they are perfectly legal and are disclosed by the carriers as per the Terms & Conditions of Service.
    They are still bogus cash grabs

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    They are still bogus cash grabs
    Wow, that was a well thought out response.

Care to offer an explanation why they are bogus ? Please feel free to cite the reason why they are bogus. Please don't hold back.

Feedback Score
    Most of these charges are illegal

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    Most of these charges are illegal

Damn, a company with hundreds of millions of subscribers is getting away with illegal charges and nobody is batting an eye? Do tell how they’re getting away with this. A law or policy from the federal government would be nice to see. I don’t like taxes or fees anymore than the next guy, but I think “illegal” is not the word you’re looking for. Maybe immoral?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL)

Duluth, MN
    4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Device(s)
    LG V40 ThinQ
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    Damn, a company with hundreds of millions of subscribers is getting away with illegal charges and nobody is batting an eye? Do tell how they’re getting away with this. A law or policy from the federal government would be nice to see. I don’t like taxes or fees anymore than the next guy, but I think “illegal” is not the word you’re looking for. Maybe immoral?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    They have actually been fined numerous times over the years for the practice of placing b.s. fees on customers bills.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keeponkeepnon View Post
    They have actually been fined numerous times over the years for the practice of placing b.s. fees on customers bills.
    If they were still posting illegal charges, wouldn't the government step in by now ? Please cite your sources.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score

Care to offer an explanation why they are bogus ? Please feel free to cite the reason why they are bogus. Please don't hold back.
    1.99 admin fee? Sounds bogus to me.

Going up $10 and giving more data that many customers didn't want or ask for. Sounds a little bogus to me.

You can knock the response all you want but the fees seem bogus to me. Tax is one thing but fees are another

Att is looking to increase revenue due to all the debt they have even if it means bogus fees etc

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score

You know for being a mod you are kind of rude to people. Makes no sense

We get it. You may be having a bad day, but try to lighten up for a change

We all have bad days but not every thread needs to be scrutinized even if it disagrees with your opinion

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    Hundreds of millions of subscribers, really ? Maybe you missed this:

AT&T has a subscriber base of approximately 76.89 million postpaid and 17 million prepaid customers as of 2018, and AT&T's monthly postpaid churn rate remains one of the lowest in the industry, sitting at just 1.12 percent in 2018.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    You know for being a mod you are kind of rude to people. Makes no sense

We get it. You may be having a bad day, but try to lighten up for a change

We all have bad days but not every thread needs to be scrutinized even if it disagrees with your opinion
    And when you or anyone makes a post with nothing to back it up, I will call it out. These are my personal thoughts on the matter and nothing to do with being a moderator. At least, try to provide a basis for your allegations and don't get upset so easily when you are questioned about it.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    And when you or anyone makes a post with nothing to back it up, I will call it out. These are my personal thoughts on the matter and nothing to do with being a moderator. At least, try to provide a basis for your allegations and don't get upset so easily when you are questioned about it.
    I'm not upset but the topic of the thread deals with outrageous att fees. Wouldn't the admim fee be a part of that? How is that not backed up? Its a $2 fee just because people pay it and they know they will continue to. That's why it goes up every once in a while

So we all should say that we love all the extra att fees? Nothing to be called out on just for thinking fees like that are bogus.

$2 a line is high

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast