Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What John Legere had to say to Verizon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    the problem with that is, the cell companies managed to position themselves such that they can put these cells anywhere they want without restriction.

Go on, get a good job and become a homeowner in a nice neighborhood and tell me how that works out for you.
    I would love to know my area has good cell service. NIMBYs constantly get towers denied then turn around and complaint to the carriers about sucky coverage and demand they do something about it. All these "ugly" cells actually will INCREASE the homes value. People want to live where they can get broadband internet and good cell service. A house that has neither will take forever to sell and sell for less.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    T-Mobile has an average of 15X15 MHz in most of the US and chose to deploy 2/3 of it on 5G where less than 2% of customers have phones that can access it. Meanwhile the other 98% have to share 1/3. Yeah that really make sense.
    I wasn't addressing their choice to do that. I was only pointing out to CanadianAngela that it was their choice. She was stating false information that "T-Mobile got stuck with low-band 5G" and "being forced to deploy only low-band 5G".

They weren't forced to deploy anything nor were they stuck with low-band 5G as she falsely stated. Like you said, they could've deployed more 4G LTE on that band if they wanted to until 5G devices were more widespread.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAngela View Post
    ...... and now they are desperately trying to advertise their way out of being forced to deploy only low-band 5G.......,
    The problem with this statement is that it's factually incorrect. T-Mobile has not deployed "only low-band 5G". They've deployed both band 71 and mmWave 5G.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    ... All these "ugly" cells actually will INCREASE the homes value. ......
    Uhhh.. Nope. No one wants to live next to an ugly cell tower. The problem is that cell towers don't have to be ugly. It just happens that's the cheapest way to build them. They can be attractive; it's just more expensive.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Ookla’s numbers are in.

In the data measurement category that matters to most mobile phone users (LTE) T-Mobile came out on top.

Attachment 165205

I wish they could also tie in to the graph how much data each network carried. That is also a key factor in determining performance (it’s easy to be fast if you you only handle 1/2 as much data as your competitors).

Sports/entertainment venues are much different then other high traffic areas because at events like the super bowl and concerts people use their phones differently. At these events most people are uploading live videos, sending pictures, and snap chats and what not compared to other high traffic areas where most people are downloading data much more (streaming videos and browsing FB).

In the end all the carriers did extremely well for handling that much traffic in such a small area. Just from looking at the graph the only carrier that did not do great was sprint because they had poor upload speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    the problem with that is, the cell companies managed to position themselves such that they can put these cells anywhere they want without restriction.

Go on, get a good job and become a homeowner in a nice neighborhood and tell me how that works out for you.
    The small cells can be designed to be aesthetically not ugly. In the city I live in they came up with an unobtrusive design and the carriers all signed on. If a city doesn't work with the carriers then they'll end up getting the cheapest, ugliest design.

It's the fear of 5G mmWave radiation that some people are concerned about. They were also concerned aboug 1G, 2G, 3G, and 4G radiation. There's probably nothing to those fears https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/16/s...ss-cancer.html. But this is an emotional issue, not a logical issue.

BTA-44: MTA-29: MSA-41: PEA-40: CMA-41: BEA-78: MEA-24
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10+ (unlocked), Galaxy S8, LG K7, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Those 5G small cells dont look as obtrusive as people make them out to be. The more they install, the more they'll just blend in with rest of infrastructure we normally see on streets/highways.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T Unlimited & More w/ 2 Lines
    AT&T TV w/ HBO

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3