Thread: general question about refurbished Android phones.

Carrier(s)
    H2O
    Feedback Score

general question about refurbished Android phones.

I see a lot of refurbished phones for sale at good prices, but what does the word actually mean?

I mean, the thing that gets weak in phones is the battery. In none of the descriptions I've seen of refurbished phones does it ever say if the refurbishing process includes replacing the battery.

Is it safe to assume the battery is not replaced? If so, no sale, at least not to me.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score

All you shoud know about it

Quote Originally Posted by eggsalad View Post
    I see a lot of refurbished phones for sale at good prices, but what does the word actually mean?

I mean, the thing that gets weak in phones is the battery. In none of the descriptions I've seen of refurbished phones does it ever say if the refurbishing process includes replacing the battery.

Is it safe to assume the battery is not replaced? If so, no sale, at least not to me.
    Refurbished the word directly tells you It's repaired mobile. the people who return the mobiles which are damaged or with some fault in it. The mobile company people will correct the damages make it like a brand new one and sells it for less price than the original one. This is Refurbished mobile is all about. According to me once a problem will always be a problem. So try to avoid those mobile. Check these tips for buying a new smartphone in 2020.

thanks

Carrier(s)
    H2O
    Feedback Score
    So the answer seems to be that, refurbished or not, you're buying a used battery. No thanks.

Feedback Score
    This article should help you
    http://mrbloggers.com/buying-a-new-smartphone-in-2020/

thank me later

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Another example is when someone buys a phone and returns it to the store because they decide they want a different phone instead (seen it happen in less than 1 hour after a customer leaves the store). You can't call the phone new once the package is opened and repackage the phone as new, it is now used. After evaluation by the store or manufacturer it is now "refurbished". Refurbished doesn't always mean that the phone was heavily used, broken or defective. I have received and used more than one "refurbished" phones with no problems and I could not even tell they were ever used.

Yes, there will be occasional horror stories but they are not as frequent in real life as you might think.
    Just another day in paradise.....