Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Moto E6 for $20 with a trade-in

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    To fulfill the terms of the trade-in deal, you have to activate the SIM. If not, they have the right to bill you for the full price of the E6. Some people on Slickdeals reported getting "reminder" email to activate the SIM.
    I guess the question is if I can activate in any phone and keep e6 sealed

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boherez View Post
    I guess the question is if I can activate in any phone and keep e6 sealed
    It can be done if the "any phone" is compatible with Verizon and will accept the Visible SIM. Visible doesn't care whether or not you use the E6 to do the activation. The activation steps were described in my previous reply.

When you activate a SIM, the carrier network needs to be able to communicate with it to initialize it with the phone number and other information. If your "any phone" has no bands/freqs to connect to Verizon, then it won't work. If your any phone is compatible with Verizon but is locked (like a Tracfone-branded phone) then it won't accept the SIM to begin with, so it can't be used.
    Last edited by hpham; 02-26-2020 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Added more information.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boherez View Post
    How about the 100 dollar Visa card for keeping service a 2nd month?! With a party pay plan it only adds 25 dollars to make 100....? Make sense ?
    Looks like in order to get the $100 I would have needed to port in a number which I didnt do...
    Oh well.
    Crazy that they dont allow to port in after activating. All other carriers can port in at any point

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    Today, I tried to activate the SIM that came with my E6 in a VZ Prepaid Moto E4. The E4 had been unlocked and whitelisted, after paying the "ransom". The account was later closed, and the phone had not been used since, for well over a year.

The SIM would not activate, with an error message of "Unsupported Device". I put the SIM in the E6 and it activated right away.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    Today, I tried to activate the SIM that came with my E6 in a VZ Prepaid Moto E4. The E4 had been unlocked and whitelisted, after paying the "ransom". The account was later closed, and the phone had not been used since, for well over a year.

The SIM would not activate, with an error message of "Unsupported Device". I put the SIM in the E6 and it activated right away.
    Is the Moto E4 VoLTE-capable? If not, perhaps Visible network (VoLTE only on Verizon) couldn't talk to it.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Is the Moto E4 VoLTE-capable?
    Yes, it should be.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score

My factory unlocked e4 activated the sim through the app on wifi but never did get a Visible signal.

Feedback Score
    It might make sense for some people. I just want a quick deal with not much involvement. Traded in 3 older phones for two Moto E6 and one ZTE A7. Sold one E6 on Ebay. With that sale and some referral cash back bonuses, I netted $78 and two free phones. Good enough for me.
    Was it easy to sell the E6 on Ebay?
    (I have only bought stuff on Ebay, and it seems to me that there are so many sellers for any given item. Every time I buy something on Ebay, I think it must be really hard for ordinary people to get anything sold. Hence my curiosity).
    Thanks.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    FYI: I've setup my Visible account with a Regions prepaid Visa card. I keep it turned off unless I'm using it. This morning I got an alert that I had a transaction that was declined and I just checked to see what it was. It was for a $40 payment to Visible. I do not have auto pay enabled on my account. Also the first payment is not due until the 29th. So be advised they are up to no good.
    Last edited by cellular-dude; 02-27-2020 at 10:07 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    FYI: I've setup my Visible account with a Regions prepaid Visa card. I keep it turned off unless I'm using it. This morning I got an alert that I had a transaction that was declined and I just checked to see what it was. It was for a $40 payment to Visible. I do not have auto pay enabled on my account. Also the first payment is not due until the 29th. So be advised they are up to no good.
    Visible will claim it is a leap year software glitch. Sorry, I can't help it. Seriously, it would be a real problem for a lot of people if Visible tries to charge even when the auto pay is disabled. I used Paypal when ordering and had cancelled Paypal's automatic payment agreement with Visible. Hope that will reject Visible's charging attempt.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up. I created 3 Visible accounts and traded in 3 phones. Accounts #1 and #2 use credit cards, and #3 uses Paypal. Auto pay is turned off in all 3. Acct #1 is due for renewal on March 3rd. If it gets charged, I'll contest the charge with the credit card company, and gear up for a fight on #2, and disconnect Paypal from #3. If #1 doesn't get charged, I won't take any actions.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jettable View Post
    Was it easy to sell the E6 on Ebay?
    (I have only bought stuff on Ebay, and it seems to me that there are so many sellers for any given item. Every time I buy something on Ebay, I think it must be really hard for ordinary people to get anything sold. Hence my curiosity).
    Thanks.
    I've been buying/selling on Ebay since 1999, so it was easier for me to sell my E6 on Ebay. I listed it on a Friday evening with a Buy-It-Now price of $69, and with FREE Shipping by Priority Mail. The going price was $70 when I started my listing (common selling price was $75 the week before but it was dropping due to too many sellers). By Sat evening, I had 30+ viewings on my item but no sale, so I dropped the price to $67. Sunday morning, with 40+ viewings but still no sale, I dropped the price to $65 and it was sold around noon.

Ebay charged a 10% selling fee ($6.50), Paypal took 2.9% + $0.30, my cost to ship the phone was around $7.75. So I netted around $48.50.

I didn't look at the E6 listings on Ebay for about a week. By then it was out-of-stock on Visible and price had gone back up to $75 on Ebay. Oh, well. I still made a profit.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I opened 3 Visible accounts for 3 trade-ins. Acct #1 is due for renewal on March 4th. I just used Chat today to close my account. I asked the rep to close it today rather than letting the service run out. He even submitted a refund for my 1st-month fee. Heck of a deal. Got an email confirming the account closing. When I tried to log back into my account, it showed SERVICE CANCELLED. One down, two more to go.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick880 View Post
    I used Paypal when ordering and had cancelled Paypal's automatic payment agreement with Visible. Hope that will reject Visible's charging attempt.
    Thanks for that warning. My Visible account did not have auto-pay enabled, but PayPal did. I cancelled the auto-pay from PayPal.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for that warning. My Visible account did not have auto-pay enabled, but PayPal did. I cancelled the auto-pay from PayPal.
    You are welcome. I learned about Paypal's automatic payment agreement from SD forum.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast