Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Moto E6 for $20 with a trade-in

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracfoner69 View Post
    I'll probably wind up getting the g6 when HSN has them back in stock for $100. I'll take the bad with the good when it comes to the g6, such as.... the fact that I'm actually going backwards in terms of Android release.
    The TF-branded Moto G6 does get updated to Android Pie, according to This Thread on Turk Forums .

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracfoner69 View Post
    No Verizon is a non-starter. Verizon coverage around my neck of the woods is far superior to any other carrier, with a site just 1/4 mile from my house.

I'll probably wind up getting the g6 when HSN has them back in stock for $100. I'll take the bad with the good when it comes to the g6, such as the pointless and annoying glass back, the smaller battery, and of course the fact that I'm actually going backwards in terms of Android release.
    Unless Moto changes directions, the G6 was the last with the fingerprint sensor on the front so that it included using the sensor for the one button navigation feature (replacing the three buttons at the screen`s bottom). Look for this feature under Moto Actions in the Moto app on the G6. You can turn it on and off very quickly within the app.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I have a Simple Mobile Moto E5 with an active TF/Verizon BYOP SIM as a backup phone. I'll be replacing it with the Moto E6 from Visible. The E5 is way too big, I like the smaller E6. Although the E6 doesn't have a fingerprint reader, I don't use the E5's fingerprint reader anyway because it's not reliable (at least on my E5). The E6 has a smaller battery, but it's quite good at battery management. It uses just 4-5% every 24 hrs when sitting idle.
    Using 4-5% battery every 24 hrs without usage is pretty impressive. Do you have WiFi turned on and any push or poll email accounts set up or any other 3rd party apps installed that might do things in the background on your E6?

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Out of stock again!

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Using 4-5% battery every 24 hrs without usage is pretty impressive. Do you have WiFi turned on and any push or poll email accounts set up or any other 3rd party apps installed that might do things in the background on your E6?
    No, I only have cell service on. I turn off GPS, Data, Bluetooth, Wifi when I'm not using them. I don't use any social networking apps.

Feedback Score
    No, I only have cell service on. I turn off GPS, Data, Bluetooth, Wifi when I'm not using them. I don't use any social networking apps.
    Gotchya. Thanks for the feedback.

Feedback Score
    How about the 100 dollar Visa card for keeping service a 2nd month?! With a party pay plan it only adds 25 dollars to make 100....? Make sense ?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boherez View Post
    How about the 100 dollar Visa card for keeping service a 2nd month?! With a party pay plan it only adds 25 dollars to make 100....? Make sense ?
    It might make sense for some people. I just want a quick deal with not much involvement. Traded in 3 older phones for two Moto E6 and one ZTE A7. Sold one E6 on Ebay. With that sale and some referral cash back bonuses, I netted $78 and two free phones. Good enough for me.

Device(s)
    Moto g6
    Feedback Score
    The TF-branded Moto G6 does get updated to Android Pie, according to This Thread on Turk Forums .
    Ah nice, apparently I had forgotten to keep up with that thread.

Feedback Score
    Just to confirm, the e6 has to get activated with the visible sim? I can't just use the sim in any random phone....

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Just to confirm, the e6 has to get activated with the visible sim? I can't just use the sim in any random phone....
    I'm not sure if you mainly want to know about ACTIVATING the SIM, or USE the SIM in another phone (and keep the Moto E6 unopened to sell it).

* To activate the Visible SIM:
    - Put the SIM in the E6 or a compatible Android phone.
    - Download and run the Visible app.
    - Log into the Visible account that you created for that phone number/SIM (if you made multiple orders) and go through the activation process.
    - Power the phone off then back on. The SIM should be operational.

* To use the Visible SIM in any random phone: if the phone is unlocked and compatible with Verizon, it SHOULD work. I don't have such a phone to confirm it. I tried the Visible SIM in my Simple Mobile Moto E5 and it was rejected because the phone is still locked to TF-family SIMs only. A Visible SIM will work with any Visible phone (if you ordered more than one).

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply. Would rather keep the e6 sealed but want to make sure I dont get charged some random fee for lack of activation

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply. Would rather keep the e6 sealed but want to make sure I dont get charged some random fee for lack of activation
    To fulfill the terms of the trade-in deal, you have to activate the SIM. If not, they have the right to bill you for the full price of the E6. Some people on Slickdeals reported getting "reminder" email to activate the SIM.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    To fulfill the terms of the trade-in deal, you have to activate the SIM. If not, they have the right to bill you for the full price of the E6. Some people on Slickdeals reported getting "reminder" email to activate the SIM.
    I got a reminder email 6 days ago. It said I had to activate to complete the swap. I've had it since the 13th and I'm waiting till March 1st to activate.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    Out of stock again!
    Not surprised. I managed to scarf one up at 1:30 AM. I saw them available yesterday, and previously had some old phones lined-up to trade-in, but wasn't at home until after midnight and didn't have the IMEIs with me before then. I knew they would go fast.

I will play with it and check out the coverage for the month, but will then use it for a T-Mobile prepaid line. I like that it has band 71 (great for TMO), but too bad it does not include AT&T's band 14.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast