Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Moto E6 for $20 with a trade-in

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score

Moto E6 for $20 with a trade-in

Here's the deal as described on Slickdeals.net: https://slickdeals.net/f/13833260-vi...?src=frontpage.

I put in the IMEI of my old TF-branded Sunrise L15G and it was accepted. It said "the phone is not compatible with Visible but that's not a problem. We'll give you a new phone as a trade". From reading the comments in that thread, Visible seems to favor GSM phones (maybe to take them off the AT&T, T-mo markets?). They say the phone has to be an Adroid phone, but some Windows Nokia phones were accepted.

You're required to pay for one month of service ($40, but discounted to $25 for a new customer, or to $20 with the coupon code). You can cancel before the end of the first month.

So I signed up, they've assigned a new phone number, and are shipping me the Moto E6 and a prepaid envelope to ship back the Sunrise. Their checkout site is kind of wonky, showing a "due today" amount of $11.43 (sales tax + fees) but my credit card was only charged the $20 discounted first month service.

I also referred my wife to TopCashBack. The 1st purchase at Visible.com qualifies for a $10 cash back on TCB, which is enough to trigger a $30 sign-up bonus for her, and $10 referral bonus for me. So, we'll net $30 and a free Moto E6.

Since Visible uses Verizon LTE, the Moto E6 is VoLTE capable. Visible say their phones are unlocked, so it might have GSM radio too. I'll find out when I receive it in a few days.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Here's the deal as described on Slickdeals.net: https://slickdeals.net/f/13833260-vi...?src=frontpage.

I put in the IMEI of my old TF-branded Sunrise L15G and it was accepted. It said "the phone is not compatible with Visible but that's not a problem. We'll give you a new phone as a trade". From reading the comments in that thread, Visible seems to favor GSM phones (maybe to take them off the AT&T, T-mo markets?). They say the phone has to be an Adroid phone, but some Windows Nokia phones were accepted.

You're required to pay for one month of service ($40, but discounted to $25 for a new customer, or to $20 with the coupon code). You can cancel before the end of the first month.

So I signed up, they've assigned a new phone number, and are shipping me the Moto E6 and a prepaid envelope to ship back the Sunrise. Their checkout site is kind of wonky, showing a "due today" amount of $11.43 (sales tax + fees) but my credit card was only charged the $20 discounted first month service.

I also referred my wife to TopCashBack. The 1st purchase at Visible.com qualifies for a $10 cash back on TCB, which is enough to trigger a $30 sign-up bonus for her, and $10 referral bonus for me. So, we'll net $30 and a free Moto E6.

Since Visible.com uses Verizon LTE, the Moto E6 is VoLTE capable. Visible say their phones are unlocked, so it might have GSM radio too. I'll find out when I receive it in a few days.
    Most likely it still has a GSM radio, though there is not all that much support of GSM in the US anymore. TMobile still supports it. Likely some smaller companies, though ATT dropped it a couple years ago.

One question is how long does it have to remain active on Visible before it can be used on other Verizon based carriers.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Trying to simplify to 2 prepaid lines, one on the Verizon network and a limited minute plan on ATT to improve coverage area. 12 month plans to help me fight the urge to switch. The good old days of contracts where you had to pay a hefty ETF to leave

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Most likely it still has a GSM radio, though there is not all that much support of GSM in the US anymore. TMobile still supports it. Likely some smaller companies, though ATT dropped it a couple years ago.

One question is how long does it have to remain active on Visible before it can be used on other Verizon based carriers.
    I don't understand your comment about not much GSM support in the US anymore. AT&T has dropped support for 2G and moved on to 3G and 4G LTE, but they're still using GSM technology, same as what T-mo uses.

Going by Visible comment/statement that their phones are not locked to Visible, I expect that the E6 can be used with TF/Verizon. I have an active TF/Verizon BYOP SIM and an active TF/AT&T BYOP SIM. I'll try them in the E6 when I receive it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    I don't understand your comment about not much GSM support in the US anymore. AT&T has dropped support for 2G and moved on to 3G and 4G LTE, but they're still using GSM technology, same as what T-mo uses.

Going by Visible comment/statement that their phones are not locked to Visible, I expect that the E6 can be used with TF/Verizon. I have an active TF/Verizon BYOP SIM and an active TF/AT&T BYOP SIM. I'll try them in the E6 when I receive it.
    ATT is using UMTS based technology now, which has more in common with CDMA than GSM. UMTS was the common upgrade path for carriers that used GSM, but is not the same thing as GSM.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    ATT is using UMTS based technology now, which has more in common with CDMA than GSM. UMTS was the common upgrade path for carriers that used GSM, but is not the same thing as GSM.
    OK, I don't have in-depth knowledge of cell phone terminologies, so I'll just rephrase my previous post to say that hopefully the Moto E6 will support whatever technology TF/AT&T and TF/T-mo use, besides TF/Verizon VoLTE.

Feedback Score
    UMTS (W-CDMA) is 3G technology, while GSM is 2G. Common usage lumps them together, so to differentiate from 4G LTE. The odd one is HSPA+ which is actually enhanced 3G, but commonly called 4G because of it's speed.

Feedback Score
    I am a sucker for inexpensive phones that can be used on all 4 carriers. Will the E6 be usable on Sprint? TIA.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jettable View Post
    I am a sucker for inexpensive phones that can be used on all 4 carriers. Will the E6 be usable on Sprint? TIA.
    Following comment was posted in the long thread over at Slickdeals:

"I did this deal about six weeks ago and everything worked out just fine. No billing issues no activation issues. I used somebody's referral code that I found online somewhere else and all they charged me was the $20 for the first month of service. I was planning on keeping the service but I needed to find three other people to do the party pay plan for $25 each. I couldn't get three people together so I ended up porting out and that was easy too. The Moto E6 is a really great phone and the battery seems to last longer than it does in my Moto X4. So many people have asked if this phone will work on Sprint. It has all the bands necessary to work on Sprint but whether or not Sprint will accept the phone on their network is another matter. Unless somebody on here tries it, you'll just have to find out for yourself. I used the Visible service in Richmond Virginia, Fredericksburg Virginia and Washington DC for the month. I had no problems at all as there is good Verizon 4G coverage in those areas. If I can get together three family members to do this party plan with me I'll switch back to visible and use the Moto E6 that they originally sent me."

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score

Since Visible uses Verizon LTE, the Moto E6 is VoLTE capable. Visible say their phones are unlocked, so it might have GSM radio too. I'll find out when I receive it in a few days.
    They are unlocked. It's the same model you'd get ordering directly from Motorola. I've got my second one coming Monday.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    OK, I don't have in-depth knowledge of cell phone terminologies, so I'll just rephrase my previous post to say that hopefully the Moto E6 will support whatever technology TF/AT&T and TF/T-mo use, besides TF/Verizon VoLTE.
    Its the unlocked version that they send. I put a T-Mobile/Trac sim in when I got it. Works great.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    Its the unlocked version that they send. I put a T-Mobile/Trac sim in when I got it. Works great.
    I am assuming you are forfeiting the month of visage plan?? I want to try an AT&T simm. I tried to buy the phone but since i am in florida for the winter it wont send one to here, nor where I live in MI. Chat told me if there were G6 left in April the deal would stand, and if not they supposedly run the "swap program all the time. We shall see.
    Maybe by april I'll have gotten the silly idea ' I need another phone' outta my head.
    It will be interesting to hear how y'all make out with them, tho....

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    Thanks for the info. Sounds great.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    I am assuming you are forfeiting the month of visage plan??
    Don't have to forfeit anything. Use the phone with Visible until the plan runs out, then use the phone with TF or whichever provider you want.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    I am assuming you are forfeiting the month of visage plan??
    Nope. I'm using the s$#@ out of it. lol. Been using the data with my Amazon Music account and of course I've got my google voice number setup in it.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    @cellular-dude
    Did you do a swap? If yes, what phone did you trade in? Any problem with getting billed again when you activated the phone? Quite a few people were complaining about double billing.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast