Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Moto E6 for $20 with a trade-in

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I've been buying/selling on Ebay since 1999, so it was easier for me to sell my E6 on Ebay. I listed it on a Friday evening with a Buy-It-Now price of $69, and with FREE Shipping by Priority Mail. The going price was $70 when I started my listing (common selling price was $75 the week before but it was dropping due to too many sellers). By Sat evening, I had 30+ viewings on my item but no sale, so I dropped the price to $67. Sunday morning, with 40+ viewings but still no sale, I dropped the price to $65 and it was sold around noon.

Ebay charged a 10% selling fee ($6.50), Paypal took 2.9% + $0.30, my cost to ship the phone was around $7.75. So I netted around $48.50.

I didn't look at the E6 listings on Ebay for about a week. By then it was out-of-stock on Visible and price had gone back up to $75 on Ebay. Oh, well. I still made a profit.
    Thanks, hpham. Appreciate how thorough and detailed your posts are.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boherez View Post
    Looks like in order to get the $100 I would have needed to port in a number which I didnt do...
    Oh well.
    Crazy that they dont allow to port in after activating. All other carriers can port in at any point
    That was crazy, they don't even mention port until you drill down. Very hidden. Very deceitful.

Can you port from Verizon Prepaid ?

Feedback Score
    Can some please suggest something to help a friend of mine? He is trying to get his Moto E6 (from the swap) activated on Visible but can’t.

He did everything Visible Chat told him to do – reboot, airplane mode, network reset, reinstall app, factory reset, put in Freedompop sim – but his phone is still not activated. Chat also re-provisioned his sim.

Then they sent him a new sim, he did all of the above steps with Chat once again, still no service. Any ideas on what might help?

His zip code shows good coverage on Verizon as well as Visible but his phone shows zero bars. I told him to download the Network Signal Info app (learned about the app on this forum, thank you!). It shows Visible as the Sim operator and 97% strength. Data: Unknown, Voice: LTE*4G. Even with his data on though, Network Signal Info shows Data state as Disconnected.

Hope someone can think of something that can help him get activated because Visible Chat doesn’t seem to know what else to do. Sim number shown in phone settings matches sim number on Visible card. APN is VSBLINTERNET but everything inside APN is blank. Thanks.
    Last edited by jettable; 03-22-2020 at 02:16 PM.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jettable View Post
    His zip code shows good coverage on Verizon as well as Visible but his phone shows zero bars. I told him to download the Network Signal Info app (learned about the app on this forum, thank you!). It shows Visible as the Sim operator and 97% strength. Data: Unknown, Voice: LTE*4G. Even with his data on though, Network Signal Info shows Data state as Disconnected.

Hope someone can think of something that can help him get activated because Visible Chat doesn’t seem to know what else to do. Sim number shown in phone settings matches sim number on Visible card. APN is VSBLINTERNET but everything inside APN is blank.
    Sounds to me like somehow the APN on his Moto E6 is not set up correctly. Below are some screenshots that I took when my Moto E6 was still on Visible. It was recently ported to Sprint to do a promotion deal, so I no longer have Visible service to do any testing. I hope the screenshots help. Other forum members who are better than me at reading LTE info probably can spot something for you/your friend to check. (There's a phone number somewhere in these screenshots, but it's been deactivated).

Name:  Moto-E6-Visible-screenshot-1.JPG
Views: 36
Size:  11.8 KB

Name:  Moto-E6-Visible-screenshot-2.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  15.1 KB

Name:  Moto-E6-Visible-screenshot-3.JPG
Views: 37
Size:  39.9 KB

Name:  Moto-E6-Visible-screenshot-4.JPG
Views: 38
Size:  31.2 KB

Name:  Moto-E6-Visible-screenshot-5.JPG
Views: 37
Size:  31.5 KB

Name:  Moto-E6-Visible-screenshot-6.JPG
Views: 36
Size:  30.9 KB

Feedback Score
    Sounds to me like somehow the APN on his Moto E6 is not set up correctly. Below are some screenshots that I took when my Moto E6 was still on Visible.
    Okay, so -- turns out when he said the APN was all blank, he meant everything is grayed out. I am looking at the phone right now. Everything on his phone is exactly like hpham's screenshots! So then that's probably not the problem.

Is Enhanced 4G LTE Mode supposed to be grayed out too? Because that's how it is on the phone. It shows as on, but it is grayed out. Maybe that's where the problem lies? But in that case, how come Network Signal app shows "Voice: LTE*4G"? Thanks for all the help, BTW.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Is Enhanced 4G LTE Mode supposed to be grayed out too? Because that's how it is on the phone. It shows as on, but it is grayed out. Maybe that's where the problem lies? But in that case, how come Network Signal app shows "Voice: LTE*4G"? Thanks for all the help, BTW.
    Visible is a Verizon offshoot and only uses VoLTE. So Enhanced 4G LTE is ON, but grayed out so you can't change it. With the Network Signal app showing "Voice: LTE 4G", is your friend able to make/receive calls? What happens if he calls the E6's phone number from another phone? Does it go to Voicemail (i.e. the phone is not on the network) or he hears ringing? What exactly happens when he tries to make a call?

Feedback Score
    Visible is a Verizon offshoot and only uses VoLTE. So Enhanced 4G LTE is ON, but grayed out so you can't change it. With the Network Signal app showing "Voice: LTE 4G", is your friend able to make/receive calls? What happens if he calls the E6's phone number from another phone? Does it go to Voicemail (i.e. the phone is not on the network) or he hears ringing? What exactly happens when he tries to make a call?
    Thank you, that makes sense with the Enhanced 4G LTE being grayed out. As for making calls, no, the phone can't make calls. When a phone number is put into the dialpad, it just goes back to the previous screen without doing anything.

Calling the E6's number from a different phone -- no ringing, just a pre-recorded message saying “The person you are trying to call has a voice mail box that has not been set up yet. Please try your call again later". The recorded message starts playing immediately, no delay, no rings, like it's going to voicemail immediately.

Another thing puzzles me -- even though the data is on, the Network Signal app shows Data state as Disconnected. Also, the phone shows zero bars -- just a triangle-outline with nothing inside - even though Network Signal shows 97% strength. I was looking at his Chat transcripts and Visible said they re-provisioned the sim. I thought re-provisioning solved such problems. Apparently not, in this case.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Do you or your friend have an unlocked phone that can work with Verizon? If yes, try the Visible SIM in it, if it works then the E6 could be bad.

Feedback Score
    Can some please suggest something to help a friend of mine? He is trying to get his Moto E6 (from the swap) activated on Visible but can’t.

He did everything Visible Chat told him to do – reboot, airplane mode, network reset, reinstall app, factory reset, put in Freedompop sim – but his phone is still not activated. Chat also re-provisioned his sim.

Then they sent him a new sim, he did all of the above steps with Chat once again, still no service. Any ideas on what might help?

Hope someone can think of something that can help him get activated because Visible Chat doesn’t seem to know what else to do. Sim number shown in phone settings matches sim number on Visible card. APN is VSBLINTERNET but everything inside APN is blank. Thanks.
    It's too bad your friend is experiencing this frustration!

If your friend has tried everything that Visible support has requested, which it sounds like they've done, including being patient and waiting for a replacement SIM to be sent, I would suggest requesting a replacement Moto E6 from Visible.

Good luck!

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5 Play, AT&T F160 flip, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Don't know if it's the same issue, but my Visible E6 also stopped connecting to the cell network yesterday (or some time in the last few days).
    My Visible service runs out tomorrow, so I'm not too concerned about it. I'll be using the phone on FreedomPop.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    I'll be using the phone on FreedomPop.
    Any complaints about the outgoing sound quality from people you call? My E6 on Red Pocket Verizon sounds great on my end, but outgoing sound is fuzzy & low in volume. Thought it was a VoLTE issue, but sounds even worse on 1x. I left a voice mail on Google Voice to confirm how bad it sounds & it is truly pathetic.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5 Play, AT&T F160 flip, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    The sound quality was about average. Callers on the other end did not complain.

Sent from my moto e6 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Any complaints about the outgoing sound quality from people you call? My E6 on Red Pocket Verizon sounds great on my end, but outgoing sound is fuzzy & low in volume.
    I used my Moto E6 on Visible for about 3 weeks, then a week ago ported it over to Sprint to do a promotion. During those 4 weeks, I used it for a lot of long outgoing calls. Nobody complained about the call quality.

Feedback Score
    Do you or your friend have an unlocked phone that can work with Verizon? If yes, try the Visible SIM in it, if it works then the E6 could be bad.
    Unfortunately, no, neither of us does. I have two Tracfone-Verizon phones but they are locked to Tracfone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    It's too bad your friend is experiencing this frustration!

If your friend has tried everything that Visible support has requested, which it sounds like they've done, including being patient and waiting for a replacement SIM to be sent, I would suggest requesting a replacement Moto E6 from Visible.

Good luck!
    Thanks Boz1. Visible is invoking the 14-day returns policy and asking him to buy a new phone from their current phone selection.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast